• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

CORY

wut
BRoomer
when you guys picked your main, was it an "AHA" moment or was it more of a gradual "i like this character" and then just slowly phasing out all the others but your main in serious play/practice? the general scrub level of like "picking a main" is the most frustrating part of fighting games for me because i end up liking a lot of characters but never LOVING one in particular. curious to see what you guys think
in melee, i don't even know how i decided on mains. i jumped around a lot, and ended up mostly using doc at the end.

in pm, mario was kinda doc, but not really and i liked brawl ganon as well as played pit in brawl, so i started using ganon, lucario and pit in the first released build. ended up maining lucario during his "everything links to forcepalm forever" phase, developed terrible habits for him, and then dropped him after that. picked up pit the next patch, but never really "felt" him (i also still played ganon a lot this whole time). eventually pit just wasn't fun for me, so i just went solo ganon and never looked back.

it helped that pmdt was constantly doing things to make him more fun (in the process of buffing him to be a better character), so the utilt was an amazing time, then the float and dodge buff just made him (at least) a decent character and even more fun at the same time. i kinda think about picking up a secondary every now and again, but then i realize i don't have much time to play this game, so i just stick to ganon and keep fine tuning what i can with him and hard read everything and feel like a real man when it works.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Having serious hand problems, despite stretching twice a day and completely reconstructing how I grip the control with my left hand to easily tension/stop wrist pronation. Think retirement isnt going to be a choice now, I don't want to **** up my hand for the rest of my life just to follow an amazing hobby.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
The other guy looks to be Doom, and they have on their heads the nets that come from a certain squishy fruit; I forget the name of it. I ate it once though and it kind of sucked.

What's the NRS? Where did he talk about this, cus that's crazy

A good chunk of the PM 3.5 cast is/becomes boring. Diddy in PM and Falco in Melee is the way to go. I love them. I've generally picked characters that others beat me with.

If you're having trouble choosing one, playing against someone who constantly beats you should allow you to focus on one.

circumcision what? are you circumcised?
NRS= Nether Realm Studios and the winner of Combo Breaker was a Tester for MKX and they have a testers can't enter tourneys for like 3-6 months grace period. Twitter is a good source of finding dirt from time to time.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
guys

so I did the Pit thing in tourney today

I played against some Yoshi player and won game one

after losing game two I switched to Jiggs for game three

my last stock my ****ing shield got broken

remind me to gfycat it sometime because it was all on stream

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Stop playing borken games in the first place and you won't have to fix them, huh?

And *** u I will. I don't need a CRT for Starcraft MOM.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
lmao, it's gonna take twice the work to fix Smash 4 than Brawl

and at that point I don't know what you're even creating
i'm honestly just surprised they got the start for hacking it already. wonder if nintendo will backdoor close the exploits so you can't do anything at all with newer versions or something like that.

or make your system brick if it's modded, which would be real extreme, but who knows...

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Having serious hand problems, despite stretching twice a day and completely reconstructing how I grip the control with my left hand to easily tension/stop wrist pronation. Think retirement isnt going to be a choice now, I don't want to **** up my hand for the rest of my life just to follow an amazing hobby.

Bleck

Smash Master
oh man custom Smash 4 mods? I can't wait for a 1:1 Melee Fox clone and l-canceling and all of the other stupid bull****

You should see a doctor.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
oh man custom Smash 4 mods? I can't wait for a 1:1 Melee Fox clone and l-canceling and all of the other stupid bull****

You should see a doctor.
making an appointment in the morning. Going to just agree with the doc telling me to stop doing what hurts, and ask for a wrist brace or something.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
****ing pleb tier smashboards theme and why the **** do you have 26 youtube tabs open
Half of them are Melee matches/analysis that I want to watch all so equally I don't want to "Watch Later" them. The rest is random Youtube recommendations I keep opening since they know my interests (TED Talks, sexual topics/documentaries from all over the place I don't even know, Bill Hicks/Joe Rogan..), all of this stuff I have no clue if it goes to PMDepot subscribers feed when I Like/Fav. I still like how I made a Brawl playlist then just used it to save random videos
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLovBMkMLex7y_zMW0WzrG_-zctGh2vlQ4

This theme seems to be best. Best on eyes? Closest to OG Smashboards? Good contrast to Youtube/reddit (original theme there too)? This theme is closest to my emotions while I post stuff, and pry goes with my blue text color, sig, and avatar the best.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
so, i just put together most of the parts for my first 3dgear blade holder and... it's huge ;x didn't plan this out well.

probably only going to be used this akon, then just remake new ones with the knowledge gained from this attempt (and also make them more like the movie version).

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
So did I just get lucky with genes or something? I see people complaining all the time about getting hand pain from playing, yet I've been intensely playing video games nearly every day for like the past 8+ years of my life. More than 8, but the past 8 have been more demanding games that use the whole hand with controllers, CoD and smash in particular, and before that were mixes of computer games (mostly runescape), more smash for hours a day though only as a casual and idk for how long, it was probably around when I was 12 in 2005 for awhile, took a break, then brawl came out and I got addicted to that. And lots of pokemon in there too. But even just from playing more intensely these past 8 years (I used to get like anywhere from 4 to 14 hours of CoD in depending on the time of year, and super intensely playing smash these past 3 years, talking a few hours to 10 hours a day) the most pain I've felt in my hands could be described as similar to growing pains. It's never painful in particular to play, they feel a little worn out after a full day of playing which is slightly painful but then it's back to normal after a couple days, so long as I don't continue the 12-hour a day pace. I even work on top of that, stocking milk at Wal-mart, which requires a fair bit of wrist usage to move the milk jugs, since obv you stock them by the jug, one per hand, rather than by a crate which would let you use a lot of arm strength. I've never really done any stretching exercises (except recently because I want to avoid wrist problems for as long as possible) or tried to watch diet/nutrient intake to help my body manage damage as well as possible. I also type a **** ton. I wonder if it is just a genes related things, I hope so.

I also seem to have my dad's "teeth genes" or w/e that would be. Despite occasional periods of godawful oral hygiene and a soda saturated diet, I rarely get cavities. I think I've had like 3 in my lifetime, all when I was pretty young, like 12 then 14.

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
@ DrinkingFood DrinkingFood : it's not really about genes but yeah it's related to luck. A lot of common articular pain problems can be avoided with good posture and breathing. Some people have it naturally, some people dont, some people lose it during some event of their life. There are helping and aggravating factors but in the end how you stand, sit, sleep and breathe decide for most of it.

Source : all the people I treat daily.

On an unrelated note is there some kind of way to connect a wii to a VGA or HDMI port ? Edit : nvm I was just using the bad keywords on google.

Last edited:

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Soooo, I keep getting horrid in-game stutter no matter what I try, and I'm not computer-literate so not sure how to fix it. Hell, I could just about tell you how Facebook works. :p I'm pretty certain my laptop can handle PM; heck it can handle other Wii games and recent PC games too. I keep getting people leaving early though because we both can't play through the stutter. Not sure what to do, but these are ze specz:

NVidia GeForce 840M
Intel Core i5-5200U
8GB RAM/2GB Video RAM
App for faster wireless speed
Acer Aspire V 15 Touch

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
the only time I've ever felt hand pain due to smash was when I tried to play melee after going bowling and my entire arm and hand hurt like hell

the only time I've ever felt pain like that before was when I went back to playing string bass after like a month off, I would usually wear an wrist brace while getting back into the feel of playing bass and rebuilding the muscle tone in my forearm

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
In some conversations there is no specific functional or informative element at all. The following example of small talk is between two colleagues who pass each other in a hallway:

William: Morning, Paul.
Paul: Oh, morning, William, how are you?
William: Fine, thanks. Have a good weekend?
Paul: Yes, thanks. Catch you later.
William: OK, see you.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
In some conversations there is no specific functional or informative element at all. The following example of small talk is between two colleagues who pass each other in a hallway:

William: Morning, Paul.
Paul: Oh, morning, William, how are you?
William: Fine, thanks. Have a good weekend?
Paul: Yes, thanks. Catch you later.
William: OK, see you.
If someone asks me how I am on steam, I'm going to be honest, I just ignore them for this very same reason.

e; the conversation never evolves from hi how are you, okay good around 85% of the time so it's just not worth bothering imo lol

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
What's going on with PM GFs these days...?
First one gets cancelled, then another had to be finished outside the venue.

Then you have Oregon.
Why
10why
1.0 x 10^9001WHY

mimgrim

Smash Hero
sounds like someone is salty cause they never got an all stat up
You do realize that Donnel has a special skill that raises his growth rates to absurd amounts right? Making all stats level ups for him pretty common?

Get back to me when you get an all stat level up on someone like Lissa.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
are we really having a big **** contest over rng stat increases in a tactical rpg

really

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Speaking of FE, I've been playing FE7 a lot recently because my younger brother bought it on the Wii U. I recently promoted Lyn and have been using her as a swordmaster (I mean I think they have the same peak stats anyway) and she's wrecking shop. Her critical is awesome and she's just a cool character.

What I'm saying is I'm really looking forward to Dante from the Devil May Cry series being playable eventually in PM.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
You do realize that Donnel has a special skill that raises his growth rates to absurd amounts right? Making all stats level ups for him pretty common?

Get back to me when you get an all stat level up on someone like Lissa.
I run no aptitude donnel because masochism

Get rekd

Top Bottom