• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Couple questions concerning some differences between Falco in Melee and PM.

I don't really have a problem with his down air being slightly nerfed, or his lasers doing less damage, or his jab/dash having different animations.

What I do have a problem with is the fact that at very early percents, if I get a shine and they miss a tech and I go for a dair or nair, they do the slow get up as if they've been jabbed or laser reseted. Why does this happen?

Also sometimes I'll do a FH Shine near a platform trying to get the top of shine to hit through the platform, and somehow I'll land right on the platform "grounded". Its like I teleport straight to the platform.

Also sometimes on Smashville I'll do an FH dair and the platform is nearby and I'll end up platform cancelling. This is something I remember from Brawl. How come this was never patched out?

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Bought Skullgrills now I'm going to see how **** (or not) I'll be with a GCN controller.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
cant stop bumpin
uhhh wrong quote but get nge subbed the dub sucks
Bought Skullgrills now I'm going to see how **** (or not) I'll be with a GCN controller.
rofl I tried that when I first got it, the analog stick doesn't work right you can't do downback, it only reads one input at once and the dpad sucks to use

EDIT: I watched marvel and rode my scooter instead of watching PM and from what twitter is saying it seems like that was a good choice

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
If the game doesn't register the controller right I can always just use joy2key or something for it.

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
If anyone wants to play some Xrd and beat up on a beginner please message me! I'm trying to learn it and after the tournament today I'm thirsty to play more.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Sometimes **** shows can be really enjoyable when you remove all rational thought from your mind.
Haven't watched Toaru, is it one of those types of shows? Or are you just saying that.

Last edited:

steelguttey

mei is bei
finally playing dust an elysian tale and.. god this art style pisses me off so bad i cant even play the game

its so smooth and thats nice and all but it looks like what you get when you read a ****ing manga tutorial book i cant deal with it

also that orange little pixie ***** with a ****ing figure for some reason is way too ****ing annoying argh

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I picked up a Ness Amiibo. I'd paint it to be the Yes Man Jr. shirt Ness from P:M if I had miniature model painting experience.
Also the Invader ZiM comic is very well-illustrated.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
finally playing dust an elysian tale and.. god this art style pisses me off so bad i cant even play the game

its so smooth and thats nice and all but it looks like what you get when you read a ****ing manga tutorial book i cant deal with it

also that orange little pixie ***** with a ****ing figure for some reason is way too ****ing annoying argh
A waste.

Hand the game over.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
There's some old French stories from the 11th century whose titles sound like they could be modern hentai.

"The Knight Who Made C***s and ***holes Speak"

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Dust an Elysion tale has such a love-hate art style. I can understand your issues with it. It personally doesnt bother me but the story and gameplay are great so its art style is forgivable.

That being said, has anyone played 20XX on Steam?

It's a rougelike co-op megaman game with netplay and procedurally generated maps.

****s hella fun and I want to play it with someone.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I mean every major for the past year has been won by Fox or PPMD, so idk if 4 is even accurate.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
@ victinivcreate1 victinivcreate1 Them getting jab reset is due to low knockback from moves not getting them off ground and stuff. Rest is due to the way Smash deals with landing/collision box thingies. There was an article in the news section a couple weeks ago.
In Melee you can't force a jab reset with Falco's strong nair or dair, or even his weak nairs and dairs.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Jab reset mechanics is based on KB in PM instead of damage (how it was in Melee), which is where the discrepancy comes from. It's also why the weird Falco shine "jab reset" glitch doesn't occur in PM while it does in Melee; when Shine stales to under 6.00 damage it starts to jab reset causing high KB without hitstun.

Top Bottom