• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Lizalfos

Smash Master
zero said a thing again, and naturally it made headline news because I am pretty sure he's literally the only community leader ssb4 has right now?

like even when leffen says something goofy it never gets even half the traction this has

ssb4 is weird
Lmao, "community", "leader".

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Cool-story-bro-post

Part of the reason I was (am) getting back into smash is due to a venue concept that was coming together for a multi-purpose type of event-holding facility.
Smash, of course, is something I was going to bring there for weeklies.
Many local smashers got involved too, but the greater-community around the venue wasn't quite enough and it fell through (for now)
So I'll keep hunting for a venue, but we won't be having the weeklies/monthlies/bigger events I was planning on hosting/my reason for getting back into smash is busted.

That was as of a few days ago.

So last night 4 of us got together (Crispy, 1FD, and Sykosis) and discussed further plans.

That proceeded to Melee and PM.

Chris and I played Doc dittos in Melee, basically just doing Up-B cancel stuff to each other the whole time. He's always had nearly 100% consistency with it, but I saw him miss about 1 in 20.
Meanwhile my pivot game was pretty sloppy. Only successfully did about 2 pivot U-Tilts and D-Tilts throughout the session, and couldn't pivot F-Tilt facing left NEARLY as consistently as to the right.
Our trade-marks are weak, but it was like riding a bike still.

I've never done much Up-B cancelling, so there were spurts of missing like 20+ in a row, then getting 3 in a row, repeat. Basically it was just D-Air > Up-BC > Attempting F-Air. Or Jab > Up-BC, or just raw UpBs out of neutral. Stocks only seemed to end if we SD'd with UpBs near the edge (my SD was hiiiiiigh) or actually connecting a F-Air off of one (rare lol)
Super fun.

Meanwhile, the other 2 were playing PM and did TL dittos trying to do bomb-related tricks.
It really looked like they were both just trying to Z-Drop bombs and hit them on the way to the ground without getting hit by the explosion. That's about it lol

We did this from midnight to 3am...

So one of the biggest smash sessions of 2015 for me so far was just lulz

Gonna get this venue going sometime, and actually get some real matches in.
But dayum smash is fun.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
So I have a partner assignment that's also a presentation for my final grade in my AP Gov class. My partner and I have to make a Powerpoint about the executive branch, but I've ended up doing all the work because he "doesn't start working on it until the other person shows that they're going to pitch in and work on it, too" even though I have virtually the whole thing done, and we have to present it tomorrow.

Seriously considering just locking him out of the Google Slide file and adding a **** ton of pictures of dogs, because it makes him mad for some reason.

Motobug

Project M/+ community leader
Seriously considering just locking him out of the Google Slide file and adding a **** ton of pictures of dogs, because it makes him mad for some reason.
Do it, man. He's kind of a **** and he deserves it.

(just tell your teacher first)

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Do it, man. He's kind of a **** and he deserves it.

(just tell your teacher first)
Would it be too mean to add a surprise slide at the end, where it says something like "And now, (partner's name) will give a extended monologue on the teleological explanation regarding the function of the executive branch in a pseudo-modern society (or something else that's convoluted)", then sit down and leave him up there to give his speech?

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Do the work, don't do anything that'll get you in trouble.
Settle grudges outside of academia.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Doesn't have to be done in hate/some for of grudge.
It's an innocent and funny way of making a point to help the person for future relationship-problems they're likely to jump into.
AKA, you're doing someone a favor with a gentle slap on the wrist from the cookie jar of aversion in the form of reactive delegation.

This ain't no afro pick toss

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
@ Saxophoneoftime Saxophoneoftime

Gotta have a picture of a dog on the end-slide for during the 'speech' though

That's the stuff legendary stories are made of
Oh my god, that'll be great. I think I'll make it say "And now, Kyle will give a monologue on the third-wave ecological feminist interpretation of the neo-Marxist Christian teleological explanation of the function of the executive branch in a secular, post-industrial, post-racial society." with a picture of a puppy sleeping in a basket.

Do the work, don't do anything that'll get you in trouble.
Settle grudges outside of academia.
I think I'll be alright; I'm sure my teacher will find it funny, too.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
HEY YOU
WITH THE QUOTE
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

PS: Life is a game
Plai

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
@Warchamp7 Real talk yo : what's the point of having the possibility to hide premium banner but your name stays in blue ? Blue really doesn't go with my topaz theme and since I payed moni I feel entitled help.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
I finally decided to start typing up my ideas so that my daydreaming skills dont go to waste, so have a chat log explaining one of my story ideas

miles: aight i got a story idea tell me what you think of it

miles: in this fictional region everyone who is born there is given whats called a height, an achievement in live to complete

miles: completing your height makes you highly respected in the community, like war veteran benefits and everyone tries to fufill their heights

miles: its seen as rude to ask what someones height is, but asking them if they completed it is fine - the person or persons responsible for giving heights is able to tell if its completed

miles: some people are given heights that are criminal in nature, like killing someone, and some people who try to complete their height resort to stealing or murdering to get what they need, which is seen as unrespectable

miles: the story takes place following 2 girls, a young apprentice officer who was born in the region and has a height of her own, and a more experienced officer who acts as the younger's mentor of sorts - she isnt born in the region so she doesnt have a height of her own

miles: over cries of corruption the police force in the area has a low budget, which makes fighting crime particularily difficult, given the technology available(takes place in the future, region based on south america)

miles: the story is mainly about trying to catch a murderer who has killed a large number of people, presumably trying to fufill his height, while also dealing with a poor budget and next to no advanced technology to combat him

Too bad my creativity runs dry after the premise and ending, I have some basic plot points for progression in between the beginning and the ending but they're pretty disjointed right now

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I finally decided to start typing up my ideas so that my daydreaming skills dont go to waste, so have a chat log explaining one of my story ideas

miles: aight i got a story idea tell me what you think of it

miles: in this fictional region everyone who is born there is given whats called a height, an achievement in live to complete

miles: completing your height makes you highly respected in the community, like war veteran benefits and everyone tries to fufill their heights

miles: its seen as rude to ask what someones height is, but asking them if they completed it is fine - the person or persons responsible for giving heights is able to tell if its completed

miles: some people are given heights that are criminal in nature, like killing someone, and some people who try to complete their height resort to stealing or murdering to get what they need, which is seen as unrespectable

miles: the story takes place following 2 girls, a young apprentice officer who was born in the region and has a height of her own, and a more experienced officer who acts as the younger's mentor of sorts - she isnt born in the region so she doesnt have a height of her own

miles: over cries of corruption the police force in the area has a low budget, which makes fighting crime particularily difficult, given the technology available(takes place in the future, region based on south america)

miles: the story is mainly about trying to catch a murderer who has killed a large number of people, presumably trying to fufill his height, while also dealing with a poor budget and next to no advanced technology to combat him

Too bad my creativity runs dry after the premise and ending, I have some basic plot points for progression in between the beginning and the ending but they're pretty disjointed right now
Make the murderer confront the police so you don't get stuck asking, "where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?"

Last edited:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I wish Zero a LOT of luck because right now smash 4's thing right now is like Springfield Elementary School when Flanders was principal.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
>Wake up 10 minutes ago
>Handed the phone
>It's my brother who is out of town on work related business
>"Sai I need you to put $20 in my bank account"
>"Aight, I'll do it later"
>"It's an emergency, I need it before 5pm"
>Check time
>2:45 PM
>Call friends to see if they can take me
>All of them busy
>Closest bank I can deposit the money in is about an hour and twenty minutes away on foot.
>Check weather outside today
>"98 degrees"
>MFW

e97.png

Here's to hoping someone picks me up on the way back.

Last edited:

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
honestly i would love the outside if someone had the will to commit mass genocide on all bugs

CORY

wut
BRoomer
>Wake up 10 minutes ago
>Handed the phone
>It's my brother who is out of town on work related business
>"Sai I need you to put $20 in my bank account"
>"Aight, I'll do it later"
>"It's an emergency, I need it before 5pm"
>Check time
>2:45 PM
>Call friends to see if they can take me
>All of them busy
>Closest bank I can deposit the money in is about an hour and twenty minutes away on foot.
>Check weather outside today
>"98 degrees"
>MFW

View attachment 54580

Here's to hoping someone picks me up on the way back.
you sure it's your brother and not a nigerian prince?

also: http://cinemassacre.com/2015/03/26/hong-kong-97-super-famicom-angry-video-game-nerd/

that damned song is still stuck in my head. send help.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
you sure it's your brother and not a nigerian prince?
I'll admit, I laughed more at this than I should of.

No, it just seems my brother is bad at managing finances when dealing with out of town business. This is the second time this has happened, but last time I had a ride.

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
Man dreams are weird.
After a long hard day of babysitting and running errands, I fall asleep and all of a sudden, I'm in the middle of this massive crowd of people. It was some sort of smash tournament, because in the midst of watching gf on a big ol' projector screen, I catch an earful of some guy next to me (white, brown hair, boyish kind of face, pretty attractive overall) gushing about how sick his falcon is.
The guy keeps yelling about it for like five minutes until I'm like
"Sorry pal, but I'm pretty sure I'm the most stylish falcon in this room"
And so I money match him, but I forgot to bring my controller so we're just sitting at the character select screen for a really uncomfortable amount of time.
Just then, I spot my homeboy Ian (not really sure why he's there because he only plays melee and hates pm IRL and complains about everything except olimar) and he lets me borrow a controller.
It's your stock purple gc controller, though the joystick cover is torn and the wiring is exposed, I figure
"Eh.... As long as it works things should be fine."
But it doesn't work.
The joystick drifts constantly, and controller is weirdly sticky.
Like he spilled soda on it or something.
Worried, but determined to not look like a punk, I ask the falcon guy if we can do some hand warmers before the set.
He's fine with it, and somehow both of us end up picking luigi and going to smashville.
And I play like trash.
The shoulder buttons get stuck.
The c-stick is unresponsive.
The joystick still drifted so my luigi kept air dodging up and to the left whenever I tried to wavedash..
It was tragic.
And meanwhile the other guy is giving me this smug, condescending look
so I get super flustered, quit the match, and demand to start the money match.
We both pick falcon but he kinda lingers on the stage select, flipping between yoshi's and fd.
He goes to icicle mountain.
I AM LIVID.
THE NOTION THAT I WAS BEING SANDBAGGED IN A MONEY- NO, A PRIDE MATCH WAS SO INFURIATING
...I woke myself up.

I played some smash today, and when my usual controller starting to drift to the left, I freaked out SO hard.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Since we've been on the topic of dreams recently, let me relay this amazing piece of knowledge Neon passed onto me last night.

"You don't have to play to get good. Just think about the game and map out your options. Start lucid dreaming and play the game frame by frame in your head at night."

I mean, I guess its working. He's been rapidly improving every week since he started taking smash seriously after he graduated.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Since we've been on the topic of dreams recently, let me relay this amazing piece of knowledge Neon passed onto me last night.

"You don't have to play to get good. Just think about the game and map out your options. Start lucid dreaming and play the game frame by frame in your head at night."

I mean, I guess its working. He's been rapidly improving every week since he started taking smash seriously after he graduated.
Wasting my dreams on Smash?

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
I'm so insecure about whether I'm "good" or not to the point where I dream about proving how cool I am to others...
And even in my dreams, I fail miserably.
Wow.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
mfw zero complains on twitter about who should be nerfed in smash4

this isn't PM anymore, the devs will not be so kind

it's kinda hilariously sad tbh the smash community is too scrubbish to deal with this low-quality of a game

SunJester

Smash Ace
I think the issue with Sm4sh is that there's a really large casual user base that doesn't understand how to create a competitive ruleset.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
3 cans of spray paint barely covered the bladeboxes. i expected there to be more paint per can, am rather disappointed...

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Man dreams are weird.
After a long hard day of babysitting and running errands, I fall asleep and all of a sudden, I'm in the middle of this massive crowd of people. It was some sort of smash tournament, because in the midst of watching gf on a big ol' projector screen, I catch an earful of some guy next to me (white, brown hair, boyish kind of face, pretty attractive overall) gushing about how sick his falcon is.
The guy keeps yelling about it for like five minutes until I'm like
"Sorry pal, but I'm pretty sure I'm the most stylish falcon in this room"
And so I money match him, but I forgot to bring my controller so we're just sitting at the character select screen for a really uncomfortable amount of time.
Just then, I spot my homeboy Ian (not really sure why he's there because he only plays melee and hates pm IRL and complains about everything except olimar) and he lets me borrow a controller.
It's your stock purple gc controller, though the joystick cover is torn and the wiring is exposed, I figure
"Eh.... As long as it works things should be fine."
But it doesn't work.
The joystick drifts constantly, and controller is weirdly sticky.
Like he spilled soda on it or something.
Worried, but determined to not look like a punk, I ask the falcon guy if we can do some hand warmers before the set.
He's fine with it, and somehow both of us end up picking luigi and going to smashville.
And I play like trash.
The shoulder buttons get stuck.
The c-stick is unresponsive.
The joystick still drifted so my luigi kept air dodging up and to the left whenever I tried to wavedash..
It was tragic.
And meanwhile the other guy is giving me this smug, condescending look
so I get super flustered, quit the match, and demand to start the money match.
We both pick falcon but he kinda lingers on the stage select, flipping between yoshi's and fd.
He goes to icicle mountain.
I AM LIVID.
THE NOTION THAT I WAS BEING SANDBAGGED IN A MONEY- NO, A PRIDE MATCH WAS SO INFURIATING
...I woke myself up.

I played some smash today, and when my usual controller starting to drift to the left, I freaked out SO hard.
Who needs style when you look really strong?

Top Bottom