• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Somebody will probably make an add on for the old announcer.

In other words, if you don't like it, it takes nearly zero effort on your part to fix.

I hope that we get a new PM menu them, to complement the current one, so I can put the to play 50/50. It is just so different from the original menu themes, so mixing it in is a bit weird, but I also wouldn't want to set it to 100%.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
My brother and I have decided to get netplay
He's gonna set it up tomorrow, maybe I'll finally get the chance to play against some of you people after work

Edit: **** I forgot I need an adapter to use the GC controller
Guess I'll have him look for one tomorrow

Edit2: Wait aren't those things rare

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
My brother and I have decided to get netplay
He's gonna set it up tomorrow, maybe I'll finally get the chance to play against some of you people after work

Edit: **** I forgot I need an adapter to use the GC controller
Guess I'll have him look for one tomorrow

Edit2: Wait aren't those things rare
Get a Mayflash 4-port. Same quality and has Dolphin native support while allowing you to use it for other non-Dolphin things and for a better price.

Edit: plus with switching it to PC mode you should be able to use it with older versions of Dolphin that don't support the native adapter (ie. 652 and the reason I don't touch netplay because uggghhh so outdated).

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
The PM scene here in San Antonio is so lazy at time it feels. Like today I'm going to have a lot of free time since we are bombing and spraying out the place for flees. So I try to get some of them to meet up with me so we can play. Not a single reply back. And I have a hard time believing everyone of them is busy today.

Me sad. I have nothing better to do today and I can't get anyone to meet up and plwy Smash with. ;_;
Chris will be at ooples I'll probably show up depending on when Will gets back today.

SA is really lazy though, and it's starting to piss me off

edit: ohmygodfallout4trailerpls

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
I just realized I've been playing PM for 8 months now

How time flies
Lol, I've been to tournaments for about a year and a half, become a high level player in my state, am TOing weeklies, and still feel like I'm a fresh face to the scene sometimes.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I don't like Smash 4 because I'm bad, I feel like a grumpy old man talking with my friends about how I'd do well if it was PM or Melee.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Chris will be at ooples I'll probably show up depending on when Will gets back today.

SA is really lazy though, and it's starting to piss me off

edit: ohmygodfallout4trailerpls
WHY NEITHER OF YOU REPLIED TO MET ON FB AKSDGJHRAHTJFJKJYGJ!?

If someone is actually gonna be there I'll see about heading toward there now/soonish. Yeeeeah.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
At the SA scene thing: Welcome to the entire state of South Carolina, where friendlies are about once a month. ;_;

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I think I have broken a kid's spirit from my incessant **** talking.

All I have to do is win this weekend and the ritual will be complete.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
: O ok, got most of the painting done. not making the nozzle bits for the air tanks, just painting the top silver (lolz, you can totally tell those are just old soda bottles).

the proxy balsa wood blades look pretty legit, imo. not sure on the boxes, themselves, yet. still waiting on them to dry. probably shouldn't have put a dark undercoat on, but i'm not keeping these after this con, tbh...

so, all in all, the blade boxes for the 3dgear are pretty much set and done, just need to glue faux blades in tonight/tomorrow and set up the rigging so it'll stay on my harness.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Collection complete :D.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
WHY NEITHER OF YOU REPLIED TO MET ON FB AKSDGJHRAHTJFJKJYGJ!?

If someone is actually gonna be there I'll see about heading toward there now/soonish. Yeeeeah.
Cause i'm busy telling austin that it's dumb of them to remove out of towners from their PR atm

Edit: and practicing my pm tech skill by playing splatoon

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Serious question for the PMdevs:

why randall still exists?

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
gimping tether recoveries out of nowhere and randonly saving people when they rightfully should have died

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
Question about Mewtwo, do I have to set R to Jump in order to play him well? Right now I use R to wavedash, waveland, and shield, but I watched Emu's guide and he has R set to jump in order to gain access to the C stick during hover. It definitely makes hover easier but I can't wavedash or waveland as well at all. I know it's preferable to play peach with Claw style or R to jump but for Mewtwo is it realistic to play him well at all without it?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Nice low res unreleased Zelda background for your new high res monitors.
?

My background is the same resolution as my monitors.

Edit: Also I have like 30 backgrounds. It cycles.

Last edited:

trashparent

Smash Rookie
Question about Mewtwo, do I have to set R to Jump in order to play him well? Right now I use R to wavedash, waveland, and shield, but I watched Emu's guide and he has R set to jump in order to gain access to the C stick during hover. It definitely makes hover easier but I can't wavedash or waveland as well at all. I know it's preferable to play peach with Claw style or R to jump but for Mewtwo is it realistic to play him well at all without it?
Play with whatever controls are best for you. I would keep the R button for wavedashing though. Have you tried hovering using the L button?

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
chanboards are better than reddit by a landfill.
What a grand time to be alive in that I can hear a sentence like that and have it be unironically correct!
The dog will die and millions will grieve.
The dog always dies, that's getting a Newbery Medal 101.
gimping tether recoveries out of nowhere and randonly saving people when they rightfully should have died
Git gud at exploiting stage hazards, casul.

Last edited:

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
Play with whatever controls are best for you. I would keep the R button for wavedashing though. Have you tried hovering using the L button?
I use the L button for L cancelling so no matter what trigger I change I'm going to have to do something I don't like haha. I think I'll just try to use default until I feel like I'm really limited and then I'll go from there.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Serious question for the PMdevs:

why randall still exists?
Why don Randall no exits.

He exists because melee he is a predictable platform, if you pay attention to the stage he isn't random at all.

Top Bottom