• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Okay so I was actually doing alright so far and then
Hit me like a truck ;_;
Marth's not there. He said his emotions were stronger than the other character's...then he hid in a corner and weeped.

3d17: Teh 1337 3m0tional w411 iz b3ing br0k3n. Teh feelz are str0nk wi7 dis 0ne.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I can't bring myself to put up a hylianized avatar for that one.
We should let it slide...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I think you'll forgive me this time considering the context.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I always tell my PM friends to practice their tech in melee. The timings and control stick placements are much tighter, so if you can do them consistently in melee you'll do them consistently in PM too and not get as sloppy
I'd love to seem someone practicing Wavebouncing, DACUS, and various other tech found in PM and not in Melee in Melee. Or practice character tech with a character that isn't in Melee in Melee. That would be a sight to see tbh.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
I'd love to seem someone practicing Wavebouncing, DACUS, and various other tech found in PM and not in Melee in Melee. Or practice character tech with a character that isn't in Melee in Melee. That would be a sight to see tbh.
yeah it's a pretty common misconception that deadzones are the only gap between the two games, even though it does make it easier to go from melee -> pm rather than pm -> melee in a dual game situation

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The only thing that makes it hard for me to go from PM to Melee is lack of editable control schemes. But Imma see when I next get some moneyz about getting a modded GCC that makes the A button be read as the L button (so A as shield), the L button as the X button (so L as jump), the Z button as the A button (so Z as attack), the X button as the Z button (so X as grab), and a disabling of tap-jump, if possible. Maybe then I'll be more willing to give it a shot beyond lol Imma play as adorable Pichu and just troll you and goof off.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
my biggest gripe with this whole thing is that my melee friends think Melee's is better because melee. Despite the fact is makes no sense for it to be not evenly distributed. Those comments really get me mad because I do most of my tech practice in PM and it all transfers perfectly to Melee after like 5 min of warming up. I rarely drop DC bairs with falco or nairs with link in melee now, even though its slightly more lenient in PM. Dumb elitists lol.

speaking of melee though

Last edited:

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
my biggest gripe with this whole thing is that my melee friends think Melee's is better because melee. Despite the fact is makes no sense for it to be not evenly distributed. Those comments really get me mad because I do most of my tech practice in PM and it all transfers perfectly to Melee after like 5 min of warming up. I rarely drop DC bairs with falco or nairs with link in melee now, even though its slightly more lenient in PM. Dumb elitists lol.

speaking of melee though

Oh god. That is some cancer over there. I stopped reading after he said "melee players' success who dont practice PM that wreck PM only players"

STOPPED...READING...THERE

SunJester

Smash Ace
Here I am advocating for easier tech in PM in general.

Who cares if PM is the easier game? Chess is an absurdly easy game to pick up and play, but past it's simple rules is an incredibly deep and complex game. There's no reason PM can't have a low skill floor like that, because there's no limit to the ceiling.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Only thing that throws me off on melee when I play PM now is lack of RAR and pivot grabs and b reverse but mainly RAR it irks me soo much now.

Also if ya'll nerd gonna go PMS on Hylian again don't for the time being I can't imagine what ya'll do If I leave the wheel gator avatar for a bit.

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
speaking of deadzones, does anyone else ever have issues with randomly dead c-sticks?

i tried playing with several other controllers last night, and 4/6 controllers randomly had the cstick unresponsive after about 2 minutes of play

I know for a fact it isnt my controllers because theyre 100% responsive in Melee, its PM that keeps ****in em up

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I'm so ready to go to boarding school. I felt really upset about some stuff regarding their divorce, specifically that I'm pretty sure that my mom cheated with my now step dad, who is a control freak alcoholic.

And my sister told on me, and so my mom is upset. I said I really needed to talk about it and you and stepdad discouraged me from talking to my guidance counselor.

She said I have a good life. And I told her that what she did was upsetting and hurt me and that I deserved to talk to somebody about it.

She says that my dad is a bad person too and I ask how it is worse or on par with adultery. It was probably some **** like, he never treated me with respect or something. She basically says that she is a good mom and that my dad is a bad dad and that's why I should just be ok with all this bull****.

But my Dad is and was always good to me and now I'm living with my cheating mom and her asshole husband (who's only value as a person is that he is rich and makes my mom happy, supporting her in having disdain for certain people) in a really nice house that my dad payed off. And now I can't talk to my own Dad about how upset I am with that?

I'm really excited to live with a bunch of other 16 and 17 year olds and just do school work and community service and extra curriculars and exercise and play videogames in my free time.

Because my family is disgusting.

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I'm so ready to go to boarding school. I felt really upset about some stuff regarding their divorce, specifically that I'm pretty sure that my mom cheated with my now step dad, who is a control freak alcoholic.

And my sister told on me, and so my mom is upset. I said I really needed to talk about it and you and stepdad discouraged me from talking to my guidance counselor.

She said I have a good life. And I told her that what she did was upsetting and hurt me and that I deserved to talk to somebody about it.

She says that my dad is a bad person too and I ask how it is worse or on par with adultery. It was probably some **** like, he never treated me with respect or something. She basically says that she is a good mom and that my dad is a bad dad and that's why I should just be ok with all this bull****.

But my Dad is and was always good to me and now I'm living with my cheating mom and her ******* husband (who's only value as a person is that he is rich and makes my mom happy, supporting her in having disdain for certain people) in a really nice house that my dad payed off. And now I can't talk to my own Dad about how upset I am with that?

I'm really excited to live with a bunch of other 16 and 17 year olds and just do school work and community service and extra curriculars and exercise and play videogames in my free time.

That's harsh yo. But yeah, nice to see you at least have an escape for now.

Draco_The

Smash Lord

But my Dad is and was always good to me and now I'm living with my cheating mom and her ******* husband (who's only value as a person is that he is rich and makes my mom happy, supporting her in having disdain for certain people) in a really nice house that my dad payed off. And now I can't talk to my own Dad about how upset I am with that?

Why don't you live with your dad then?

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Why don't you live with your dad then?
Because my sister likes living with her Mom and I thought that I would change things for her if I changed it for me. And just such extreme anxiety about the whole thing. Only recently has it really eaten away at me enough that I just talked to my Dad about it. I also briefly thought that I couldn't let on that I knew about my Mom cheating because one I did and she said that my Dad wasn't allowed to tell me about that (untrue), I already had a good idea before he ever told me though.

I just don't know if it is worth trying to change it and further alienate everyone when I won't even deal with it anymore. Next summer I'm doing a research project for school, so I won't see them there either.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Here I am advocating for easier tech in PM in general.

Who cares if PM is the easier game? Chess is an absurdly easy game to pick up and play, but past it's simple rules is an incredibly deep and complex game. There's no reason PM can't have a low skill floor like that, because there's no limit to the ceiling.
They just want to appear better than everyone else. Ask a Melee player why they don't play other fighters and they'll generally say "because Melee is easy to pick up, but hard to master." but then ask why they don't play PM and they'll say "because I don't want to play a game that's easy to pick up" You can't really win.

Sir Bubbles

Smash Journeyman

Yo, sometimes life can be harsh man. I'm glad you have some form of escape and stuff :(.

If it makes you feel better, I made a little card for you. Hopefully things get better, yo.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Because my sister likes living with her Mom and I thought that I would change things for her if I changed it for me. And just such extreme anxiety about the whole thing. Only recently has it really eaten away at me enough that I just talked to my Dad about it. I also briefly thought that I couldn't let on that I knew about my Mom cheating because one I did and she said that my Dad wasn't allowed to tell me about that (untrue), I already had a good idea before he ever told me though.

I just don't know if it is worth trying to change it and further alienate everyone when I won't even deal with it anymore. Next summer I'm doing a research project for school, so I won't see them there either.
I'm not you and I can't put myself in your position because I never had something like that happen in my life so I can't give you specific solutions or anything, but I can tell you that of course it's worth trying to solve your situation. You just can't escape from trouble and say "problem solved" because you didn't solve anything and sooner or later it will haunt you again. In your case it may be sooner because we're talking about problems with your family.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Lizalfos, you got your father and your mother feuding, talking **** about each other because you dredged up their messy past, which they have extricated themselves from through divorce.

Your parents share the blame for taking the bait but this is pretty much your fault. What looks like your anger at your stepfather is being redirected to your mother. If she wasn't so horrible then your dad would still be around and everything would be great, So you want to punish her with your judgment.

It just isn't any of your business in the first place, and if the situation was reversed I think you would understand why. You're not their friend to dish out harsh truths, they are your parents and you should show at least a small amount of respect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom