• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I dont get the whole "less smooth wavedashes" thing, but maybe that's
because I can just perfect wavedash with almost everyone :u
https://youtu.be/5jzDpCC_h0E?t=1119
My video covered it, it just makes it so you have to air dodge a frame sooner than you would in Melee to FPWL (and if you AD'd the frame you would in Melee, the last frame before landing, you'll just land and there will be no waveland at all: which is one of the worst things about the physics delay https://youtu.be/5jzDpCC_h0E?t=1430) and when you FPWD you're not instantly moving until a frame later

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
https://youtu.be/5jzDpCC_h0E?t=1119
My video covered it, it just makes it so you have to air dodge a frame sooner than you would in Melee to FPWL (and if you AD'd the frame you would in Melee, the last frame before landing, you'll just land and there will be no waveland at all: which is one of the worst things about the physics delay https://youtu.be/5jzDpCC_h0E?t=1430) and when you FPWD you're not instantly moving until a frame later
I meant I dont feel any difference. PWD with Marth in melee feels the same as doing it in PM to me

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
ashamed to say I'm not really liking bloodborne
I bought the game pretty recently, myself. The crazy pace of the game and the number of enemies took me off guard, coming from Dark Souls. I'm not really sure if I like those changes, yet. Other than that, I've really enjoyed it so far.

I'm curious about what's turning you off from it.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
The lack of build variety brought on by how stats, weapons and armor work is the worst part of the game for me. That, plus how healing works makes PvP boring as hell and not worth the time. These aspects of the game factor into the lack of replayability BB has and that really sucks because replayability is a huge part of why I enjoy the souls series so much. Chalice dungeons kind of give you some replayability, but not in the way I'm looking for.

Other than that and maybe the lack of compelling NPC storylines (there's 1), it's a pretty good single player experience that looks cool, sounds good and has some interesting lore. I liked it more than DaS2, but I should give that game another chance one of these days.

but that's just me

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I don't know why it bugs me that you dropped a g. it's just as bad as people who say ninja instead, like ***** I know what you're trying to say, just say it.
Because smashboards censors everything, and you don't have to call me a bit**. There was this facebook "Interesting fact" photo of a water pruned hand with the caption "We actually do this to have a better grip underwater", and one of the comments was that lol apparently I never took a screen cap.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Because smashboards censors everything, and you don't have to call me a bit**. There was this facebook "Interesting fact" photo of a water pruned hand with the caption "We actually do this to have a better grip underwater", and one of the comments was that lol apparently I never took a screen cap.
Umm... I didn't call you a B word... Try thinking the fourteenth letter of the alphabet. But I feel ya, sorta... still irks me. I'll never forget the day someone walked up to me and said "Ayy yo what up NINJA!" It's so cringe :facepalm:

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
So with all of the talk about the physics delay, if the physics fix happens would all of the aerial stuff get readjusted to still work or is that up to the balance whims of the PMDT? I have frame perfect SH AC Nair on my "is this even going to go anywhere" to-practice list but may not get to it if it would just get patched out.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Lol Reddit.
Lol upvotes.

Honestly, though I don't know what the why is for not "fixing" the physics delay, I don't get why it needs to even be "fixed" in the first place. The is nothing wrong with stuff being ever so slightly easier and different from Melee. Like really. Why "fix" something to make stuff harder just to satisfy the Melee crowd?

Seriously, "fixing" stuff to just make them harder just sounds stupid. If something is already hard and you want to leave it like that then fine, I understand that and have no problem with it same with making something easier. Purposefully making something harder to do is just stupid though.
Better question: why shouldn't the one frame delay on momentum be removed, if it becomes possible to do so? The only reason Melee's even part of the equation here is because that game shows us how things look without the delay.

It's not about making things easier or harder and it's not really about making PM "like Melee", it's about how the engine functions and how that looks and feels to the player. It affects more than just some early aerials: it's the reason you spend one frame in the air on any wavedash or waveland, it changes how you maneuver in the air in any direction, it affects your dashes, etc.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I don't know why it bugs me that you dropped a g. it's just as bad as people who say ninja instead, like ***** I know what you're trying to say, just say it.
He's dodging Smashboard's anti vocabulary sensors.
I wish Leffen could just shut the **** up on Twitter during tournaments holy ****
Top 32 should be Bo5? Everything needs to be streamed? WHAT?

He's basically telling the TO's that they should cut it as close as possible.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
@ DrinkingFood DrinkingFood @ InfinityCollision InfinityCollision @ SpiderMad SpiderMad FYI Melee had the physics delay on dashing.

http://www.smashmods.com/forum/threads/frame-delay.4341/#post-72263

Wonder if that'll be left in if they figure out how to fix it.
Yeah I read that post, and think I may have even mumbled that in the PM vs Melee mechanics video
Umm... I didn't call you a B word...
That was a joke, showing you why I didn't go with just having it censored for the anonymity between the two

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer

Sartron

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

steelguttey

mei is bei

look at this ****ing dank ass cover of tank

the first ****in 2 minutes is just zoomed in on this guy with sunglasses while a ****in bongo solo goes on in the background and then he just gets up and walks overto the mic and says "ok 3 2 1 lets jam"

then he sits down and puts on his nerdy ass glasses and starts playing bwahaha

MWEX

Smash Apprentice
Sonic is the best character in this game. No questions asked.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Sonic is the best character in this game. No questions asked.
It's a good thing you mentioned "no questions asked" because when you do start asking questions that statement sort of starts being significantly wrong. Not that Sonic is bad, but...

Last edited:
Top Bottom