• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The trailer is simple: Superman is still Space Jesus, too good for us ungrateful humans. A few hundred thousand people had to die in Man of Steel to show us what a hero he is.

Then Batman and Lex Luthor and I guess Wonder Woman join forces to stop the ultimate patriarchal asshole from teaching us bad humans a lesson by destroying everything in his sight like in that trailer.

That could be the new Justice League movie: Superman dies and brings every metahuman on Earth together to fight alien threats. The comics have been so violated at this point I could get behind that movie.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
It's my Smashboards anniversary!

I've been here for one year, 869 messages, and 3,628 likes (as of this being posted or course).

That's a lot of things, huh? And it's all pretty much been here.

You guys are great.

:cheep:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
yo weebs

nge subbed or dubbed
None cause anime is dumb yo.

The trailer is simple: Superman is still Space Jesus, too good for us ungrateful humans. A few hundred thousand people had to die in Man of Steel to show us what a hero he is.

Then Batman and Lex Luthor and I guess Wonder Woman join forces to stop the ultimate patriarchal ******* from teaching us bad humans a lesson by destroying everything in his sight like in that trailer.

That could be the new Justice League movie: Superman dies and brings every metahuman on Earth together to fight alien threats. The comics have been so violated at this point I could get behind that movie.
Praise be upon our lord and savior, Kal-El of Krypton.

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
So I have a legit concern:

Players are leaving this game and playing either Smash 4, or spending more time on Melee. Why is that, and how can they be brought back? I feel like the PM scene is dying.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
newest pixar movie, literally emotions (as in the concept of emotions within a brain) given diverse emotions

like, the first time someone mentioned the movie to me I thought they were lying and it was someone making fun of pixar (and their general theme of "x given emotions", cars toys etc), and then I saw a poster for it
The plot of Inside Out.gif:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
So I have a legit concern:

Players are leaving this game and playing either Smash 4, or spending more time on Melee. Why is that, and how can they be brought back? I feel like the PM scene is dying.
What makes you say that? The game has as much competitive merit as all of the other smash games and stream viewership seems to be steadilyg, so is the broadest sense it seems to be doing fine if not slowly growing. Can't speak for your specific scene though. My scene seems to be pretty indifferent towards PM.

Last edited:

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
Went to a tournament today! Entered GG Xrd and PM. After a year of competitive tekken and some other assorted game I finally won my first match in any game! I used samus and it was pretty convincing too. I'm pretty pleased. I also went 0-2 in Xrd but let's not talk about that

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Listening to Eurobeat while browsing /a/ on windows vista. I'm truly in the late 2000's simulator.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Listening to Eurobeat while browsing /a/ on windows vista. I'm truly in the late 2000's simulator.
I APPROVE

edit: this is the single greatest tweet of all time (meaning the best one I've seen in the past week)

Last edited:

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
hey a new laptop
the wii u adaptor is lagless right so i can just put a PM setup on dolphin
to like spare costs and stuff
or should i just go out and buy a CRT, SD card and get setup with a wii one

zman804

Smash Ace
Sometimes I really really don't get TO's. Like, PM has a separate stream at WTF so there's no reason why they couldn't start the bracket earlier so that the event runs smoother AND more losers matches get on stream. There's only 2 overlapping players in PM and Melee so they could just play the other matches to get them out of the way. I understand most people wanted to watch Melee top 8 but jeez they just had 30 minutes of interviews? Idkman

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I feel like the PM scene is dying.
I don't think it's dying but I think the duo of Melee/Sm4sh has affected the visibility of it. Also since PM is now going the route of grassroots (i.e not in the public view due to Nintendo/major tournaments not hosting), it may be viewed like it's dying. And I think it's a good thing it's going grassroots. You can avoid the whole drama/politicking that comes with appeasing TO/sponsors.

mango has mad johns rn
Good. Everything Mango is upset, I gain like 10 years of life.

Vashimus

Smash Master
No, I just can't relate to most other sad things that happen in movies because I've never experienced it, so the effect is lost. I can't get sad about someone's mother dying in a movie when my mother's still alive, for instance.

Inside Out just reminded me of the craziness of emotions I had when I was younger, especially during adolescence, and how suppressing them really just ended up causing more pain than helping. Every single screw up I've ever made just rushed into my head at once, and I just lost it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom