• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
So if I win this sm4sh tournament in 2 days, Ill get a benq gaming monitor and a "fancy pen"

Okay then

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
are they actually good or are they boring like most peoples?
I mean
The mouse is wireless and has 2 extra buttons below the wheel, presumably for navigating pages
But I'm not technically savvy enough to know much

Also the keyboard is wireless too, and I got this huge speaker thing normally for use with notebooks in front of my TV monitor

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Okay well it turns out project mate has ended up doing his fair share now, and apologized for not doing so sooner since he's been focusing on his studying for exams so everything is going good.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I mean
The mouse is wireless and has 2 extra buttons below the wheel, presumably for navigating pages

Also the keyboard is wireless too, and I got this huge speaker thing normally for use with notebooks in front of my TV monitor
bruh, the forward/back browser buttons on the side of my mouse are so tip tier. i feel so confused when i have to use mice that lack those.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Okay well it turns out project mate has ended up doing his fair share now, and apologized for not doing so sooner since he's been focusing on his studying for exams so everything is going good.
you should hide dogs in the images, though. just to teach him a lesson about worrying you.

edit: i'm incredibly dumb. sorry about the double post, strong bad sama D :

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
He's not a scumbag,
~

Last edited:

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
I mean

if its wireless and under $80 it probably sucks :)

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Something snapped in my mousewheel and it is super loose, so I zoom in and out erratically during important moments in DotA2 and SC2.

My mom had we write nice letters to all my teacher, and all of them were pretty sincere, bar one.
My math teacher goes beyond being dislikable, she is practically scary. Impersonal and unfriendly 100% of the time, mediocre teacher, laughs at only her own jokes, which are mean spirited. I just wrote that her class was challenging and caused me to improve.

I was finishing a test and the bell rang when I was on the 2nd to last problem, 6th root of a complex number.
There are 6 answers and I found 4 of 6 at that point. In that type of problem you are done with the math part early in the problem and I just needed to write down the other 1/3 of my answers. Instead of just saying no, she had to personally attack me by saying that if I knew the answers I would have finished by then. Thing is I definitely know how to work the problems, because I wrote out extensive notes on how to do them from the book and studied them a good 3 hrs because her teaching was mediocre for the past week and a half.

If anyone needs info on complex to polar, roots/powers of complex numbers and multiplying dividing complex numbers, or even just trig identities, my study notes are ****ing amazing and I'll give them to you.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
@ MechWarriorNY MechWarriorNY What's the term that some old philosopher would call over-esteemed and praised people, where he believed that nobody should become a celebrity [the term he used] ?

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Uh...Bourgeois?
I'm not sure, you'll have to name the dude, I'm not THAT good at remembering specifics.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Uh...Bourgeois?
I'm not sure, you'll have to name the dude, I'm not THAT good at remembering specifics.
Nah, I haven't been able to think who since I heard it years ago. Aristotle, Plato, or something. Didn't believe in one person being praised a lot, like a musician. He believed "blanks" shouldn't exist in society/culture.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
Aren't bourgeois rich french people or something?

Edit - Middle class people that do the work. RIP me remembering. I still remember what peninsulares are though.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
In French, the bourgeoisie translates to "those from the borough". In Marxist theory, the bourgeoisie are the people who oppress the proletariat by manipulating capitalist society into reinforcing a specific power structure, with them on top.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Nah, I haven't been able to think who since I heard it years ago. Aristotle, Plato, or something. Didn't believe in one person being praised a lot, like a musician. He believed "blanks" shouldn't exist in society/culture.
Aristotle isn't it, he didn't believe in innate ideas. Maybe it is Hobbes? He is often presented as a contrast to Locke who was big on people being born with a tabula rasa, or blank slate.

But Hobbes makes no sense because the powerful authoritarian leader would clearly be a subject of praise.

Last edited:

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
Find a character with a ton of options that you can grow into. For me technical characters are pretty enjoyable due to their tight gameplay (also one of the reasons Squirtle feels kind of bad to me. He's technical but slippery af).

Have you tried Squirtle, PSI kids, Fox, Wolf, Lucario, Diddy? You'll have to put in some work for them but they're enjoyable
This is really good advice and it made sense right away to me. Thanks! I'm playing around with Mewtwo and Lucas right now, Lucas seems really unnatural and hard to pick up but Mewtwo is a lot of fun.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Focusing on the game was harder than I thought it would be, I hate people who naturally dont get tournament nerves

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Honestly I would watch more death battles if I didn't hate the voice for Boomstick. Its just like, why

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Focusing on the game was harder than I thought it would be, I hate people who naturally dont get tournament nerves
I feel like I just get really dumb when I play against people at tournaments. I'm not really nervous at first, but I make way more tech mistakes and I get nervous because I look like I removed all of my practice in one second.

One time I was doing really well against someone and I SDed around 3 times and lost.

Bleck

Smash Master
Something something "Give them cake." somethins something social studies.
The phrase is "let them eat cake". It's widely (but falsely) attributed to Marie Antoinette; a famous princess, when told that the peasants have no bread to eat, replies "then let them eat cake". It's supposed to illustrate that the rich have no idea what it's like to be poor (which is as depressingly relevant today as it was then).

D

Deleted member

So I've been spending a couple of hours finishing up my Art final, which is a claymation.

The claymation is about Hitler's first day at Highschool, and the mischief that follows.

Yeah, I'm gonna fail.

MLGF

Smash Lord
The waifu thing makes me feel weird having a girl avatar :/

Meeeh

Top Bottom