• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Only slightly. It had to do more with gifted talents not getting overboard attention I believe.
tl;dr: 'No special snowflakes'. ...Mentalities like that make me want the silence of any pricks who act on them/stuff like 'No SAY in the matter for resentful filth and self-serving garbage, so git gud at shutting your traps and succeeding without a word you little ****s' to be the rule rather than the exception.
It's supposed to illustrate that the rich have no idea what it's like to be poor. (which is as depressingly relevant today as it was then).
Far less now than then, but yeah, it still exists.
For now.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
That only hides it for you anyway btw
I don't see the point in removing only your premium banner from view when everyone else's is still there, it just bothers me if I put it on.

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
The waifu thing makes me feel weird having a girl avatar :/

Meeeh
I have this avatar for a while and I'm okay. You can do it.
I try to change my avatar to something different, but then they bore me and I go back to this.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
The waifu thing makes me feel weird having a girl avatar :/

Meeeh
I didn't even know what a waifu was when I played Mother 3, but I really liked her then so I felt like using this. Nothing wrong with using a character you like as an avatar, that's what everyone else's usually is anyway.
(Also I'm making a custom Kumatora model, but that's another thing.)

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Not even a waifu guy or anything, like they're just pixels.

Kinda just having fun with a game and the girl is my favorite character. Still awks because waifuboards.

Helsong

Smash Ace
So throughout most of my pre-adult life, I just kinda assumed people were mostly joking when they talked about waifus.

And then I met someone who, quite literally, was in actual love with an anime girl. I felt pity, but...I guess he was happy? I dunno, maybe the issue was that he wasn't happy in the first place, and yet felt like he had no other option and had deluded himself into being happy. Not sure, and I guess it's not my place to psychoanalyze that sort of thing. I became enlightened, and decided that I'd pretend to keep believing that waifus are just an ironic/unserious concept and always used as a joke, because the reality of what I saw was just rather bleak, to be honest.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, this tequila is goddamn terrible and I feel terrible that my Tuesday night involved it in any way, shape, or form.

Helsong

Smash Ace
Also @ mimgrim mimgrim Serra is super awesome and I didn't realize until now you were using avatars of her. Honestly one of my favorite characters in FE7. Super useful caster/healer, a personality that's not boring with proper justifications for it, and an almost endearing materialistic attitude, with plausible reasoning. She's a super fun character.

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
Alright so after using him for a little while and FINALLY figuring out how to use hover, I definitely think Mewtwo could be a main for me. A lot of options, fun combos, and just a lot of fun to play in general. I'm pretty excited right now. The other option is lucas but I'm just not as invested in him as I am with Mewtwo.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Also @ mimgrim mimgrim Serra is super awesome and I didn't realize until now you were using avatars of her. Honestly one of my favorite characters in FE7. Super useful caster/healer, a personality that's not boring with proper justifications for it, and an almost endearing materialistic attitude, with plausible reasoning. She's a super fun character.
Yeah Serra is a hoot, and easily my fave character in FE7. I basically can't not use her in a playthrough (much like Olivia in Awakening or Nephenee in the Tellius games or Joshua in SS) despite Priscilla being objectively better as a unit cause mount (though I tend to use both anyway).

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I secondary Lucas because I can't main Kumatora. Also I suck at models so the skin won't happen until she has a head.
PMDT pls

SpiderMad

Smash Master
tl;dr: 'No special snowflakes'. ...Mentalities like that make me want the silence of any pricks who act on them/stuff like 'No SAY in the matter for resentful filth and self-serving garbage, so git gud at shutting your traps and succeeding without a word you little ****s' to be the rule rather than the exception.
I lost ya
So throughout most of my pre-adult life, I just kinda assumed people were mostly joking when they talked about waifus.

And then I met someone who, quite literally, was in actual love with an anime girl. I felt pity, but...I guess he was happy? I dunno, maybe the issue was that he wasn't happy in the first place, and yet felt like he had no other option and had deluded himself into being happy. Not sure, and I guess it's not my place to psychoanalyze that sort of thing. I became enlightened, and decided that I'd pretend to keep believing that waifus are just an ironic/unserious concept and always used as a joke, because the reality of what I saw was just rather bleak, to be honest.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, this tequila is goddamn terrible and I feel terrible that my Tuesday night involved it in any way, shape, or form.
Have you seen people's avatars here?

There's dozens of documentaries out there on relationships with Dolls, Virtual girls, and so on. With Japan having gone pitiful. It's screwed up like a lot of things are, and will probably lead you to analyze deeper concepts.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

I guess this here Caster Gun is waifu material

hot damn

Smooth Criminal

Helsong

Smash Ace
Yeah Serra is a hoot, and easily my fave character in FE7. I basically can't not use her in a playthrough (much like Olivia in Awakening or Nephenee in the Tellius games or Joshua in SS) despite Priscilla being objectively better as a unit cause mount (though I tend to use both anyway).
Priscilla's interesting, but Serra's far too flavorful for me to outright ignore. Her personality is very vibrant while still having enough complexities to keep her from being overly obnoxious.

I'm the exact same way with Nephenee, seriously. I think because she's got an interesting design, kicks serious amounts of ass with a decently well-rounded statblock(in games where specializing is often better than being well-rounded), and was the first soldier unit you could use in FE. And fortunately, the mook class turned out to be a bit of a monster when she's on your side.

Half you seen people's avatars here?

There's dozens of documentaries out there on relationships with Dolls, Virtual girls, so on. With Japan having gone pitiful. It's screwed up like a lot of things are, and will probably lead you to analyze deeper concepts.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not denying the existence of such things, just that I don't bother thinking about them and try my best to ignore it. That being said, I do think calling it simply pitiful isn't doing the issue justice-there's a lot of issues and cultural pressures wrapped up in that phenomenon, and it usually boils down to societal pressures and upbringing moreso than personal choices. I've seen the "deeper concepts" this stuff usually entails-but you don't need to look at waifus to see that. Just look at any sort of escapist attitude and you'll find roughly the same set of circumstances and issues that lead to it, no need for waifus.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Ok so
I'm not going to link it
But if that super sikrit youtube video of SOJ vs Emu in 3.6 is using the real 3.6 announcer, I'm gonna puke
honestly sounds like a 15 year old in the throes of puberty recorded it

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
A lot of FGC and Smash heads are garbage who can't channel their anger in acceptable/efficient ways.
That.... doesn't really tell my anything.

I meant context as in why the guy got mad enough to punch the other guy. As in what made him mad.

Priscilla's interesting, but Serra's far too flavorful for me to outright ignore. Her personality is very vibrant while still having enough complexities to keep her from being overly obnoxious.
My only really complaint about Serra is that only one of her supports (the one with Oswin specifically) that end in a paired ending (which I believe are all romantic ones) really makes you think their might be a paired ending there. Especially her support with Mathew, I feel like they could have done a much better job with it, espically since the actual ending is good but damn their support conversation just don't fit with it in my eyes (her support with Erk is decent but the paired ending still feels out of the left field). Meanwhile two other supports that were very well written and actually could have hinted at a paired ending (Hector and Lucius) that also provided back-story for her actually didn't end up as paired endings.

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre

That's the problem with irony : if you behave ironically all the time then you become the thing you're trying to make fun of.

That only hides it for you anyway btw
well ok then, I guess I'll burn my eyes on my own nickname for the next eleven months and twenty five days
:T

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Ok so
I'm not going to link it
But if that super sikrit youtube video of SOJ vs Emu in 3.6 is using the real 3.6 announcer, I'm gonna puke
Is there a backup cause the old one got deleted and the reddit thread just got nuked

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Wikileaks, why are you not on this game? Get your focking priorities straight y0.

3dit: So, I've been leveling up my cardistry skills with some 1337 one-handed cuts. On top of that, I almost secured a well paying job at about 11 bucks an hour. On top of THAT, I've regained some of my spontaneous mojo in conversation and have learned to tap into my internet persona when life has me in a nervous chokehold. My journey to becoming a handsome peculiarly-talented devil of mass debauchery is slowly coming to fruition. Oh yeah, and I finally found 2 Sm4sh mains/secondaries that I've spent actual time learning. So that's pretty nice.

@ mimgrim mimgrim , this game needs joshua. For all we know, he could be the only counter to Dunban in 3.6.:yeahboi::yeahboi::yeahboi:

:yeahboi:

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Yeah I woke up to the thread already nuked and the video privatized. Pls no linkerino. I'm so sick of ppl posting about leaks.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I still say leaking mods is a silly concept in the first place.
I never even thought of it until the later versions of PM came along. I think it was around 2.6 and Turbo Tuesday that brought in all the content thirsty people lmao.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
chanboards are better than reddit by a landfill.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
So why was SOJ in the video? Did someone share the video without him realizing?
Emu is pmdt?
----------
SC2 LotV looks really cool. The engagements are slower and you can out micro a bigger army with lots of the new stuff. Lots of expanding, ect.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Ok so
I'm not going to link it
I like lurking on 4chan because every time pm is mentioned on the boards, some guy comes in to leak cool stuff.

Last time, all he did was ***** about the new announcer.

...yeaaah, not too reassuring

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The PM scene here in San Antonio is so lazy at time it feels. Like today I'm going to have a lot of free time since we are bombing and spraying out the place for flees. So I try to get some of them to meet up with me so we can play. Not a single reply back. And I have a hard time believing everyone of them is busy today.

Me sad. I have nothing better to do today and I can't get anyone to meet up and plwy Smash with. ;_;

Top Bottom