• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Meta Knight:
Throws
-Down Throw
--Always forces tumble.

...does this mean what I think it means. oh man. oh maaaan

e: All specials now cause Meta Knight to lose all remaining jumps if used in the air. Keeps jumps if used from the ground. Previous behavior caused neutral-B, side-B, and up-B to lose 1 jump, and down-b to lose all jumps if used in the air.

WE BACK IN BUSINESS, META KNIGHT CREW ASSEMBLE

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
@CORY I think pink hedgehogs are really cute. Don't you~? <3

And as always, still keeping my promise to you, @mimgrim. ¦D

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Meta Knight:
Throws
-Down Throw
--Always forces tumble.

...does this mean what I think it means. oh man. oh maaaan

e: All specials now cause Meta Knight to lose all remaining jumps if used in the air. Keeps jumps if used from the ground. Previous behavior caused neutral-B, side-B, and up-B to lose 1 jump, and down-b to lose all jumps if used in the air.

WE BACK IN BUSINESS, META KNIGHT CREW ASSEMBLE
N O O N E I S S A F E

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
FOX NERFS

20 frames landing lag on Firefox...

and...

THEY CHANGED SHINE

No longer 100 weight-dependent set knockback, but a standard kockback curve with base at 55, growth at 35, and angle at 20.

Exodo

Smash Ace
... 3.6 is out?
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEREEEEEEEEEREEEEREREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEREREREREREReeeeeeerereeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeREEEEEEEEDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESESESESESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Soooo, ICs still have handoffs? If this is a beta, I assume it's because they couldn't fix the throw release points in time - and that's what would do for the handoffs.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
er, bug report? I think?

either it's a bug report, or the changelist is wrong, but none of meta knight's specials actually keep your jumps when coming from the ground

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
I don't mean to start anything at all. But was Fox really that bad? Are you guys sure that Mango, Lucky, Leffen, Armada, SW, etc aren't just significantly better than you?

@ SpiderMad SpiderMad PM reads jumpsquat ending on your first airborne frame, Melee is the last frame of squat

Last edited:

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Are you really asking us this now of all times
Well I don't see why not. I was around to see the slew of hate towards PM 3.02 Fox and how everyone was crying "NERF", and he was more or less just top 10 material in 3.02. I thought the transition from 3.5-3.6 would make Fox essentially PAL, not destroy his shine combo game

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
the thing is, from that list alone, lucky's the only one that's been accomplishing anything meaningful on a larger scale of PM (nothing but respect for him, man actually learns new stuff and applies them as he should), whereas the only reason everyone else was succeeding was because of a completely different game than everyone else was playing, which isn't a very good look for newer players

like "hey, kids, want to get bodied by people who don't even properly play your game?" isn't exactly a warm welcome, methinks

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
the thing is, from that list alone, lucky's the only one that's been accomplishing anything meaningful on a larger scale of PM (nothing but respect for him, man actually learns new stuff and applies them as he should), whereas the only reason everyone else was succeeding was because of a completely different game than everyone else was playing, which isn't a very good look for newer players

like "hey, kids, want to get bodied by people who don't even properly play your game?" isn't exactly a warm welcome, methinks
I'm pretty sure if Mango picked up say MK in PM and spent 5 minutes with him, he'd still win PM tournaments. The level in skill between Melee's top 15/20 and PM's best is pretty significant. A lot of PM's best players are good Melee players too. Professor Pro is one, (idk if he still plays PM) but Plup, Wizzrobe, etc.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I've seen mango's attempts at playing other PM characters, though

he tried going wolf dittos vs. chillin in a stream chillin was having. it didn't end well

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Well I don't see why not. I was around to see the slew of hate towards PM 3.02 Fox and how everyone was crying "NERF", and he was more or less just top 10 material in 3.02. I thought the transition from 3.5-3.6 would make Fox essentially PAL, not destroy his shine combo game
The grounded shine is unchanged, btw.

Hapajin

Smash Apprentice
If I used the hackless wii zip (wifi safe) for previous versions of Project M, will the just the Hackless Zip option listed under the 3.6 Beta download be useable for me as well?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I don't mean to start anything at all. But was Fox really that bad? Are you guys sure that Mango, Lucky, Leffen, Armada, SW, etc aren't just significantly better than you?

@ SpiderMad SpiderMad PM reads jumpsquat ending on your first airborne frame, Melee is the last frame of squat
Oh, so this has to do with the Physics delay; didn't put that together O_O

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
rofl i scrolled down too far on the download page and redownloaded 3.5 and put it in my wii. i was blinded by hype

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
PMDT confirmed giving me the best birthday present I could have asked for! 18 never felt so sweet ;)

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
>tfw you still only have moblie internet

Can't download the game or watch streams.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
I looked at the changes and saw some stuff I was happy with but there's a bunch of things that weren't touched which is kind of upsetting.

It's like it's hype but I think I might be starting to get a bad aftertaste

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
There are 6 (Technically 7) characters I play as consistently in PM which you can all see under my avy and I'm happy with all of their changes. Plus, Auto L-Cancel is an actual menu option now? YES!

I was worried Sonic would get rekt by the nerf train again but am pleasantly surprised. Happy 24th Birthday Sonic indeed. <3

Now to see if 3.6 can also manage to revive the fun that 3.5 kinda killed for me.

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
Sup guys I never post here but I used to main Olimar until 3.5

He's coming back.

SunJester

Smash Ace
Specials
-Up Special (Firefox)
--Landing lag increased from 6 frames to 20.
--Landing lag after special fall increased from 3 frames to 7.

-Down Special (Aerial Reflector)
--100 weight-dependent set knockback replaced with a standard knockback curve.
--Base knockback set to 55.
--Knokback growth set to 35.
--Angle set to 20

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
>looks at toon link changes
ARE YOU SAYING I CAN SMASH PEOPLE WITH SMASHES OTHER THAN FMSHASH?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
MK still has the DC glitches then right, or is the alternated ending coding meaning they fixed that

Last edited:
Top Bottom