• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
I was sooo excited after hbox took a game off of leffen I thought that he had finally figured out how to mindgame everyone

but leffen is too good
to be fair he pulled out u-tilt combos which it's been a damn good while since i've seen anyone do u-tilt combos on hbox's puff

then again i don't watch very many hbox sets anymore

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
to be fair he pulled out u-tilt combos which it's been a damn good while since i've seen anyone do u-tilt combos on hbox's puff

then again i don't watch very many hbox sets anymore
hbox got rest out of shield, he was feeling it moreso than he normally does

I believed in hbox but what's a puff to do in a fox's world

edit: new avatar hype lmao

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
MvC2 doesn't have She Hulk, Thor, and Vergil.
MvC3/UMVC3 does.

MVC3/UMVC3 > MVC2

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
HBox moving away from Smash after Smashcon, apparently. Kind of sad, but..career comes first.
Although this means no more Puff in Top8 of nationals for a long, long time, which is a damn shame. I'm seriously rooting for him to get high placings at Evo. He did well against Armada here, and so it looks like his biggest roadblocks will be Mango and Leffen.
Also: wow, Leffen. I think he's gonna take Evo, but we'll just have to see. Mango might just go all in for the threepeat, so who knows? But then, Mango has to hope he doesn't meet Armada in bracket-unless he gets really good at the Fox ditto really fast. If not, then he loses Fox ditto, wins with Falco, but then Armada's Peach bodies his Falco, and even his Fox, as seen from INY and CEO. But Armada loses to Leffen consistently now(4 stocked for the first time ever in recorded tourney?), and Leffen is capable of beating Mango.
And then you've got PPMD who could just come in and murder everyone, so....
It's really interesting how the top level of Melee has all these different checks and balances between the top 4.

I think I'm starting to root for Leffen though. He really needs better hair to become a true champion.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
leffen already has the hair of a true champion he's gary oak for god's sake no matter how many times you beat him he's still the champ

In my heart I want hbox to win. I always have.
out of the reasonable options I want leffen to win
I want mango to lose to amsa
and I want plup to get top 4

Helsong

Smash Ace
I actually like watching high-level jiggs, so value would be lost to me. I liked the way she was sorta anti-meta(except for Fox).

Leffen's hair is kinda meh, imo. Needs more flair, more pizzaz. He's not anime enough.
Oh, I somehow forgot about aMSa! Yeah, I really wanted him to beat mango at Apex, but it didn't happen.
I think out of all the reasonable options for Evo...I want PPMD to take it. His Marth play is super fun to watch, even if his punish game isn't as good as M2K's. I'm really looking forward to PPU's growth-I feel like his Marth has a stupendous amount of potential.

I mean, with PPMD kinda absent and M2K dialing things back a bit, PPU's the only top level Marth I get to see regularly. People need to play more Marth. I need the swordguy in my life.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I used to be a zip boy but then I interacted with Leffen at sandstorm and he's just a little **** lol. Bad mouthing how things were being ran on twitter instead of walking 10 feet to the TO desk and telling us. He's a little kid.

PP got me into following smash competitively again so he's always up there on my list of people I want to do well. I'm mango nation forever though, the only person I put above mango is axe. I think evo will be big because while Leffen is amazing at the fox ditto and peach/Puff MUs, he struggles with most other ones and wins in long sets over shorter ones. Evo is 2/3 till finals, he's not going to have the opportunity to lose two games to fly/PPU (like at apex) or PP's marth and adapt and bring the set back. Also has to worry about plup. Short sets also means he can't get his free wins on stadium, which is huge in how fox can edge the cp game in his favor in 3/5 at top levels.

MANGO NATION BABY

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
get bodied.

Also I'm so sorry @ PMS | Tink-er PMS | Tink-er I didn't expect that dumb ****-post to stay on the front page this long my B
I didn't even notice. I've spent the last couple days playing PM non-stop at a friend's house. I probably have 6+ hours of practice in the ICs/Olimar MU
hearing people on twitter complaining that "hungrybox is camping again"

go look at stream, armada is literally spamming standing lasers next to the ledge on pokestadium while hungrybox tries to wait it out

fox players
I can't stand melee's top level metagame anymore. So sick of marth and spacies.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Mech you have way too many dank frogs and I'm gonna have to ask you to stop.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Had a crazy weekend at Montreal Comiccon. We ran a Melee and Smash 4 tournaments at it so I was busy with that most of the time, but I did get some time to wander around. The exhibition hall was huuuuuuuge there was so much stuff it was insane. Probably looked at more nerd merchandise over the past three days than I've seen in my entire life lol.

Tourney and stream went pretty well. 53 entrants for Melee and a whooping 136 for Smash 4. On the stream side of things setup + running it probably could've gone smoother but I'm still pretty new to streaming, especially at larger events, so that's to be expected. I think things went pretty well considering. Smash 4 ran a little late though, went to midnight, but because of that we got a ton of viewers towards the end cause the FC and EXP streams ended for the day and I suppose people still wanted to watch some Smash. We broke 300 viewers during Grand Finals, I couldn't believe it. Been kinda on a high over that since, hopefully this marks the start of some serious growth for us.

Oh also, wouldn't be a proper convention without getting some sweet loot.

Edit: Oh yeah, here's the playlists if anyone wants to watch, there was some hype stuff
Melee
Smash 4

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I keep on trying to watch gameplay of Fates (just gameplay, so I skip over everything else and don't listen to commentary, either by turning volume off or finding one with no commentary) but every single time I find something I end up cringing at the player playing it and want to shout at them to use their brain power better because I can think of like 5 different plays that would have been better then what they did. It makes it hard for me to grasp what the gameplay is really like and if it is what I'm looking for.

Damn am I picky about how people Fire Emblem lol.

steelguttey

mei is bei
ended my relationship of 2 years today

im both happy and sad about it but im mostly proud of myself for growing the balls and doing it because the relationship was destructive for both sides tbh

#singleguttey

Bazkip

Smash Master

im both happy and sad about it but im mostly proud of myself for growing the balls and doing it because the relationship was destructive for both sides tbh

#singleguttey
You've simply made room in your life for more waifus.

Bleck

Smash Master

Good on you, dude. Knowing what's good for yourself is important.

steelguttey

mei is bei
smh you guys like a post about waifus but when i pour my heart out to you guys you ignore it

tsundere ass mo****as ill tell you what

steelguttey

mei is bei
you can only get a new controller if u go premium and write under ur avatar "breaks controllers"

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
48795539_p0.jpg
I-it's not like I needed normal blood sugar levels, or anything like that.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I-it's not like I needed normal blood sugar levels, or anything like that.
ああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああ!!!!!!!かわいい!!!!!!!!

Okay now I have that out of my system, thank you mech bb gorl.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Had a crazy weekend at Montreal Comiccon. We ran a Melee and Smash 4 tournaments at it so I was busy with that most of the time, but I did get some time to wander around. The exhibition hall was huuuuuuuge there was so much stuff it was insane. Probably looked at more nerd merchandise over the past three days than I've seen in my entire life lol.

Tourney and stream went pretty well. 53 entrants for Melee and a whooping 136 for Smash 4. On the stream side of things setup + running it probably could've gone smoother but I'm still pretty new to streaming, especially at larger events, so that's to be expected. I think things went pretty well considering. Smash 4 ran a little late though, went to midnight, but because of that we got a ton of viewers towards the end cause the FC and EXP streams ended for the day and I suppose people still wanted to watch some Smash. We broke 300 viewers during Grand Finals, I couldn't believe it. Been kinda on a high over that since, hopefully this marks the start of some serious growth for us.

Oh also, wouldn't be a proper convention without getting some sweet loot.

Edit: Oh yeah, here's the playlists if anyone wants to watch, there was some hype stuff
Melee
Smash 4
Eww. Those two top posters are lame and burn my pupils.

smh you guys like a post about waifus but when i pour my heart out to you guys you ignore it

tsundere *** mo****as ill tell you what
We need to find all their waifus...

And then stuff them down the toilet.

Only then can this place be pure.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Same actually.

And yesterday I spent the whole day playing Yomi, watching people play Magic and Melee (FC/EMG) and I had breakfast food for Brunch (French toast, fruit, potatoes, breakfast meat) and Dinner (Waffles + breakfast meat).

I A M A N A D U L T

Top Bottom