• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
If Square had a Chrono Trigger remake lined up as well it would have been their best E3 ever.

Chrono Trigger pls

Last edited:

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
WHY IS YOKO TARO STILL MAKING VIDEO GAMES
SQUARE ENIX WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING
but hey more nier I'm down with that

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Isn't showing gameplay more important than being the most elaborate trailer possible?

Besides, the Kingdom Heart story is bad enough I'm glad we didn't have to hear too much of it.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
@Helsong I can't fire my missiles diagonal unless I'm also running is this intentional?
I'm not sure if it was the same in fusion.

Seriously somebody pull out ZM and check if it is the same for them

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I managed to fill my day up to the point where I only have to spent like 30 min at home, going to avoid all birthday related family festivities because I hate celebrating so much

Working, rowing, coaching, and smashing for the rest of the day, sounds like a good day to me.

I Hearn the Nintendo e3 thing was pretty lame? I can't get hype for kh3 or ff7 remake. *shrugs* Chrono trigger remake would make me buy a ps4 early though.

On sf5 designs: cammy looks great, way more European now like she should be. Wtf did they do to birdie lol, yeah it's 20 years later but idk they made a cool character design into a comic one by making him fat, giving him a food based moveset, and changing his hair >.> that said the game looks amazing

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
I managed to fill my day up to the point where I only have to spent like 30 min at home, going to avoid all birthday related family festivities because I hate celebrating so much

Working, rowing, coaching, and smashing for the rest of the day, sounds like a good day to me.

I Hearn the Nintendo e3 thing was pretty lame? I can't get hype for kh3 or ff7 remake. *shrugs* Chrono trigger remake would make me buy a ps4 early though.

On sf5 designs: cammy looks great, way more European now like she should be. Wtf did they do to birdie lol, yeah it's 20 years later but idk they made a cool character design into a comic one by making him fat, giving him a food based moveset, and changing his hair >.> that said the game looks amazing
Sadly, yes. Nintendo sort of...bombed.

DethM

Smash Apprentice
Digital Event was really underwhelming this year.

Could it be that Square Enix has won E3?

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub

I kept hearing how Sony "Melted faces" at E3. To be perfectly frank I didn't hear anything spectacular from Square Enix.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

Yes.

Once they confirmed the continuation of Nier with that trailer, they won. Second place goes to my jolly African American friend, Yarny.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
If they don't have any kind of invinc why would anyone ever want to backdash in the first place?
I'm guessing to make something whiff on wakeup or to dip outta block string to make a move whiff. Give it time and we find someone with a hella good Rose backdash or something.

Bleck

Smash Master
Isn't showing gameplay more important than being the most elaborate trailer possible?
yes, but everything this trailer showed us about gameplay was stuff we already knew about the game (i.e while visually the new "ride summons" are cool, they're not overly different from anything we've seen in previous games), in only one area of the game (where the areas of the game are arguably one of the series' main features) and telling us nothing about the story (another one of the series' main features

the trailer was basically "this game is happening but even though we've spent a decade making it we've still barely made any progress because we're morons"

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
It's been floating around that like:dislike ratio pretty much from the moment it went up. When I checked shortly after the presentation ended it was around 350:3k.

Not that I'm surprised. It's been almost eight years since Prime 3, over ten since Zero Mission. Everyone's waiting for a Metroid game that isn't steaming garbage. Instead we got a co-op shooter and 3-on-3 sports thing with the Metroid label slapped on. The game could be amazing for all we know, but nobody ****ing cares because Nintendo just shot themselves in the foot with a super missile.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
^Yep I hope it don't end up like a Wii Music or Paper Mario Sticker Star scenario for them.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Backdashes are supposed to be a universal defensive option. For characters like Makoto, it's their only defensive option. If a character has a highly invincible backdash, then you either balance around it or nerf it accordingly. It's not fair to remove it as an option for every character in the cast.

The problem isn't the backdashes, it's that SF4's reversal window is so ****ing huge, people can easily mash it on wakeup or during a string and escape if the opponent doesn't anticipate it.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Nintendo really dropped the ball this year. I'm sure Star Fox will be good, but dang that trailer was underwhelming. They didn't show anything else that struck my interest.

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace
Having a new Zelda game looks cool, though their presentation of it was totally underwhelming (I hope its a full title and not a half title like Four Swords), Mario + Luigi might be good if they don't muck it up, its looking good so far. Star Fox is looking good, like to have my hands on it (though I'm less worried about Gyroscope controls since they work well in Splatoon).

Fire Emblem wasn't bad, not exhilirating or anything, but it was okay. That wee-aboo looking game is so weeb I don't want to touch it. Everything else was meh.

That Metroid though was a goddamn gut punch. Retro was teasing us with e3 news. I sincerely hope that wasn't it.

Player -0

Smash Hero
I just watched the Metroid trailer.

wow.

On the other hand I went through like 10 pages and liked (almost) everything.

Edit - Then on Friday my XC team is going to go run a mountain. Meanwhile I don't have my physical and I won't have it until next Wednesday which means that I won't be running it :l.

I live for hills too.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
But why not just give hunters 2.

Like the same game but with 3ds graphics.

That is a nintendoland attraction.
There will be Nintendo Laser Tag at universal and it will be called fed force
I just watched the Metroid trailer.

wow.

On the other hand I went through like 10 pages and liked (almost) everything
Doing God's work (mine)

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
Backdashes are supposed to be a universal defensive option. For characters like Makoto, it's their only defensive option. If a character has a highly invincible backdash, then you either balance around it or nerf it accordingly. It's not fair to remove it as an option for every character in the cast.
it would not be fair to do so in SF4, but we don't know exactly how SF5 works, so

like you're right, that would be a huge nerf to Makoto - and we're not even sure if Makoto is in this game

Top Bottom