• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Soft Serve

softie
Premium

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/c...smash_storyteller_commentator_amongst/ciqz97y
  1. J Dilla - Donut
  2. Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet
  3. Bonobo - Black Sands
  4. John Coltrane - Giant Steps
  5. La Roux - La Roux
  6. Nujabes - Sweet Sticky Thing
  7. Radiohead - In Rainbows
  8. Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma
  9. The Roots - Game Theory
  10. Soundgarden - Superunknown
  11. Alice In Chains - Jar of Flies
  12. Pearl Jam - Riot Act
1. Of/c
2. Need to listen more but I can't appreciate them yet
3. Of/c, not sure why he didn't also mention an Emancipator album
4. It's hard to appreciate Jazz enough to mention it as a favorite album. Prog also pry likes stuff for the backstory/originality at the time.
5. Need to listen to full album
6. Of/c
7. He apparently chose Radiohead's most experimental album? I'm not a familiar fan but I'm gonna listen to their entire disco
8. Need to listen enough to appreciate this kind of stuff like I did J Dilla
9. I got a love/hate relationship with good Rap; I can't appreciate it at its core
10. Of/c
11. I've heard more than a few of their songs and such, but not familiar on albums yet
12. Not familiar either beyond all the radio songs which made me little sick of them

I'ma be working more on listening to Prog's favs. I will go through anyone's favs. Except Tinker's, can't appreciate his weird constant guitar bands.
I don't have time to list all my favorite songs atm, I can do it later though.

Heres two of them though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htB4lsoXfVI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXjiHv-Wp3M

also **** I used my 3k message for this. actually, any post with Conor in it is worth it so I'm not even mad

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
My favorite song is probably Everlong by The Foo Fighters. Has been for years, and I really don't see it changing anytime soon.

Most of my musical taste is game music, electronica, rock, metal, and on occasion catchy pop music(it's a massive guilty pleasure).
I like that song too, but I wouldn't call it my favorite one. This one could be though, but IDK, there are many songs I like a LOT just from Deftones alone rofl:

Helsong

Smash Ace
I like that song too, but I wouldn't call it my favorite one. This one could be though, but IDK, there are many songs I like a LOT just from Deftones alone rofl:
Deftones is pretty nice. I haven't heard a whole lot of their songs, but I do appreciate what I have heard. Any albums in particular you would recommend?

I dunno what it is about Everlong. Might have been that i heard it in a very formative period in my life, so it just stuck with me. It's not even the best-composed or best-written song I've heard, but it has a profound emotional effect on me. So in a sense, it greatly succeeds as a piece of music, in my subjective view.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Deftones is pretty nice. I haven't heard a whole lot of their songs, but I do appreciate what I have heard. Any albums in particular you would recommend?

I dunno what it is about Everlong. Might have been that i heard it in a very formative period in my life, so it just stuck with me. It's not even the best-composed or best-written song I've heard, but it has a profound emotional effect on me. So in a sense, it greatly succeeds as a piece of music, in my subjective view.
The only one I wouldn't recommend much is Saturday Night Wrist. It's definetely their weakest album. The rest are all pretty good. Around the Fur, Adrenaline and Koi No Yokan are my top favorite ones. Then White Pony, Like Linus, Diamond Eyes, Deftones and Saturday Night Wrist.

The thing I like the most about them is that they manage to stay fresh without changing what makes them what they are. If you pick up two different albums (except Adrenaline and Like Linus, since the latter one is made of Adrenaline demos and some other songs) you'll see that they are all very different, but it's still Deftones.

If you like Deftones you may also like Tool:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I listen to anything, I have a new favorite song every week lmao.
I've been watching Cowboy Bebop and my favorite track from the soundtrack is this:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I don't understand how people can definitively say what their favorite song is. Outside of cases with emotional significance, I feel it's a difficult call. There's too much good music out there and too many different sounding genres with good music for me, at least, to pick. Apples and oranges and such.

If I tried I could probably post a few of my favorite songs.
But
effort

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
The only one I wouldn't recommend much is Saturday Night Wrist. It's definetely their weakest album. The rest are all pretty good. Around the Fur, Adrenaline and Koi No Yokan are my top favorite ones. Then White Pony, Like Linus, Diamond Eyes, Deftones and Saturday Night Wrist.

The thing I like the most about them is that they manage to stay fresh without changing what makes them what they are. If you pick up two different albums (except Adrenaline and Like Linus, since the latter one is made of Adrenaline demos and some other songs) you'll see that they are all very different, but it's still Deftones.

If you like Deftones you may also like Tool:
Tool is pretty excellent. I was into them back in high school, really enjoyed them. Haven't listened to them much anymore(not that I could even if I wanted to).

I don't understand how people can definitively say what their favorite song is. Outside of cases with emotional significance, I feel it's a difficult call. There's too much good music out there and too many different sounding genres with good music for me, at least, to pick. Apples and oranges and such.
For me, it's definitely emotional significance. Music is largely a very subjective experience, so you can have a "favorite", depending on your experiences listening to a song. How they make me feel when I listen to them now, how I felt when I first heard them, and how my listening experience changes as I grow older, etc.
Also, I can totally compare apples and oranges: I like oranges more. In music, the comparisons will ultimately be subjective. Obviously, this doesn't necessarily everyone can pick a favorite. Like you said, there's a lot of good music out there, and it's often easier to pick your favorite of a specific genre than an overall favorite, and everyone has different criteria.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can't play favorites when it comes to songs, I always prefer to say, "These are my favorite bands/artists", or "These are my favorite genres."

I am currently listening to ADTR right now though, perfect angsty teen music

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Every time I really like a particular soundtrack and listen to it a lot, it wears out its welcome eventually and I move on to something else even if I go back to it sometimes.

So my favorite music is so transitory it is a meaningless thing to me.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Every time I really like a particular soundtrack and listen to it a lot, it wears out its welcome eventually and I move on to something else even if I go back to it sometimes.

So my favorite music is so transitory it is a meaningless thing to me.
Maybe if you listened to music by cogent bands and artists instead of whatever game you last played, you'd get more out of it.

Personally I almost always listen to music by the album, but I can't really do this with incidental music from games and movies.
who wants to talk about rap

no? kpop? ok
Listen to one of the album's I linked.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I don't really care that much for music/songs that much aside from video-game music/songs, and even then that is mostly limited to P:M lol.

I've never been much of a music person tbh.

steelguttey

mei is bei
Maybe if you listened to music by cogent bands and artists instead of whatever game you last played, you'd get more out of it.

Personally I almost always listen to music by the album, but I can't really do this with incidental music from games and movies.

Listen to one of the album's I linked.
..vague

which one?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
My favorite song is probably Everlong by The Foo Fighters. Has been for years, and I really don't see it changing anytime soon.

Most of my musical taste is game music, electronica, rock, metal, and on occasion catchy pop music(it's a massive guilty pleasure).
everlong and hero are my favorite foo songs.

my favorite song overall is surf wax america by weezer, for kind of the same reasons you like everlong. my favorite band (overall) is probably queens of the stone age.

steelguttey

mei is bei
my favorite artists is busdriver and my favorite song is imaginary places

11 albums and that song never ceases to amaze me lmao

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I just got an idea for a dank audiovisual meme. It involves Super Smash Brothers Melee for the Nintendo GameCube and Ethan Frome.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof

This may be my favorite song? I've got a few up there.

Room on Fire is my favorite album, at least.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
The falcon circlejerk isn't even that bad on r/ssbpm.

No, you want to see character circlejerks, check out the main r/smashbros. jesus. Falcon, Ganon, anti-diddy, etc.
Or check out r/ssbm if you want unironic circlejerking over an entire game with a dash of smug superiority.
I looked there and there was good competitive discussion. Nobody ever even mentions other games.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482

Songs overtake other songs for my favorites. This one's been mine since I discovered it like 12 days after serpent eating the horizon/ground. (So pretty much January of 2014

While I like a lot of songs, the one that I like the most tends to always stay in the back of my mind. It's also the first song I choose if I don't know what to listen to at a particular moment.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer

This may be my favorite song? I've got a few up there.

Room on Fire is my favorite album, at least.
i used to love the heeeeeell out of the strokes for a good while. their quality has kinda dropped from first impressions of earth on out, imo.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Top Bottom