• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I got yelled at last night (around midnight?) to go running and then took a walk to the pool at 2(?) as to stop getting harassed.

Wait, was this supposed to be the positive page?

While my Mom yelled at me she kind of cleaned my room by throwing "everything" into a trash can. Does that count?
What important items does that include

Player -0

Smash Hero
I was going through the stuff. I had a bunch of stuff from school including forms. Stuff like notes I'd like to keep for next year.

I don't even know everything that disappeared. rip the drawings I messed around with though.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I was going through the stuff. I had a bunch of stuff from school including forms. Stuff like notes I'd like to keep for next year.

I don't even know everything that disappeared. rip the drawings I messed around with though.
Now I remember when one of my teacher's threw away all my comics I drew (me and my friend both drew humor comics somewhere early in middle school or something) because I wasn't paying attention or something dumb. That's like the most anti-creative and heartbreaking move you could do.

I still got a ton that I'm guessing I made after-word

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
@ Player -0 Player -0 I'm so sorry your mom did that. I hope you're going to be ok?

@ PMS | Tink-er PMS | Tink-er I'm salty I missed your AMA while I was busy with stuff. I was gonna make funny jokes and generally offer you kind words of encouragement for being awesome.

In other news...I think I miss tutoring. Goddammit, I never wanted to be a teacher. It's a pain in the ass. But I miss my students, I miss explaining stuff, I miss seeing the lightbulbs turn on behind their eyes and the satisfaction that comes from knowing that I just opened up a entire new way of understanding for someone. I'll wait and see how I feel after the next semester, but I'm really looking forward to it right now.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
^Yup. Haters gonna hate.
Also, so much for the sun being out...
Also, I'm either really smurt or I just convinced a couple very well-established authors and scientific-frontier people of the world that the direction I was pointing regarding applying their points to life, was better than theirs. They left confused about their studies and eager to look into some stuff in a new light. *pats-self-on-back*

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
@ Player -0 Player -0 I'm so sorry your mom did that. I hope you're going to be ok?

@ PMS | Tink-er PMS | Tink-er I'm salty I missed your AMA while I was busy with stuff. I was gonna make funny jokes and generally offer you kind words of encouragement for being awesome.

In other news...I think I miss tutoring. Goddammit, I never wanted to be a teacher. It's a pain in the ***. But I miss my students, I miss explaining stuff, I miss seeing the lightbulbs turn on behind their eyes and the satisfaction that comes from knowing that I just opened up a entire new way of understanding for someone. I'll wait and see how I feel after the next semester, but I'm really looking forward to it right now.
There's nothing to be upset about, lol. You're always able to ask me whatever you feel like.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again

LMAO TIME FOR MORE WEEGEE SALT

inb4 the only character I play in any smash game gets nerfed in 3.6 rip

the only reason 3.6 is taking so long is because PMDT is secretly dragging out the release to try to gather more proof that luigi needs nerfs
(spoiler: he doesn't stop whining)

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
I never gave you anything related to Mad. Did something go wrong somewhere?
this monstrosity you created has gained sentience...its learning the habits of the people of everyone on this thread at an alarming rate. soon not even i will be able to control it... it will move on from this thread to smashcirclejerk and from there onto the ****posting havens doted across the internet knows as off-topic threads then it will move on to its rightful place as lord of tumbler.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again

LMAO TIME FOR MORE WEEGEE SALT

inb4 the only character I play in any smash game gets nerfed in 3.6 rip

the only reason 3.6 is taking so long is because PMDT is secretly dragging out the release to try to gather more proof that luigi needs nerfs
(spoiler: he doesn't stop whining)
actually with regards to this video, I'm going to say something that I've heard about melee luigis, that none of them play the same

otek seems to play a lot more read/reaction based, coming in with pokes to capitalize on mistakes and getting lots of his combos either off of that or off of rising down bs

this is a bit different than dong, who really likes to force his way in with fireballs and then jab to up-b

more generally, luigis fall into two camps: those that fish for shoryukens and those that don't
dong is clearly in the first camp while otek is in the second
while I watch dong I generally go "why the **** did you try to shoryuken there" and while I watch otek I go "why didn't you shoryuken there"

but they're winning while I'm doing jack**** and posting on smashboards so whatever works for them

beware the little green men, smashboards, beware

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
I remember there being jokes about Luigi being sleeping god tier when his dash attack got buffed in 3.5(?) and now people are seeing him as an amazing character

The prophecy has been fulfilled

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I'm kinda sad that I dropped Luigi back in 2013.

I feel like it's too late to come back now, honestly.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Luigi is fine as a whole, but his recovery is bonkers and makes no ****ing sense
this is only because mashing is a dumb**** mechanic

pmdt recognized mashing was stupid so they made it easier to do it and now b-padding is a thing
but luigi's down-b height wasn't changed in the process
as it is, luigi can pretty much recover from the bottom blastzone of fod and go underneath every stage

I would gladly trade more aerial horizontal drift on down-b for a decreased max height

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
this is only because mashing is a dumb**** mechanic

pmdt recognized mashing was stupid so they made it easier to do it and now b-padding is a thing
but luigi's down-b height wasn't changed in the process
as it is, luigi can pretty much recover from the bottom blastzone of fod and go underneath every stage

I would gladly trade more aerial horizontal drift on down-b for a decreased max height
There are other stupid things about his recovery too
Side-b grab box
Reliability of misfire for the user being way higher than melee yet unpredictability for the opponent being equal to melee
I'm okay with good recoveries if they make sense or are the way they are on characters that need them for punishment or are on characters that need them because they are otherwise very squishy
Luigi doesn't really fit into any of those

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
There are other stupid things about his recovery too
Side-b grab box
Reliability of misfire for the user being way higher than melee yet unpredictability for the opponent being equal to melee
I'm okay with good recoveries if they make sense or are the way they are on characters that need them for punishment or are on characters that need them because they are otherwise very squishy
Luigi doesn't really fit into any of those
yeah I never can hit the side-b grab box consistently so I forget how silly it is sometimes
misfire is misfire, it makes a noise when you capture and you can see it flash green it so honestly both players should know when it's in play
luigi is pretty squishy and is kind of a sitting duck in the air, too, which I why I want more horizontal mobility outside of misfire

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
There's nothing more satisfying than coming back to the social thread every 2 or 3 days and having 200+ messages to read. Keep it up everyone.

Also projecto M&Ms 3.14 coming when
i want fox's laser to do 1% more damage than before
and the tier list thread to lose its mind again

Helsong

Smash Ace
There's nothing to be upset about, lol. You're always able to ask me whatever you feel like.
Yeah, besides, that would mean you'd all figure out my reddit username, and by proxy the actual tag I use when I play Smash.
For real though, I'm super salty I didn't use Helsong when I first came up with my gamertag years ago. It's so much cooler than what I use now. I would switch, but..my local scene already knows me by my other name.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Yeah, besides, that would mean you'd all figure out my reddit username, and by proxy the actual tag I use when I play Smash.
But everyone here plays smash ya dingus.

Last edited:

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
shield dropping more like melee yesss

EDIT: FALCONS THROWS ARENT DUMB YESSSSS

DOUBLE EDIT:

FIREFOX HAS 20 FRAMES OF LAG

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited:
Top Bottom