• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Blah blah blah

I can't hear you over my inflatable 12 pack

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
http://www.twitch.tv/v3ctorman/b/487255061

if anyone knows how I can get this to my cpu,(like to an editing program) or just if anyone can get any of the combos for me.. i'd greatly appreciate it... May be one of my last times playing P.M. and I kinda wanted to do something for it... I'll pay you or something.. ><;

anyway shoutouts to everyone, and GG on pm.. :) (and hopfully someone can help too) ^^

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
A lot of Aang's character development was definitely crammed into what was basically a series of epiphanies. Almost like he had to hit a critical mass of understanding, knowledge, awareness, and conditioning, before he could even process that **** was going down and he had to actually 'do' something, at all. haha
Think of the episode The Western Air Temple for example. That episode has dramatic changes happening in both the plot and characters, but without essentially a giant flow (a whole season and then some sections lingering after) of Zuko NOT changing, it wouldn't have nearly the impact, both to the characters, as well as the way it was presented to the viewers.
Often, it's forgotten that one of the best ways of either sharing or learning is through a story, and that way, with something that has more substance than it does fluff in terms of value/content/whatever, will naturally need those pre-requisites and set-up before even the BUILD to the climax, let alone the climax and breaking-point of a character/plot in itself.

They done good.

The Nausicaa Manga was written by Hayao Miyazaki
In both stories there's a bit of an 'apostle/savior' type of theme, which I suppose puts them on a pedestal like a 'Super Hero' (Batman/Superman/whatever) would be, but just as the earlier talk was going, it has NOTHING to do with their 'powers' in a non-human form that really makes them who they are. (think how Aang and Korra have the same 'powers' and how different they are)
It's WHO they are as people, HOW they stand for what they stand for (not just WHAT they stand for, but how they go about it), as far as the actual CONCEPT of a Hero, both by definition AND subjective perception of any individual, if you peel back the layers of it, those 2 characters, as far as what I've ever seen/heard/read in the form of a Story with a purpose beyond simple entertainment, they fit the role more than any other.
I'd love to find more that represent a Hero, human or not even, but to date, nothing else yet from Mahvel to Vijo games.
If anyone knows of 'Stories' and characters like that, let me know. I'd love you more than others and call you special-pants. :)

Edit: Kadano actually referenced me to the Nausicaa Manga after joining these forums and seeing my name. I just liked the movie, but the Manga is the actual story, the story worth experiencing.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
http://www.twitch.tv/v3ctorman/b/487255061

if anyone knows how I can get this to my cpu,(like to an editing program) or just if anyone can get any of the combos for me.. i'd greatly appreciate it... May be one of my last times playing P.M. and I kinda wanted to do something for it... I'll pay you or something.. ><;

anyway shoutouts to everyone, and GG on pm.. :) (and hopfully someone can help too) ^^
best option would be to export to youtube as a private video, then download the video via chrome/firefox/w.e addon. IIRC, directly exporting video from twitch results in videos as FLV files, and afaik, no editing program (like vegas) takes FLV

Vashimus

Smash Master
I didn't read the posts prior to this page (except to double check who Canon was talking about), but I didn't say that they're cliche. They're dumb because they're lazy, boring, and uninspired designs.

"Here is my super hero his name is Super Man and his super power is that he can do EVERYTHING and also he's invincible and he can fly and he has no weaknesses"
"That's stupid as ****, at least give him a weakness."
"Fine, he is weak to this rare element that I just made up and it's not found on this planet"
This is the main reason why Spiderman is such a fan-favorite. Normal everyday teenager who was given extraordinary powers, but is not invincible. He still deals with the normal struggles of adolescence in addition to those of being a crime-fighter. He had no mentor or "Batman" figure to look up to, just those famous words the late Uncle Ben told him, "With great power, comes great responsibility." Relatable, but unique.

If you think about it, a lot of characters in DC are more or less "I'm from this planet and I have this superpower."

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
imagine if the entirety of the film industry was based off of kung fu movies

that was all they did, they had hundreds of kung fu characters to choose from, but that's all they did, if you did anything else, you'd be called an "indie film"

every once in a while, people would come along to "reinvent" kung fu movies through making it "edgy" or appeal to different audiences, and sometimes people would lament some directors as causing the death of kung fu movies

that's what the comics industry is

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
This is the main reason why Spiderman is such a fan-favorite. Normal everyday teenager who was given extraordinary powers, but is not invincible. He still deals with the normal struggles of adolescence in addition to those of being a crime-fighter. He had no mentor or "Batman" figure to look up to, just those famous words the late Uncle Ben told him, "With great power, comes great responsibility." Relatable, but unique.

If you think about it, a lot of characters in DC are more or less "I'm from this planet and I have this superpower."
Meh, relatable heroes and characters are boring to watch for me. Not bad at all, but just boring. I don't want to relate to the characters I'm watching. I especially don't want to if they have these extraordinary powers or have access to tools and equipment we could literally only dream and imagine or kinds we couldn't even imagine. I want to just see them as they go through their unique experiences that no normal person could go through. If I want a character I can relate to, I'll make my own. If I wanna watch a normal person live their life, I'll go outside.

Reality is Reality. Fantasy is Fantasy. (Really? Tell me more, Wave~! =D)

Keep the two separate. Small bits of either is fine, but not so much that one starts to take over the other.

I want to watch characters, not people.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I swear, every other time I look at this thread, something other than PM is being discussed.

Let`s change the topic to penguins
Penguins? Uh...

That's about all I got.

Speaking of penguins, CPU Dedede confuses me. One moment he's rather vicious in a fight, the next he just gives up and dies.

Man needs to do more P90X. ¦(

Vashimus

Smash Master
Meh, relatable heroes and characters are boring to watch for me. Not bad at all, but just boring. I don't want to relate to the characters I'm watching. I especially don't want to if they have these extraordinary powers or have access to tools and equipment we could literally only dream and imagine or kinds we couldn't even imagine. I want to just see them as they go through their unique experiences that no normal person could go through. If I want a character I can relate to, I'll make my own. If I wanna watch a normal person live their life, I'll go outside.

Reality is Reality. Fantasy is Fantasy. (Really? Tell me more, Wave~! =D)

Keep the two separate. Small bits of either is fine, but not so much that one starts to take over the other.

I want to watch characters, not people.
Thing is, there are plenty of heroes who are fantastical characters, so there was not that much diversity. Spider-man was the first one to really pave the way towards relatable "everyman" superheroes.

I only really feel that way towards video game characters since most of the time, I don't really care about them being realistic since I'm just playing the game. Like for instance, old Dante in DMC. Sure, he was a cartoon character who liked to fool around and wasn't really relatable per se, but he was such a likeable cool guy you can't help but feel drawn towards him. He was badass and one of the main reasons to play DMC is to, well, feel like a badass.

Regardless, no one wants to see "awesome super powerful flawless hero" save the day all the time, because we've seen it countless times. If they did, comics would just get stale.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Thing is, there are plenty of heroes who are fantastical characters, so there was not that much diversity. Spider-man was the first one to really pave the way towards relatable "everyman" superheroes.

I only really feel that way towards video game characters since most of the time, I don't really care about them being realistic since I'm just playing the game. Like for instance, old Dante in DMC. Sure, he was a cartoon character who liked to fool around and wasn't really relatable per se, but he was such a likeable cool guy you can't help but feel drawn towards him. He was badass and the main reason to play DMC is too, well, feel like a badass.

Regardless, no one wants to see "awesome super powerful flawless hero" save the day all the time, because we've seen it countless times. If they did, comics would just get stale.
Eh, I can agree with that. Especially given the example you put out there.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
best option would be to export to youtube as a private video, then download the video via chrome/firefox/w.e addon. IIRC, directly exporting video from twitch results in videos as FLV files, and afaik, no editing program (like vegas) takes FLV
After I upload/export to youtube I use Atubecatcher (THE BEST YOUTUBE DOWNLOADER EVER x1000) OR I use Youtube's own download feature in the video manager where you right click "Download .mp4"

Here's a video that has seemed the closest to a good superhero story. The good quality version seems to be taken down but: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOJ6432ppFA
Spoilers I guess:

The kids smart and punky, but you'll find out more towards the end he's on a mission out of longing for his dad's return to prove something to get him back even though he's probably a jerk dad. The scientists also don't give him enough credit. And then it ends with him realizing his genius might not be all that amazing as he might have just hit his mental peak early as a kid or whatever but is still really smart nonetheless, but it's like the perfect ending for a follow-up video I hope to get about him.

Also watching Stan Lee's Superhumans is super entertaining

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
But...This is the thread where everyone who likes Project M talks about things other than project M. D:

ALL RIGHT.

FAVORITE POKEMON.
GO.
I actually wrote out a list of my favorites of each type a week or two ago. If I had to say an absolute favorite though, I'd probably say Umbreon.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i'm a sucker for all of the eeveelutions. and eevee itself. it's ****ing adorable!

i'm still waiting for the missing ones, though. want my rock, dragon, ground, fighting, bug, flying, and steel eevees : p

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I recently attained 500 likes but was not awarded with the achieve for 500 likes, where would I post to have something like this corrected?

EDIT: nevermind

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Or just use the option that exists in both Xsplit and OBS to save local copies of your videos while streaming them...

CORY

wut
BRoomer
oh yeah, totes need a ghost eeveelution.

outside of eevees, gengar is my fave. i was mildly hyped for mega gengar, then got SUPER HYPED when i saw shiny mega gengar!

SpiderMad

Smash Master
oh yeah, totes need a ghost eeveelution.

outside of eevees, gengar is my fave. i was mildly hyped for mega gengar, then got SUPER HYPED when i saw shiny mega gengar!
Too many people like gengar that I can't like him that much

Also I don't like Link's Melee styled alternative costume, something about it just feels distracting: like it's out of place.

Top Bottom