• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I won't be even mad if Leffen wins Evo in reality with the way he's been playing I hope he gets top 3 and booty blast everyone. Outside of that I would want a non Fox main to win like PPMD cause Falco/Marth biased.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
The day that Leffen wins EVO is the day that EVIL has overcome GOOD.

On a tangent; has anyone watched the 1st episode of Dragon Ball Super? Are you guys excited? Seems like the first Arc is going to recreate the Battle of the Gods movie which is laaaaaaaaaaaame.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

On a tangent; has anyone watched the 1st episode of Dragon Ball Super? Are you guys excited? Seems like the first Arc is going to recreate the Battle of the Gods movie which is laaaaaaaaaaaame.
I dunno, it may actually have better fight scenes than Battle of Gods, and it seems to feel like something Toriyama would write, so...

I'm holding my breath.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

AuraMaudeGone

Smash Ace

It's filler between the movies so far. It's cool though, we get new Dragonball material.
I thought it was hilarious how they just continued like there wasn't a ~30 year gap or something.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I dunno, it may actually have better fight scenes than Battle of Gods, and it seems to feel like something Toriyama would write, so...

I'm holding my breath.

Smooth Criminal
You know BotG get's a lot of **** for its fight scenes but I praise the movie for doing something that DBZ hasnt done since the beginning.

Feel like Dragonball.

I've grown to dislike DBZ and yearn for the feel of Dragonball for a while now and Battle of the Gods filled my cup a good deal.

It was very light hearted without an intense focus on fighting, and the fighting didnt consist of the high speed power struggles that were the normal in DBZ's endlife / GT's ENTIRE LIFESPAN.

I feel like I'm in the minority when I say I look forward to less fighting and more adventure with DBS.

It's filler between the movies so far. It's cool though, we get new Dragonball material.
I thought it was hilarious how they just continued like there wasn't a ~30 year gap or something.
yo i was giggling at that ****. i'm also waiting for uub to show up.

i also secretly hope that the retcon GT out of existence and just go on like that **** never happened.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You know BotG get's a lot of **** for its fight scenes but I praise the movie for doing something that DBZ hasnt done since the beginning.

Feel like Dragonball.

I've grown to dislike DBZ and yearn for the feel of Dragonball for a while now and Battle of the Gods filled my cup a good deal.

It was very light hearted without an intense focus on fighting, and the fighting didnt consist of the high speed power struggles that were the normal in DBZ's endlife / GT's ENTIRE LIFESPAN.

I feel like I'm in the minority when I say I look forward to less fighting and more adventure with DBS.
You're not in the minority. Everybody and their mother waxes nostalgic about DB and hopes that DBS is a return to that. I want some of that whimsy and feeling to return too, but I also want good fights dammit. Even DB had those. In fact, at least in my opinion, it had some of the best fights in the entire series; only Goku v. Vegeta and Goku v. Perfect Cell stood out to me in Z.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
You're not in the minority. Everybody and their mother waxes nostalgic about DB and hopes that DBS is a return to that. I want some of that whimsy and feeling to return too, but I also want good fights dammit. Even DB had those. In fact, at least in my opinion, it had some of the best fights in the entire series; only Goku v. Vegeta and Goku v. Perfect Cell stood out to me in Z.

Smooth Criminal
Dragonball had AMAZING fights because they werent just teleport fests that rehashes the same 5 frames of fighting animations for several instances with 8 different jump cuts to attacks being blocked/landed before going back to teleport fests, chit chat, or a side story.

I mean DB had that **** but it was used in much less frequency with less reuse and you could actually follow the blows a lot more than anything else. One of the fights of DB that stand out to me was Goku vs Tao. That was a good god damn fight.

The world martial arts tournaments were nothing BUT fights and they were all slick as **** while still being whimsical (Krillin vs Bactirian).

Dragonball also had a constant sense of adventure throughout the whole series but that's not the feeling I get in DBZ anymore outside of early dragonball z. The feeling of adventure stopped for me right after frieza and even then most of the adventure was up until goku actually came. then **** got TOO real and stayed too real for the rest of the damn series.

DBZ had it's great fights. Goku v Vegeta and Perfect Cell v Goku were great, but honestly they still dont hold a candle to all of the DBZ OVAs.

Garlic Jr. Jenenba. Broly. Tree of Might. You name it. (Bio Broly is garbage tho)

The show isn't over yet, but the way things are setup, GT could sneak its way into canon...
please dont utter these nightmarish words in this thread. people actually read this thread to enjoy themselves; not to find despair and mayhem.

AuraMaudeGone

Smash Ace
Nah. I wouldn't worry about it. The further you go in GT, the more that theory commits seppuku. (Vegeta would've had no problems soloing Earth's threats lmfao)

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
And no one brought up the Goku vs Frieza fight :(

Speaking of the movies my favorites was first Bardock Movie, Cooler's Revenge and first Broly movie(2nd was meh and 3rd one shouldn't exist) with a HM to Fusion Reborn.

AuraMaudeGone

Smash Ace
My favorite movie was World's Strongest, where they fight that giant brain. Master Roshi fight scenes ftw. Cooler's Revenge was nice too.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
People just pretend GT isn't canon because they hate it. iirc there has been no word of it not being canon from any official source

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Akira Toriyama-made stuff is cool.
Side note,
Why I'm a fan of mecha in one minute and 50 seconds.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Sakurai's presentation confirmed what many of us already suspected: Brawl has such an ugly color palette because of the Twilight Princess designs, for that reason only.

So Project M, remove Twilight Princess from the game except maybe for Ganondorf and the art style can be consistent with the new brighter models and then add a bit of color to the rest of them.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Brawl doesn't look that bad. For a game that came out during the "Brown is real" era it's one of the more colorful.

I mean, at least it isn't smearing your screen with strawberry jam every time you take a hit, so that's a plus.

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
Central Fiction is the worst subtitle out of all the BlazBlue entries, imo. Why they chose that baffles my mind, but i guess it's in line with the rest of the design decisions they made for BlazBlue.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I need to somehow unmap all of the joystick inputs or make Skullgirls not recognize my controller for me to set my own controls with j2k, otherwise most quarter circle moves and such won't work correctly.
Anyone know how I could go about doing that? Besides the weird joystick detection it's actually a decent controller for me.

Edit: I found that using j2k for just the joystick is actually helping a lot.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
I need to somehow unmap all of the joystick inputs or make Skullgirls not recognize my controller for me to set my own controls with j2k, otherwise most quarter circle moves and such won't work correctly.
Anyone know how I could go about doing that? Besides the weird joystick detection it's actually a decent controller for me.

Edit: I found that using j2k for just the joystick is actually helping a lot.
I told you it'd be weird

the circle of ASW airdasher life.
this is why you should only play french bread games duh

why can't everyone just play uniel and melty blood damn

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I once knew a guy who suffered from Anime. He'd bring a bento box to class every day and scream "Itadakimasu!" before digging in. Over time it got worse, he'd run through the streets with toast in his mouth. He'd sit two rows from the back, next to the window and all he'd do would stare out of it. I don't know what happened to since we graduated...

Top Bottom