• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I spent the 4th of July playing smash and listening to bad players stroke their ego and me getting mad at my entire regions inability to understand taking center stage or grabbing ledge

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
I spent it like a good American watching fireworks
waving around plastic swords
while American woman was playing on the loudspeakers In the park I was in
Freedom!!?!

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I spent literally all day on my computer. Never even saw a firework or went outside.

D

Deleted member

I went to sleep early

4th of July is boring and no one wanted to spend it with me sooo

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I spent it in a desert, like what im doing right now, watching cartoons with a headache.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
In a span of two days, I went from:

Having a great set of cans,
Trying to bent the jack back to being straight,
Having part of said jack broken in phone,
Super-gluing it back together,
Having only one side of the headphones working,
Wiggling the jack in my laptop to try to get both sides working and straighten it,
Having said glued jack rebreak, this time in my laptop,
Multiple superglue extraction attempted,
Currently all have been unsuccessful.

I wonder how much more worse I can make it...

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
go to the dollar store and get a pair of earbuds
But now I can't use headphones/earbuds on my laptop because that end piece is stuck there. And I think it worse because of the multiple superglue attempts have made a layer surrounding it.

D

Deleted member

But now I can't use headphones/earbuds on my laptop because that end piece is stuck there. And I think it worse because of the multiple superglue attempts have made a layer surrounding it.
oh

geez, rip audio jack in that case

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I spent literally all day on my computer. Never even saw a firework or went outside.
With the singular exception of going to the Ben&Jerry's right next door to get a milkshake, I (mostly) did the exact same thing.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Is characters falling behind Ganondorf on both ground and air side B something intentional?

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Ive been reading stuff on the ganon boards about it, check it out there.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Is characters falling behind Ganondorf on both ground and air side B something intentional?
Ive been reading stuff on the ganon boards about it, check it out there.
You can di behind ganon yes
it's not necessarily di behind. when i was testing the new afc frame datas i would sometimes get characters popping up straight behind ganon, even if i was di-ing in front of him, so they would pop up behind him and then di into his body. it looks like you can set up breverse kb angles by breversing your afc (maybe gfc, too, in this case?), but i've been busy with other projects and haven't tested.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Man apparently AZPM hosted the Saskatoon tournament I was at last night where I played embarrassingly badly

@ Sethlon Sethlon and whoever else was there: I'm better than that, I swear! I'd just had about 4 hours of sleep of the previous 48, and spent about another 10 driving; plus holy god the Ike matchup makes me salty now. It went from bad to way worse in ways I failed horribly to predict.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Man apparently AZPM hosted the Saskatoon tournament I was at last night where I played embarrassingly badly

@ Sethlon Sethlon and whoever else was there: I'm better than that, I swear! I'd just had about 4 hours of sleep of the previous 48, and spent about another 10 driving; plus holy god the Ike matchup makes me salty now. It went from bad to way worse in ways I failed horribly to predict.
Gentlemen, I am confused.
These are entirely legitimate reasons for underperforming.
A John is defined as an excuse, that is, an illegitimate reason for underperforming, or the opponent overperforming, is this correct?
Then, of course, there's the third class of response which admits no such under/over, but that it is proper the other person played / is better.
Would I be correct in these distinctions?
Edit: I'm asking y'all to validate me so I'd spread these distinction in Twitch chats.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
five of the six players left in top 6 at melee-fc want to ditch the round robin ruleset, and I'm pretty sure the one person who doesn't want it gone directly benefits from it

man, there's just been a lot of messy tournaments in recent months hasn't there

e: this also means that two thirds of top 6 won't actually be streamed, which, when added with the fact that roughly half of VGBC's stream have been a series of apathetic commentators talking over friendlies, means that I'm pretty sure people are gonna view this as around MVG sandstorm level

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
>deleted

I don't get it
Don't really follow tourneys so idk much about round robins
it was a comment wherein someone mentioned that wins and losses carry over to round robin... but only if you won or lost to another player in round robin. this means that, of the two coming from losers' side, wizz has to hold that L, while macd (who's currently complaining about "top player privilege" on twitter) has a clean slate to work with

I am presuming either a) it was wrong info or b) mods are getting grumpy, but either way macd is still a buster

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
holy **** you read Umarchan too? tachibana is the bae
I really like her too, especially with those eyes, but being the sucker I am for... certain traits, I find myself liking Ebina just a little more

Outside Umaru is pretty good too imo

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
kirie chan was the only one i thought was a lame-o, ebina is pretty nice too

tachibana makes my heart bounce (´・ω・`)

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
I'm biased for Kirie-chan because I like those kinds of characters, but I admit she does have the least going for her overall

Edit: Also I'm excited for what seems to be a major plot starting out

Last edited:

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
so i figured out why i haven't played pm for about a week

i didn't take my setup out of the trunk of my car

and now that i've finally taken it out, i apparently left my wiimote at the last place i fested at

rip me

Draco_The

Smash Lord
so i figured out why i haven't played pm for about a week

i didn't take my setup out of the trunk of my car

and now that i've finally taken it out, i apparently left my wiimote at the last place i fested at

rip me
Do you use a wiimote to play?

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
>using wiimote in 2015
this is probably why i need to bother sitting down with a jump drive and open up my wii so i can go through menus with just my controller but i've been too lazy

guess i have something to do this week

Frost | Odds

@ Jaedrik Jaedrik I think it's more the Melee community with the incredibly toxic "no johns period" attitude. Excuses for losing are generally bad form and don't improve you as a player, which is fair, but they overdo it I think. Right now I'm just disappointed in my own play, and basically justifying it to myself heh.

Also, my new webcam and microphone just arrived! I can maybe stream actual quality! Lifecam Cinema HD and Blue Snowball iCE, if anyone's curious.

Last edited:

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer

@ Sethlon Sethlon and whoever else was there:...
I dunno why you tagged me in this lol, I was off losing to Drinking Food in Louisiana yesterday.

Thats always rough, though. Not much you can do but brush it off and try not to have those circumstances happen again.

Last edited:

zman804

Smash Ace

get bodied.

Also I'm so sorry @PMS | Tink-er I didn't expect that dumb ****-post to stay on the front page this long my B

Frost | Odds

I dunno why you tagged me in this lol, I was off losing to Drinking Food in Louisiana yesterday.

Thats always rough, though. Not much you can do but brush it off and try not to have those circumstances happen again.
People were telling me you showed up in the twitch chat, and I was like

"noooo now sethlong will always think I'm bad :("

Top Bottom