• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

ociplaC

Smash Cadet
@ Jaedrik Jaedrik I think it's more the Melee community with the incredibly toxic "no johns period" attitude. Excuses for losing are generally bad form and don't improve you as a player, which is fair, but they overdo it I think. Right now I'm just disappointed in my own play, and basically justifying it to myself heh.

Also, my new webcam and microphone just arrived! I can maybe stream actual quality! Lifecam Cinema HD and Blue Snowball iCE, if anyone's curious.
Funny enough, our Melee community is all "No Johns" too...but the instant a high-profile player loses a single set in PM they rush to the FB group with the lamest johns about the game/characters and have their suck-up "friends" irrationally defend them.

The hate on PM and the players got so bad that our group was forced to split from one State-wide Smash FB group into Melee, PM, and Smash 4 groups.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay :ohwell:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
People were telling me you showed up in the twitch chat, and I was like

"noooo now sethlong will always think I'm bad :("
i too have dreams about sethlong
° ͜ʖ ͡ -
I'm biased for Kirie-chan because I like those kinds of characters, but I admit she does have the least going for her overall

Edit: Also I'm excited for what seems to be a major plot starting out
that ****s lookin cray, the new girl is pr cute. But my heart belongs to tachibana

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
it was a comment wherein someone mentioned that wins and losses carry over to round robin... but only if you won or lost to another player in round robin. this means that, of the two coming from losers' side, wizz has to hold that L, while macd (who's currently complaining about "top player privilege" on twitter) has a clean slate to work with

I am presuming either a) it was wrong info or b) mods are getting grumpy, but either way macd is still a buster
Top six round Robin is MeleeFC tradition and they should stick to it. Sets carrying over into round Robins is how they've done it for over a decade lol.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Not quite that polarizing, but boy is the hate on PM real within my region's FB group.

Smooth Criminal
I never did understand that really. I'm not saying you should like PM if you like Melee, but the way some people act as though any Smash that's not Melee, period, is trash, is just stupid and immature.

Everyone acts as though PM was always loved, but before Smash 4 came out I remember everyone was ripping on PM.

Whatever, more Smash for me!

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Top six round Robin is MeleeFC tradition and they should stick to it. Sets carrying over into round Robins is how they've done it for over a decade lol.
it was terrible back then, too. the complaints have always been there, but now that streaming makes or breaks your major there is zero excuse, tradition fallacy be damned

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Man apparently AZPM hosted the Saskatoon tournament I was at last night where I played embarrassingly badly

@Sethlon and whoever else was there: I'm better than that, I swear! I'd just had about 4 hours of sleep of the previous 48, and spent about another 10 driving; plus holy god the Ike matchup makes me salty now. It went from bad to way worse in ways I failed horribly to predict.
Sethlon wasn't there lol, you are going crazy; he was in Louisiana losing to me

EDIT: shiiiit my bad sethlon already ninja'd me

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Man I spend my 4th doing small errands and went to a Mongolian restaurant called Hu Hot with my local smash 4 scene and got games afterwards.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
it was terrible back then, too. the complaints have always been there, but now that streaming makes or breaks your major there is zero excuse, tradition fallacy be damned
it's a lot better for the viewers than the players which is the whole reason i'm starting to hate streaming

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Any word if the TL taunt cancelled F-Smash is intended or a bug?
If it's intended, can we have more of them? haha

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Not quite that polarizing, but boy is the hate on PM real within my region's FB group.

Smooth Criminal
Replace PM with smash 4 and that's my smash scene main FB group in a nutshell when it brought up. PM is actually loved in my area. Speaking of which I pretty much became a mod in my local FB group for smash 4 lol man I need to play some PM been itching for it for a while with other people.

I never did understand that really. I'm not saying you should like PM if you like Melee, but the way some people act as though any Smash that's not Melee, period, is trash, is just stupid and immature.

Everyone acts as though PM was always loved, but before Smash 4 came out I remember everyone was ripping on PM.

Whatever, more Smash for me!
Welcome to the smash community lol. Sometimes i think the dumb smash stuff is worse than traditional FG's saying x game is better than y and Z stuff sometimes.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Welcome to the smash community lol. Sometimes i think the dumb smash stuff is worse than traditional FG's saying x game is better than y and Z stuff sometimes.
I much rather the traditional FG arguments than the Smash ones. In my experience, they've been able to at least explain why they prefer X game over Y.
With Smash, it's always 12,000 different buzzwords for deep followed by how Fox can Shingle-Dingle off da Wombat into a Zoop-de-Loop. And I'm like, "Bruh, I just wanna play the game."

Edit: And throw something in there about how wavedashing is great and it's not in any other fighter *cough*Tekken*cough*

Last edited:

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
I much rather the traditional FG arguments than the Smash ones. In my experience, they've been able to at least explain why they prefer X game over Y.
With Smash, it's always 12,000 different buzzwords for deep followed by how Fox can Shingle-Dingle off da Wombat into a Zoop-de-Loop. And I'm like, "Bruh, I just wanna play the game."
feels like the only game i've never been able to do that with is marvel

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
Here's one! Zero May Cry. That's enough reason to prefer it in my opinion.
i mean i actually like a lot of umvc3's metagame, zero may cry aside

but there's something about mvc2 that i just can't put my finger on

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
i mean i actually like a lot of umvc3's metagame, zero may cry aside

but there's something about mvc2 that i just can't put my finger on
Well here's a reason for MvC2:
I'm gonna admit, possibly my favorite Character select song.

Last edited:

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
Well here's a reason for MvC2:
I'm gonna admit, possibly my favorite Character select song.
yeah that's a classic at this point

between mvc2 and umvc3 it's something like this for me.

mvc2: roster, music
umvc3: metagame, some characters are fun as hell

Helsong

Smash Ace
Weekend reunion was eventful. Murdered some little children(and some not-so-little children, and some not-children) in Sm4sh. My second nieces/nephews(I think that's what your cousins' children are called?) are the most adorable and frightening little creatures. Their parents are still annoying to deal with, especially since they're now at the point where they can't talk about anything but how amazing it is to have a family while throwing looks at me.
And drank with my grandma. As frustrating as she can be sometime, I actually do love spending time with her. She confided in me that she's writing up her will soon, so...there's that :/. Dunno how much of a play I'll make to get any portion of her estate, but it's something to think about, I guess. She's really feeling her age, and is starting to act a lot less spry than she used to be. It was a sobering 4th of July evening.
Oh yeah, met a guy I might get married to. It was...interesting. Woke up this morning, ate breakfast, and was promptly informed I was meeting someone by my grandma. He's quite hot, well-off, intelligent, and....a bit of an arrogant ass. Woooo. He's not so bad though, just sorely in need of an ass-kicking. We had lunch together, had some shared interests. He's a bit of a nerd, so I miiight have to invoke the "I don't date nerds" rule should things progress at all.

Oh! I actually played PM against some folks in LAX, which was hilarious. Three guys just had a setup going, and I jumped in. I got my ass kicked by all three(****ing SoCal, even your randoms are nuts, haha), but actually improved a bit. I don't remember who they are now. But, on the off chance one of you is reading this, thanks! You ended my weekend on a good note. It was cool to see PM players out in the wild, so to speak.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

Edit: And throw something in there about how wavedashing is great and it's not in any other fighter *cough*Tekken*cough*
Sounds about right lol. On Wavedashing though well it's character specific usually to the Mishima's, Bob's and Armor King but yeah. Calibur also has it but also character specific as well to the Greeks and Setsuka/Alpha Patorkolos. IDK if VF or DOA has it so I can't comment on it. Vs series is where it came from though and melee got the term from Marvel 2 so yeah.

yeah that's a classic at this point

between mvc2 and umvc3 it's something like this for me.

mvc2: roster, music
umvc3: metagame, some characters are fun as hell
Outside of the music Marvel 2 has Cable, Cyclops and CapCom so yeah.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I just want to play a fighting game as Bass, I know he's Mega Man's edgelord character but he seems like he would work very well in a MvC type game.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
got something halfway decent for my work this weekend. need to do a few more finishing touches on this one, cut out the (slightly altered) pattern pieces for the next, do dye work, buy more buttons to attach to them and figure out how to set it on my harness...

which seems like a lot of work, but isn't terrible, now that i know the prototype is passable.

Attachments

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ I WANNA TAKE U 4 A RIDE ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

AuraMaudeGone

Smash Ace
what happened homie
You already know bro.

On the topic of MvC2, I tried getting into it once. I asked my friend to show me to ropes and we're having a good time until our other friend came by. "Oh, you guys are finally playing Marvel!". He picks up the controller and roflstomps the both of us. Haven't played since, Lmfao.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Anyone else watching women's world cup? It's great. Watching it while playing smash/ultra with a homie.

High level soccer + Strong pretty America girls+ cute Japanese players +fighting games. AND home made iced tea/pan fried breaded chicken breast. Perfect Sunday afternoon.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
So I beat Mega Man & Bass as Mega Man and.... the last 3 levels SCREAM designed for Bass.
I know there are tiny adjustments and basically infinite 1 ups in King Fortress 1 + 2, but that doesn't excuse the level design and the King Plane boss being very unfair for Mega Man. I daresay King Fortress 2 as Mega Man is the hardest thing in Classic Mega Man ever.

The levels were harder than any of the final Bosses.

For those that don't play Mega Man, imagine playing as Zelda 2 Link in Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels. That sums up my experience with MM&B as MM.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Why does my country have to ruin everything with it's refusal to stay the hell out of other people's business?
/rhetorical

Helsong

Smash Ace
'Merika.
We have the cuter ladies, and the ones that are better at soccer.
Although my knowledge of soccer is basically: Kick ball into opposing goal more than the other team.

Why does my country have to ruin everything with it's refusal to stay the hell out of other people's business?
/rhetorical
We're a nation of engineers. We solve problems. We're also pretty bad at our job sometimes.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
hearing people on twitter complaining that "hungrybox is camping again"

go look at stream, armada is literally spamming standing lasers next to the ledge on pokestadium while hungrybox tries to wait it out

fox players

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Hbox had like, 4 stocks where he lived longer than 90%? most stocks were taken by upsmashes/upairs killing at like 50%. Hbox was the one playing the lame character though.

Leffen's recoveries were trash as well until game 4, but the effort puff has to put into that MU in comparison is ****ing ridiculous.

Last edited:
Top Bottom