• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
Went to a renaissance fair today.

****'s weird

EDIT: not to say it's bad, I'm hella into power metal and **** like that, there were just some kooks. wanted to buy a sword but couldn't find a good enough one

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Ate two cheeseburgers today.
How you respond to this will change my reaction. I will use visual cues I still have from spamming discord with them research.

If the burgers were this big:
tumblr_n91mc53NcV1tft52go1_400.jpg
Nice.

If the burgers were this big:
w77cWrc.jpg
DAMN SON ARE YOU OKAY?

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
No, discordianism outdates kappa by half a century.
Fool, Kappa is a concept not bound by how us puny mortals perceive the flow of time.
Why you gotta take the joke seriously like that, meen?

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Stop ****posting Mansta
****posting is all I have while visiting California to make me feel like I'm not going to die of a heat stroke tomorrow. Kappa
I know it isn't that bad but I'm terrible with heat.

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
spent my saturday night on an anime app trolling the living **** out of roleplay weebs with my group
Needless to say, Fox was banned from the app.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
****posting is all I have while visiting California to make me feel like I'm not going to die of a heat stroke tomorrow. Kappa
I know it isn't that bad but I'm terrible with heat.
Sounds like you need to get up out the studio

SpiderMad

Smash Master

Do I wait to see how many up-votes this gets before I reply to it?

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
the mixtape is too hot for mansta guys

goddamn i'm so disappointed right now

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Do I wait to see how many up-votes this gets before I reply to it?
Lol Reddit.
Lol upvotes.

Honestly, though I don't know what the why is for not "fixing" the physics delay, I don't get why it needs to even be "fixed" in the first place. The is nothing wrong with stuff being ever so slightly easier and different from Melee. Like really. Why "fix" something to make stuff harder just to satisfy the Melee crowd?

Seriously, "fixing" stuff to just make them harder just sounds stupid. If something is already hard and you want to leave it like that then fine, I understand that and have no problem with it same with making something easier. Purposefully making something harder to do is just stupid though.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
this thread is ass right now, share tunes for likes

fun fact, this song was featured in a hentai manga, its great

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Lol Reddit.
Lol upvotes.

Honestly, though I don't know what the why is for not "fixing" the physics delay, I don't get why it needs to even be "fixed" in the first place. The is nothing wrong with stuff being ever so slightly easier and different from Melee. Like really. Why "fix" something to make stuff harder just to satisfy the Melee crowd?

Seriously, "fixing" stuff to just make them harder just sounds stupid. If something is already hard and you want to leave it like that then fine, I understand that and have no problem with it same with making something easier. Purposefully making something harder to do is just stupid though.
Are you the person who made that comment? Now I have to wait for how many likes your post gets before I reply to it, since it's filled with even more ignorance.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Are you the person who made that comment? Now I have to wait for how many likes your post gets before I reply to it, since it's filled with even more ignorance.
Bruh.

I don't even have a Reddit account.

I think reddit is garbage.

You are making me laugh so hard right now.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Lol Reddit.
Lol upvotes.

As a Falco player it basically means I have to shoot my laser later to get the lowest laser for resets and stuff. Also L ancel timing is affected, and characters remain in the air longer when using air attacks. Those are some really insignificant cons, even when considering the difference is one frame.
Pros:
Lots of early aerials that make the game deeper. Falco can autocancel uair.
Is that game early access on Steam?

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Bruh.

I don't even have a Reddit account.

I think reddit is garbage.

You are making me laugh so hard right now.
Good cus it's one of the most addictive things in my life
As a Falco player it basically means I have to shoot my laser later to get the lowest laser for resets and stuff. Also L ancel timing is affected, and characters remain in the air longer when using air attacks. Those are some really insignificant cons, even when considering the difference is one frame.
Pros:
Lots of early aerials that make the game deeper. Falco can autocancel uair.
I've come to see the cons as pretty bad and expansive for when you want the game to feel the best possible, not that I'm fully aware of all its implications. It's the very thing that's pry making PM feel slower than Melee aside from Brawl's lame graphics. ADs (WDs/WLs) take a frame to start moving. That extra frame of air time at the start before you get moving is making your Jump look and feel and be slower. I covered that it's pry overall a bad thing in the first PM vs Melee mechanics video in the comments/description, and then the 2nd one I covered more negatives which was most of the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jzDpCC_h0E .

The pros of having an extra frame of air time allow more stuff, but so does the gravity quirk not existing and AD/Specials through IASA. At that point if you really wanted something to still work once it was removed, you'd just change the Aerial's IASA to be a frame sooner or something.

It's funny how I've delved into a lot of stuff, only to expand upon it enough that I'm against it

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Lol Reddit.
Lol upvotes.

It's the last remaining thing that makes wavedashes and wavelands in PM less smooth. It also makes dashes feel less responsive since they starting moving the second frame instead of the first. There's a lot of good reasons to fix it. Frame perfect tricks that would be lost with the fix are generally things that wouldn't ever see real use in even high level play anyway, as top level players usually see it more valuable to be consistent through out a match and find an option for any situation that's both almost as good as frame perfect trick X while also not needing to be frame perfect.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Good cus it's one of the most addictive things in my life

I've come to see the cons as pretty bad and expansive for when you want the game to feel the best possible, not that I'm fully aware of all its implications. It's the very thing that's pry making PM feel slower than Melee aside from Brawl's lame graphics. ADs (WDs/WLs) take a frame to start moving. That extra frame of air time at the start before you get moving is making your Jump look and feel and be slower. I covered that it's pry overall a bad thing in the first PM vs Melee mechanics video in the comments/description, and then the 2nd one I covered more negatives which was most of the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jzDpCC_h0E .

The pros of having an extra frame of air time allow more stuff, but so does the gravity quirk not existing and AD/Specials through IASA. At that point if you really wanted something to still work once it was removed, you'd just change the Aerial's IASA to be a frame sooner or something.

It's funny how I've delved into a lot of stuff, only to expand upon it enough that I'm against it
I thought you were talking about attacking increasing gravity? Which I mispoke the effect can be more than 1 frame.

Physics delay sucks and needs to be fixed, but I thought that it was something that they just couldn't.

We should just read the inputs 1 frame earlier and that would solve the problem!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, read inputs in frame 0. Sounds very possible. :p

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
It's the last remaining thing that makes wavedashes and wavelands in PM less smooth. It also makes dashes feel less responsive since they starting moving the second frame instead of the first. There's a lot of good reasons to fix it. Frame perfect tricks that would be lost with the fix are generally things that wouldn't ever see real use in even high level play anyway, as top level players usually see it more valuable to be consistent through out a match and find an option for any situation that's both almost as good as frame perfect trick X while also not needing to be frame perfect.
Exactly, this leads to the Buffer Discussion. If you have a double aerial that requires frame perfection (which in Melee there is none kind of: because the gravity quirk punishes your air time for doing the aerial frame perfect, making it overall the same as doing it on the 2nd frame. So if it doesn't exist on doing it on the 2nd frame it won't get better doing it the 1st, sort of or something.) that's two frame perfect inputs in PM, one for the aerial and the other for the 2nd (which were pry some of the examples in the ending segment https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/3gaqn8/things_you_cant_do_in_melee_and_some_hard_double/ like DK's SH Bair UAir). So can high level players consistently perform that enough to utilize? Especially given if you mess up you'll end up with a different situation/action than you wanted. Well without a real answer of Yes or No, buffer does alleviate the frame window for everyone.

And that brings me to where I again, go against what I delved into. Buffer isn't a good thing, only with 1 frame of it being the only plausible thing to go with it (1 frame already makes frame windows into 2 frame ones, anymore than that even 2 frames of buffer screws up the game dynamics extensively). A lot of people back in the Smashmods days were for and against buffer, in the most ignorant of reasons like just for the sake of multi-shines being broken they didn't want it or they wanted it just because they feel it's gonna help noobs out (which it does, but then used by a good player it's helping them do frame perfect execution easily; which is why custom buffer of various levels should be in the options for casual noobs to use during non-tournament play just like we got auto-L-cancelling now ..and NOT this "Input Assist" since it doesn't let them ween off buffer and puts it for both players and 3 frames is high in the first place when they could pry get by with 2 .. right now we got Input Assist though because Custom Buffer was replaced by Crew Mode .. so if they Custom Buffer to be in while also keeping in Crew Mode that'd be good.. along with having a Custom Light Press Air Dodge), when it screwed with the game concept in a lot more dramatic and meaningful ways than that. So many ways that I haven't really made a thorough post on it.

Light press air dodge is another thing. I've delved into it, and it sucks more and more each time (same for people who remove their springs or hard press their triggers all the time like @ Strong Badam Strong Badam that they don't realize that's the issue in threads like this http://smashboards.com/threads/shield-drop-uair.412947/#post-19857202 ). http://smashboards.com/threads/a-di...ad-thing-health-related.360937/#post-17071426
I still prefer it though for how great the Ergonomics are, but extensive modification of your triggers can reach a somewhat close comfort level (and certainly a lot better than unmodified) for hard press/Melee use. I also like playing with 1 frame of Buffer in PM when I'm playing friends at my house, that coupled with light press air dodge gives the most enjoyable experience.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I dont get the whole "less smooth wavedashes" thing, but maybe that's
because I can just perfect wavedash with almost everyone :u

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
The machine is holding you back. Your wave dashes aren't truly perfect.

Nobody can be perfect in an imperfect universe.
it's actually pmdt not letting me waveland out of shorthop cause of ecb bs/not giving squirtle the best wavedash in the game

SB pls fix sh waveland i'll love you forever and get you snacks the next time i'm in dallas <3 kappa

Last edited:
Top Bottom