• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
I once knew a guy who suffered from Anime. He'd bring a bento box to class every day and scream "Itadakimasu!" before digging in. Over time it got worse, he'd run through the streets with toast in his mouth. He'd sit two rows from the back, next to the window and all he'd do would stare out of it. I don't know what happened to since we graduated...
are you serious
i thought the weeaboo thing was a joke

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Whooooooo.

I'm back from Houston.

Went up there for the weekend for my niece's Bday. Just got back. So glad.

So very noisy up there. So very noisy. And not the good kind. Thought my ears would bleed a couple of times.

Bleck

Smash Master
Genyo Takeda and Shigeru Miyamoto are acting directors for the time being.

He had a huge passion and unbelievable knowledge about games and how to make games. Some of the things he did in his career were amazing.

Helsong

Smash Ace
Iwata is one of the reasons we have Smash in the first place. In addition, he was an incredible programmer, and was the reason they were able to pack a second region in Pokemon Gold/Silver, among other things. He also constantly put the idea of making fun games as Nintendo's direction above basic profits. This guy was one of my influences in my decision to become a programmer, after my family talked about him one day when I was 10 or so. Some research later showed off how good he was.
I'm just hoping whoever ultimately replaces him keeps some of that attitude.

Anyone want to help me down a bottle of Chivas Regal?

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Oh god what. This is came completely out of nowhere and I don't know what to feel.

rip

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Leonard Nimoy, Christopher Lee, countless many others that I can't recall right now, now this...

And to think I thought 2014 was bad in this regard.

Last edited:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Iwata is one of the reasons we have Smash in the first place. In addition, he was an incredible programmer, and was the reason they were able to pack a second region in Pokemon Gold/Silver, among other things. He also constantly put the idea of making fun games as Nintendo's direction above basic profits. This guy was one of my influences in my decision to become a programmer, after my family talked about him one day when I was 10 or so. Some research later showed off how good he was.
I'm just hoping whoever ultimately replaces him keeps some of that attitude.

Anyone want to help me down a bottle of Chivas Regal?
Iwata is also the programmer that saved the Mother 2/EarthBound project from being a complete disaster. The one thing I think he should be remembered the most for.

Most of us didn't see eye to eye on his business decisions, but he died way too soon. He was also really humble too.
Nintendo will never be the same...

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Iwata is also the programmer that saved the Mother 2/EarthBound project from being a complete disaster. The one thing I think he should be remembered the most for.

Most of us didn't see eye to eye on his business decisions, but he died way too soon. He was also really humble too.
Nintendo will never be the same...
Another important detail was he was the man who made it so Melee made it's November Release after Sakurai's hellish 13 month dev period by fixing all the last second bugs and polishing the hell out of it.
I legit almost punched a window in Starbucks after reading this news just now.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Iwata was the genius programmer that made nintendo what it was today
he saved melee from being a buggy mess
he recoded almost all of pokemon gold/silver so that kanto could fit too
he also lead nintendo to creating/marketing the wii, arguably the most game-changing console ever

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Even /r/kappa is up in arms about this. Probably shows just how much influence this guy had.

Don't go to /v/ though, whatever you do.

Vashimus

Smash Master
I come back from a long, exhausting, frustrating 12-hour shift looking to finally relax only to come home to this bull****?

The really sad part: Iwata's last public message was apologizing to all of us who were disappointed by the E3 Direct. He died feeling he let his fans down.

...Pass me the damn bottle @ Helsong Helsong

Last edited:
Top Bottom