• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i warned you guys.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Liquid Nuckledue won Combo Breaker for USF4 beating Ricki Ortiz 3-1 and Zero Won Smash 4 at Combo Breaker beating Coco 3-0. Now it's MKX top 8 at Combo Breaker.

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

EDIT:

Anyone going to CEO you should get a kick outta this trailer especially if you play SF.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I understand how responsibility for actions works
jolteon could be gluing his hands over leafeon's.

or using some weird gloves.

also, update: i tried to eat another of the brownies by myself, rather than splitting it with my gf. i almost died.

#noragrets

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
jolteon could be gluing his hands over leafeon's.

or using some weird gloves.

also, update: i tried to eat another of the brownies by myself, rather than splitting it with my gf. i almost died.

#noragrets
Assert dominance by eating all the brownies

Also that would be jolteon touching leaf

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
To all my fellow coffee drinkers: What do you brew? Anything toppings/additions to your cup of joe?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
When I brew coffee I use french vanilla coffee creamer for my coffee. That's pretty much it

CORY

wut
BRoomer
sword ganon doing some work in mkx.

edit: rip sword ganon. still lose to pressure in mkx.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
To all my fellow coffee drinkers: What do you brew? Anything toppings/additions to your cup of joe?
My parents are coffee addicts and they imported coffee beans in bulk and roast them themselves to save money. we have some Peruvian coffee, there's this dark roast from Colombia that I do like. freshly roasted coffee has a much better flavor than pre grounded beans

Vashimus

Smash Master
Nice comeback from Dizzy. Pretty crazy he quit his job at NRS just so he could be allowed to play in the tournament.

Last edited:

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
when you guys picked your main, was it an "AHA" moment or was it more of a gradual "i like this character" and then just slowly phasing out all the others but your main in serious play/practice? the general scrub level of like "picking a main" is the most frustrating part of fighting games for me because i end up liking a lot of characters but never LOVING one in particular. curious to see what you guys think

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
when you guys picked your main, was it an "AHA" moment or was it more of a gradual "i like this character" and then just slowly phasing out all the others but your main in serious play/practice? the general scrub level of like "picking a main" is the most frustrating part of fighting games for me because i end up liking a lot of characters but never LOVING one in particular. curious to see what you guys think
When I first started playing I played Ness and Marth (ness pm, marth pm/melee). I was a huge scrublord, I played ness because pk fire was free in early builds and I could push buttons, Marth because thats who I learned how to dash/wd with when I was just following the scene in like 2009. I switched to fox in Melee and Link in PM (it was around 2.0-2.1 and link had free as balls dthrow chaingrabs on EVERYONE and boomerang was better than 3.02). Then at evo 2013 i went for melee (quit 0-2, lost to an AZ guy and Internetexplorer in my pool) and spent the rest of the weekend playing PM friendlies in the corner. SB/Jceaser were going to set up a bracket but didn't or something, idk. I just went random one match, got 2.5 diddy, and just went "holy **** this character is fun, I'm going to main him now." I only switched off maining diddy the 2nd half of 3.02, went back to fox/wolf. It was more of an aha moment, Diddy is just a **** loads more fun than most of the rest of the cast, and now I have more experience playing with him than anyone else (bar maybe fox) so I just stick to him. I really do love his playstyle, even though its different than what I initially fell in love with. Old diddy builds were boring as **** lame campy characters. 3.02 was free non-committal conversions for daysss, and 3.5 is horizontal control+ tech chasing out the ass. Recently I tried to dual main kirby because kirbs fills diddy's MU spread almost perfectly, and is another character I just really felt like I enjoyed the character a lot. I have no character loyalty though, I like them for the playstyle, not their design/character. I play fox in melee because he (and GnW) are the only characters I have any fun with, not because I like starfox. I've never owned a DK game other than donkey konga and junglebeat lol.

PM was more of an aha moment, Melee/brawl/64/smUsh have all just been whatever character in my inital pool of characters I enjoyed playing the most.

Bleck

Smash Master
when you guys picked your main, was it an "AHA" moment or was it more of a gradual "i like this character" and then just slowly phasing out all the others but your main in serious play/practice?
I picked Diddy as my main when/because everyone was complaining that he was OP

I switched back to Falco after they nerfed him

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I played squirtle all by myself from brawl (becuz I was a cisscumcasul 14 yr old, but started with lucario in 2.1 and immediately dropped him once squirtle came out in 2.5

I just need to overcome my psychological barrier that physically prevents me from selecting anyone but him and sometimes Ganon in tournament so that I can just cp everything already

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Uh
What does Anther (and that other person in the back) have on his head?
The other guy looks to be Doom, and they have on their heads the nets that come from a certain squishy fruit; I forget the name of it. I ate it once though and it kind of sucked.
Nice comeback from Dizzy. Pretty crazy he quit he quit his job at NRS just so he could be allowed to play in the tournament.
What's the NRS? Where did he talk about this, cus that's crazy
A good chunk of the PM 3.5 cast is/becomes boring. Diddy in PM and Falco in Melee is the way to go. I love them. I've generally picked characters that others beat me with.

If you're having trouble choosing one, playing against someone who constantly beats you should allow you to focus on one.
I played squirtle all by myself from brawl (becuz I was a cisscumcasul 14 yr oldy
circumcision what? are you circumcised?

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
The other guy looks to be Doom, and they have on their heads the nets that come from a certain squishy fruit; I forget the name of it. I ate it once though and it kind of sucked.

What's the NRS? Where did he talk about this, cus that's crazy

A good chunk of the PM 3.5 cast is/becomes boring. Diddy in PM and Falco in Melee is the way to go. I love them. I've generally picked characters that others beat me with.

cis
scum
casul

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
For me it was definitely gradual. I was getting bored of bopping people with Falco so I picked a character that I thought was really ****ing weird and unconventional; G&W. When I played PM and found out he was less terrible, he stuck. The same sorta thing ended up happening with DDD. He ended up covering some of G&W's bad match-ups, so I play him a lot too.

i thought it said that too

Last edited:
Top Bottom