• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Speaking of FE, I've been playing FE7 a lot recently because my younger brother bought it on the Wii U. I recently promoted Lyn and have been using her as a swordmaster (I mean I think they have the same peak stats anyway) and she's wrecking shop. Her critical is awesome and she's just a cool character.
Lyn is basically a Swordmaster but without having what a Swordmaster has (+15 Crit bonus) and instead gains access to bows (lol). She is a good unit and since she is forced in certain chapters it is generally a good idea to train her but she is still basically just a worst Swordmaster upon promotion. I almost never use Guy anyway since he has to compete with other sword users when you probably need other weapons at that point (Eliwood is forced in all chapters in his mode, otherwise a specific few in Hector's mode, Lyn is forced in a certain few chapters as well meaning training them helps makes things easier, then you have other characters who can use swords and another weapon, like Sain and Kent, and then you get Raven later who is a better sword unit overall). Karrel is overshadowed by Harken because Brave Sword > Wo Dao and Karla requires training a bad unit (Bartre) to, at least, a level 5 Warrior to get and you don't get her till end-game where Jaffar is just straight up godlike and 10x better late-game pre-promote. Swordmasters are basically non-existant in this game, anyway, meaning her being a worst Swordmaster doesn't really show.

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace
Guys PM needs to put our money where our mouth is and support our TOs and support our loca-

Is anyone else getting sick of Melee players repeating the same thing for the last six months?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i saw a fledgeling bluejay hopping around on my stair landing when i came in from errands today : o i tried calling animal control, but they're closed today (jerks!). my gf helped me corral it into some bushes, so away from the parking lot it was originally trying to hop around.

i wanted to catch it and set it up higher in a tree, but it got inside the bushes on its own and it has some pretty mad hops, so it could get in the lower trees around there on its own. then we saw some adult jays flitting around in the taller trees above it, not making any threatening sounds or trying to dive at it, so i'm hoping those are its parents and it'll end up ok.

bluejays are pretty much my favorite bird, so i was a little hopeful that i'd get to hold it for a little bit to get it somewhere safe, but i'm fine as long as it's not in immediate danger anymore.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i think my one of my most favorite things in the world is the salt from melee elitists who try to play PM as a 1:1 to melee, lose, then complain about how janky PM is

pm =/= melee rofl

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Your first mistake was caring how those sorts of idiots feel not counting getting a kick out of their immaturity.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Guys PM needs to put our money where our mouth is and support our TOs and support our loca-

Is anyone else getting sick of Melee players repeating the same thing for the last six months?
I mean, I still see people getting all mad when tourneys drop PM and accuse TOs of selling out(often the same people who have no idea what it takes to run big events), though. But yeah, the constant back and forth and repeating the same thing just gets super tiresome. The PM community is doing what it can, but it's a bit hard when the situation is stacked against the game-and the people who lecture us don't quite seem to understand this completely. PM players vent frustrations, others become tired of it and give them a lecture, and we don't really make any steps forward, woo.

i think my one of my most favorite things in the world is the salt from melee elitists who try to play PM as a 1:1 to melee, lose, then complain about how janky PM is

pm =/= melee rofl
I mean.
If you don't play a game or try to learn it.
How the **** do you expect to win at it?
It's not Melee, it's PM, learn to play PM.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I like how some of the more elitist Smash players completely disregard other fighters and the fundamentals inherent to them. Apparently they're boring campfests all about chucking fireballs and "random" limbs. They also look at you funny when you mention stuff like option selects, wakeup/oki, resets, and whatnot, and when you apply those definitions as they fit in Smash.

Thank God it's a ****ing teensy tiny subset of people.

Smooth Criminal

SunJester

Smash Ace

pm =/= melee rofl
I had a dream about this last night. I don't even know why. I was trying to explain that Melee is full of jank, but they're USED to that jank. Could you imagine the ****-fest they would spew if Peach's D-Smash or Stitchface was new to PM?

I mean, I still see people getting all mad when tourneys drop PM and accuse TOs of selling out(often the same people who have no idea what it takes to run big events), though. But yeah, the constant back and forth and repeating the same thing just gets super tiresome. The PM community is doing what it can, but it's a bit hard when the situation is stacked against the game-and the people who lecture us don't quite seem to understand this completely. PM players vent frustrations, others become tired of it and give them a lecture, and we don't really make any steps forward, woo
Exactly. Its redundant and unneeded. The PM community has stepped up big time and has been hosting tournaments left and right. Shots Fired, Aftershock, Sandstorm, The Colorado Tournament, McSmashter, Shuffle VII, That Aussie Tournament, That one tournament earlier in the year I forget its name but it had like Ally and Prof Pro. There's been nearly 10 tournaments this year with 100+ entrants and a lot of them were first time PM-centric tournaments.

Streaming is a bit tough, but the revelation of patreon is going to be huge for our streams.

What we need to focus on right now is making sure that Paragon beats Apex 2014's PM entrants. I want 500+ people at Paragon and I know we can do it. Lets treat Paragon as our major, this guy took a hit for us, the least we can do is show up in spades.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I like how some of the more elitist Smash players completely disregard other fighters and the fundamentals inherent to them. Apparently they're boring campfests all about chucking fireballs and "random" limbs. They also look at you funny when you mention stuff like option selects, wakeup/oki, resets, and whatnot, and when you apply those definitions as they fit in Smash.

Smooth Criminal
yeah, even sfiv can be interesting at high level play, once you understand what each side is looking for.

"understand" being the key term.

it's probably a lot like how the tfg community looked down on melee for the longest time, since they didn't understand what they were supposed to be looking for, so as far as they could see, it was just two guys running back and forth and making random hits on each other.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

Smooth Criminal
Dude tell me about. IT's also funny that they think Wavedashing is a melee/PM only technique where other FG's such as Tekken(Character exclusive) , Soul Calibur( character exclusive but not as useful as Tekken's) and Marvel 2/ UMVC3/ TVC has it as well. Melee has blindind the crap outta smash nerds so that anything that's not flashy combos and zero deaths is bad LMAO.

Also on pokemon talk Typholsion and Tropius or bust.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
*snip* ...so as far as they could see, it was just two guys running back and forth and making random hits on each other.
Just like in regular fighting games.
Isn't that funny? They're similar enough that it's moot, but nope, free will and morons being allowed to have say in things, now hold all these opinions that keep folks from progressing as a whole. ...Humans being allowed to be willfully-ignorant narrow-minded jerks is a mistake.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I'm gonna start calling you Captain Crash if you run that joke into the ground any harder.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
says the guy with 50% of his posts consisting of forehead wiping images.

#shots
#settleitinsmash
#antagonisingandfishingforlikesishowiroll

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Smooth Criminal
To be fair, Street Fighter is pretty damn boring to watch.

Any other fighter is fine, though.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
To be fair, Street Fighter is pretty damn boring to watch.

Any other fighter is fine, though.
Low to mid level SF is boring.

High level SF is a ****ing work of art.

@ CORY CORY

Yeah, understanding is a big thing. You're right about that. Taking the time to learn/understand, however, is another.

Not getting down on anybody that has their preferences, mind.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
Cyndaquil is best Mystery Dungeon Pokemon, lel.
Mainly cause Smokescreen is busted as hell in that game against boss Pokemon, but it's adorable as all hell as a plus.

If we're talking about design, look to the left of this post and you will see the light.

I try to keep away from traditional FG vs Smash discussions because most of it is people being ignorant of the consequences of losing neutral (see UMvC) and the resulting constant baiting with weaving and playing it safe. Or other nice flaws people tend to have that prevent them from seeing the reason behind certain plays.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
i saw a fledgeling bluejay hopping around on my stair landing when i came in from errands today : o i tried calling animal control, but they're closed today (jerks!). my gf helped me corral it into some bushes, so away from the parking lot it was originally trying to hop around.

i wanted to catch it and set it up higher in a tree, but it got inside the bushes on its own and it has some pretty mad hops, so it could get in the lower trees around there on its own. then we saw some adult jays flitting around in the taller trees above it, not making any threatening sounds or trying to dive at it, so i'm hoping those are its parents and it'll end up ok.

bluejays are pretty much my favorite bird, so i was a little hopeful that i'd get to hold it for a little bit to get it somewhere safe, but i'm fine as long as it's not in immediate danger anymore.
Is Project M the fledgling BlueJay? Please free associate some more.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
...Sorry that I got snippy like that. I'm usually pretty good at processing and instantly letting go of anger, but even I get wrathful on occasion in spite of that. My b!

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Is Project M the fledgling BlueJay? Please free associate some more.
no, it was literally a fledgling bluejay. i took pictures. i almost went to video, but picture mode was already up (and i'm not sure you guys would be able to process how high my voice went when i saw it trying to fly, but only flailing up into a wall).

edit: a lot of my worry for it is that dallas is getting A LOT of rain right now, and i didn't want it to be ground level and getting super soaked or something.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Low to mid level SF is boring.

High level SF is a ****ing work of art.
Then I've never seen high level SF and am merely oblivious.

Would you be so kind as to enlighten me to something that will make my toes clench in anticipation, good sir?

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
Nah high level SF4 is still boring. The thing that grinds my gears about SF4 and why I believe it's a great entry level fighting game and nothing more is that there are so few universal options that it becomes a game that is so dependent on the "character vs character" rather than becoming a full "player vs player" which is what I personally enjoy about fighting games. I come from a tekken background where there are lots of universal options but more importantly there are multiple options in a given moment that could be "correct". I could go on and on but basically I just don't like SF4.

Top Bottom