• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I just came from a small tourney and found out mid tourney.

WTF RIP Iwata you nerd.

Even /r/kappa is up in arms about this. Probably shows just how much influence this guy had.

Don't go to /v/ though, whatever you do.
Let me guess rampaging up a storm or saying inappropriate stuff regarding it?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
went and looked up some yatagarasu vids after all the talk i'd seen a little while back.

the game looks pretty interesting. it's fast paced, in that everyone goes down in, like, 40 seconds, but the options and the footsies they give you seem pretty great and keep it feeling sane, in the face of the high damage and (seemingly) low hp (does everyone still have the same hp total in the newest version?).

but, yeah, give them girls some pants. samurai sisters got the booty, cute ninja girl is cutesy, chick wearing half of venom's outfit is basically letting it all hang out there, how does that even stay on when she moves? then the guy's are all wearing mc hammer parachute pants. i'm sure they wouldn't mind sharing a little bit of that extra fabric.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well, uh....

RIP Iwata. I'll try to understand better.

I'm so horrible. I'll go dig myself into a hole now.

Well on a different note.

I just got done watching Interstellar not that long ago and just... wow. I think I'm going to have to watch that a second time cause wow. That move was different, and really really good. Just wow.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Iwata died on the same day I bought a Ness amiibo.
Christopher Lee died around the time I started Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Dracula died in the opening).
I've been in some sad coincidences lately.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Welp I guess I main Peakek in Skullgirls now.
It originally was because the alternate voice appeals to my **** weaboo taste and I'm a sucker for early cartoons, but now I'm just used to her playstyle.

I'm still bad at the game though.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I've settled on beowulf/eliza. Realized I just wanted to play beo point, and that eliza is everything else I could want. Big meaty air moves, fun air dash movement, good/easy combos, can combo into air grab super(big plus, gotta get those) and can combo off of air grabs too. Also, she has a god damn DIO costume. Coolest wrestler and gender bend DIO on one team? 10/10 game.

Gotta play mansta tomorrow, I'm still booty too lol.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I'd love to join too, if my gaming PC and stick weren't in storage over the summer. Just think about it, you guys could be getting free wins by now

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Iwata died on the same day I bought a Ness amiibo.
Christopher Lee died around the time I started Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Dracula died in the opening).
I've been in some sad coincidences lately.
Can you please prevent yourself from touching anything Zelda related ? Please ?

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Can you please prevent yourself from touching anything Zelda related ? Please ?

It originally was because the alternate voice appeals to my **** weaboo taste and I'm a sucker for early cartoons, but now I'm just used to her playstyle.

I got the game for Peacock, and stayed for everything. I also bothered playing League of Legends because Jinx is voiced by Sarah Williams too.

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678

If im ever playing the game im maining her, I only tried the game once and I used her for the cirno alt

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I'm late and I don't care but I'm still sad af after reading the Iwata news.

It tore me to pieces, had a good cry after it sunk in for about an hour. **** like this happening right before I go to EVO is just the worst.

EDIT:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

My face feels wet again, someone send help

Last edited:

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Late for this, don't care. Here is what i have to say about Mr. Iwata's death

"Another legend's time to come to the grave has finally come. Everyone comes and goes in this world. Sadly it was his. But don't cry for the loss. We shouldn't be gloom when the one we love and are inspired to passes on into the unknown, we be looking up for the future for what they laid for the newcomers of the business.

When there is a grey sky above you never act like the colors. Be bright and glowing as the sun beyond those skies."

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Pants mode for fighting games would be legit.

Also Aja is still super fun.

Also, also: I rarely ever play grapplers, but Chadha might be the most fun I've ever had in a fighting game playing a Grappler. And he sounds obnoxious. It's a win-win.

Last edited:

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
dont worry, iwata can borrow a stock from someone at nintendo :troll:

Last edited:
Top Bottom