• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
-turns on 3.6-
-picks squirtle-
-involuntarily vomits all over rug because the announcer-

so yeah can we get an option to turn this guy off

SpiderMad

Smash Master
The Wifi Add-on just made the game freeze after you go into versus

-turns on 3.6-
-picks squirtle-
-involuntarily vomits all over rug because the announcer-

so yeah can we get an option to turn this guy off
I think they're trying to invoke the community as a whole to create/gather our best announcers/announcer packs out of torment

I'ma have a go at it to see what I sound like. Gotta research announcer pack making.

Last edited:

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
actually with regards to this video, I'm going to say something that I've heard about melee luigis, that none of them play the same

otek seems to play a lot more read/reaction based, coming in with pokes to capitalize on mistakes and getting lots of his combos either off of that or off of rising down bs

this is a bit different than dong, who really likes to force his way in with fireballs and then jab to up-b

more generally, luigis fall into two camps: those that fish for shoryukens and those that don't
dong is clearly in the first camp while otek is in the second
while I watch dong I generally go "why the **** did you try to shoryuken there" and while I watch otek I go "why didn't you shoryuken there"

but they're winning while I'm doing jack**** and posting on smashboards so whatever works for them

beware the little green men, smashboards, beware
lol after reading this thread, NOW I know what you're talking about with this whole Luigi-re-hype thing.

Down-B used to alter momentum for hits out of tight spots in melee is functional just the way he's doing it too. Very juicy against range that tries to juggle you outside of your air game while landing. Tiny air stall into great ground speed is juicy, it's a lot more offensively-spammable in PM and otek is abusing it loads. Replace a good chunk of those other Down-Bs (like half at least lol) with U-Smash (mostly) or other, and he wouldn't have been getting unecessarily punished for being over-zealous with it.

It reminds me of Axe when it took him 9 months of N-Air > U-Air against shields as Pika, and me (and others a bit) telling him to stop because he'll get punished, and 3 of those months with people like Forward starting to B-Air him OOS over and over before he finally stopped.

It's REALLY obvious when it's GOOD and when it's a complete risk/hope and hail-mary Down-B attempt.
When that starts to work into place for him, he'll be more montrous than ever. Right now, there's just a lot of counter-play hitting him and neither party is overly optimizing it to really show how effective it is/isn't (obviously, this is PM, we all suck)

Dong had the Up-B thing for the same purpose. Switch those into U-Smashes, or essentially any other option, and the counter-play from both sides of player-vs-player things at a top-end in the public eye will make a LOT more sense.

On a really SIMPLE note...
Half of those down-Bs should NOT have been mashed, and simply moved away from the opponent + raised a bit at the end to WL out.
That's the typical 'Melee-way' and it seems completely abandoned for high-risk options like getting REALLY HIGH and taking aerials to the butt (Axe Pika-getting-B-Air'd OOS style)

Game is fun
Luigi is funny

Edit: Scuttling may show up one day too.
PM exclusive though.

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Are we calling the aerial shine changes minor or major? I currently don't have a human with whom to test stuff.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
the new announcer sounds like pee wee herman at times

please for the love of god revert it back

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
Are we calling the aerial shine changes minor or major? I currently don't have a human with whom to test stuff.
for most players it only really affects his gimping ability but it will also mess with jump cancled shine stuff and shine>waveland tech chases on platforms (this might actually be a positive change for fox) it could mess with multishine pressure depending on how the changes mess with shield push back. unfortunately i haven't had a chance to mess around with it much so im not sure but it doesn't seem to bad

SpiderMad

Smash Master
@Strong Bad @ Ripple Ripple Was the "Marth couldn't perfect waveland in 3.5" fixed (though you never seemed to make a video demonstrating what you were talking about Ripple like you said you would)? I also thought I read some post hinting his Dair landing lag was gonna be reverted to Melee but that didn't come to fruition (luckily I guess, though I prepared myself mentally for it)

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I just saw that doing the entire Wess Dance gives you a OHKO move. Thank you PMDT.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Huh? We worked very hard to GIVE IC's handoffs. Why would we take them away?
Handoff infinites*, sorry.
I see :bowser2: has mostly light armor now. What does that mean exactly (Difference from before)? What moves will he not be able to armor now?

:018:
It's based on knockback. Light armor goes through any move that has less than 100 knockback against Bowser at his current level of damage. Medium and Heavy armor operate the same way, but with values of 140 and 200. There's a knockback calculator out there somewhere, but I lost my bookmark. The difference is enormous.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Lucario's new run animation reminds me of something you'd see in a Studio Ghibli film
I haven't had a wii for the past 4 months
Huh? You just made some post somewhere about buying your third Wii. And I also thought some people mentioned you did Netplay/Dolphin.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Someone E-mail me a wifi signal so I can download the new version.

SunJester

Smash Ace
M2K is threatening to drop PM from MVG events because Fox got nerfed. The salt is real

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
M2K is threatening to drop PM from MVG events because Fox got nerfed. The salt is real

There was a problem fetching the tweet
They made Falco's Dair into a toothpick the last version you foo

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
are you circumcised? what is your stance on circumcision? ;)
I already answered this question like a month ago.
Huh? We worked very hard to GIVE IC's handoffs. Why would we take them away?
Did y'all fix the way crouch sensitivity works so that handoffs work on platforms? Every time I tried popo dthrow > nana fthrow in 3.5 she fell through the platform when popo threw.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
...I hope the Ike up throw isn't in the final patch. It's. It noted so hopefully it's a mistake. Only real complaint I have with nerfs lol

Draco_The

Smash Lord
where is this Tank! remix you people speak of?

also the Bowser stage remix song randomly turns into Jungle Hijinx...
If you're using a virtual SD with Dolphin, use WinImage to defragment it, save it as sd.ima in your desktop, rename it to sd.raw and put it in Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Wii.

If you're using a real one for your Wii, backup everything, format the SD card and copy/paste everything back.

NyTR0

Smash Apprentice
I almost broke down in tears of happiness when I saw the changes to Sonic. My boy finally got some buffs and a lot of cosmetic changes (PMDT did a great job with this). I feel great playing Sonic and it feels nice that for once, Sonic's changes weren't based off of people just having literal hate towards the character. I couldn't have asked for more for 3.6 and I truly thank PMDT for the great work they put in with the whole cast in general. This is definitely heading in the right direction. Can't wait for what the future holds. GO-GO, SONIC!!!

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
lol after reading this thread, NOW I know what you're talking about with this whole Luigi-re-hype thing.

Down-B used to alter momentum for hits out of tight spots in melee is functional just the way he's doing it too. Very juicy against range that tries to juggle you outside of your air game while landing. Tiny air stall into great ground speed is juicy, it's a lot more offensively-spammable in PM and otek is abusing it loads. Replace a good chunk of those other Down-Bs (like half at least lol) with U-Smash (mostly) or other, and he wouldn't have been getting unecessarily punished for being over-zealous with it.

It reminds me of Axe when it took him 9 months of N-Air > U-Air against shields as Pika, and me (and others a bit) telling him to stop because he'll get punished, and 3 of those months with people like Forward starting to B-Air him OOS over and over before he finally stopped.

It's REALLY obvious when it's GOOD and when it's a complete risk/hope and hail-mary Down-B attempt.
When that starts to work into place for him, he'll be more montrous than ever. Right now, there's just a lot of counter-play hitting him and neither party is overly optimizing it to really show how effective it is/isn't (obviously, this is PM, we all suck)

Dong had the Up-B thing for the same purpose. Switch those into U-Smashes, or essentially any other option, and the counter-play from both sides of player-vs-player things at a top-end in the public eye will make a LOT more sense.

On a really SIMPLE note...
Half of those down-Bs should NOT have been mashed, and simply moved away from the opponent + raised a bit at the end to WL out.
That's the typical 'Melee-way' and it seems completely abandoned for high-risk options like getting REALLY HIGH and taking aerials to the butt (Axe Pika-getting-B-Air'd OOS style)

Game is fun
Luigi is funny

Edit: Scuttling may show up one day too.
PM exclusive though.
imo u should watch XYK. ****, even i am already b-reversing/wavebouncing fireballs and I've told XYK to do so for months. anyway, XYK also does ledgedash reverse upsmash from the ledge like 90% perfect. it's rly gud

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Of course the 3.6 beta releases when I can't test it because I'm at school. :/

Still, going to have to test stuff once I get home. At least after today, I'll have one day left of school; meaning P:M all summer long! :p

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
So the girl and I spent until Sunday together.

Like, we were together from Wednesday at 6 until Sunday at like noon.

So the bright side now is that I'm seeing her again today/tomorrow.

The downside is that she's a Melee player and I won't get to just play 3.6 all day.

Top Bottom