• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I'm almost due for a musical revision in project M. And to actually play project M

I wish we had locals. ;_;

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Not enough yeeart and too much real animation in todays Ninja Slayer wtf.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
mick gordon is on another level with fighting game OSTs, he's brilliant. a good fighting game theme should basically make sure it's a unique concept to the character while still fitting with the overall theme of the game, and mick does that while still casually working with multiple genres for the same game

best fighting games music of the modern era
Why I haven't heard this in full LMAO. Saving this for later.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
that's technically not even the "full" version, keep in mind. all of KI's themes are dynamic, that's just spliced together well enough to resemble a proper song

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
@ Player -0 Player -0 I know how you feel now lmao
A lot of your stuff caters to pretty specific tastes. I recognized almost everyone on your list (save Amesoeurs and Fauna, will check them out later), but the only ones I actually listen to with any frequency are Pink Floyd, GY!BE, Woods of Ypres, Agalloch, Maiden, Metallica, Flogging Molly, and Alcest in rough decending order.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I can't ****ing wait 'til the Season 2 soundtrack for KI comes out. If I can't support the devs with ownership of this amazing game, I can sure as hell throw money at its music. I bought Season 1's soundtrack twice to show my love.

Smooth Criminal

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
A lot of your stuff caters to pretty specific tastes. I recognized almost everyone on your list (save Amesoeurs and Fauna, will check them out later), but the only ones I actually listen to with any frequency are Pink Floyd, GY!BE, Woods of Ypres, Agalloch, Maiden, Metallica, Flogging Molly, and Alcest in rough decending order.
What kind of tastes though. A lot of it seems pretty eclectic to me.

And you should love Maiden more! They're by far my most enduring favourite band. They put on amazing live shows! Bruce is a God!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So...Apparently, Steam game developers can completely ban you from being able to play their games now.

Misbehave in a Steam game and its developer now has the ability to detect you and get you permanently banned.

Valve has opened up the possibility for developers to implement their own systems for identifying disruptive players, in addition to its own anti-cheat software.

Developers who are alerted to a player's misdeeds will then be able to instruct Valve to apply a permanent ban as punishment.

Steam explained the decision in the following announcement: "Playing games should be fun. In order to ensure the best possible online multiplayer experience, Valve allows developers to implement their own systems that detect and permanently ban any disruptive players, such as those using cheats."

Game developers inform Valve when a disruptive player has been detected in their game, and Valve applies the game ban to the account. The game developer is solely responsible for the decision to apply a game ban. Valve only enforces the game ban as instructed by the game developer.
...Huh.

Welp, this sure sounds like a really bad idea that could be very easily abused and 100% backfire.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
I have two final exams next week in physics and calculus the same day,

back to back,

starting at 7:30 AM,

on my bithday.

kill me

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

back to back,

on my bithday.

kill me

datfittingavytho

My condolences to you. Happy Birthday

Helsong

Smash Ace
@ Smooth Criminal Smooth Criminal is your new avatar the Pathfinder Sorcerer iconic, Seoni? Just curious. I used to play that system a few years back. Really enjoyed it with my other D&D 3.5e loyalist friends.

So...Apparently, Steam game developers can completely ban you from being able to play their games now.

...Huh.

Welp, this sure sounds like a really bad idea that could be very easily abused and 100% backfire.
Yeah.....I don't know what Valve is thinking. You know how this could go bad?
I'm a beginning games reviewer. I give a game from a big-name dev a bad review. They're petty as ****, and decide to ban me not only from that game, but from every other game afterwards that they put out. And just like that, my career goes down the drain. And that's just one example.
Two decisions that aren't well thought out in a matter of weeks form Valve.

back to back,

on my bithday.

kill me
As someone who's administering a final exam next week, I feel that I should give you my sincere apologies on behalf of your professors. That is incredibly sucky.
Physics and Calculus? Oh god. You're gonna be burnt out as hell, so you don't even get to enjoy yourself fully after you're done! Hang in there buddy, it'll get better.
That's a lie. It never gets better.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
@ Helsong Helsong

I want to say yes...? Galpal of mine shared it with me several moons ago when we were talking about tabletop games, and she did mention Pathfinder, so I assume so. I've never played it, personally. I'm more of a White Wolf/Onyx Path Publishing kinda guy.

I've played D&D in the past, though. Hell, my initial foray into tabletop was with 2nd Ed.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
@ Smooth Criminal Smooth Criminal Oh man, 2nd ed. I played it once, then dropped it when I realized we were spending more time messing with numbers than we were actually RPing. Also, why I don't play D&D/Pahtfinder all that much anymore. Or any D&D derivative, honestly. I did love Pathfinder during the time I spent with it, but it just kept too many of D&D's flaws to really shine.

Mutants and Masterminds 3rd ed is my thing right now. It's actually super customizable to any sort of setting, since everything is just defined as a "power" and you can safely ignore the superhero flavor without sacrificing system integrity. Flexible, adaptable, scales well, doesn't have the overabundance of dumb OP stuff that 3.5's power creep became known for. It's pretty nice. Also: less number crunching is A+.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I wonder what you would think of me if I said Exalted is one of my favorite tabletop games of all time, speaking of power creep and whatnot...

'Cause it is.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
I haven't looked too closely at Exalted, but I've heard stories. I have nothing against people who play Tabletops that have a massive power creep, but I personally refuse to play them unless it's with heavy modifications(Pathfinder E8, for example). It was fun for the first couple years of getting into pen and paper RPGs, but as I got older, I got tired of going for the powerful options and just began focusing on flavor and RP. And while those systems definitely offer ways to achieve this, most campaigns just end up devolving into a contest of who can be the most ridiculous. It just got boring.

Gave me some great stories though. Which is really why I played. The player driven shenanigans you can get into, given that you've got a flexible DM with a good sense of humor and flexibility.

Bazkip

Smash Master
We just got someone in the Montreal and Ontario PM groups pretending to be Jim Jam Flim Flam

Obviously a troll but it's entertaining though so

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Can we have an online pms DnD/Tabletop pls
That would be..interesting. I call not having to be the DM, because who knows how much hell this group would put me through.
Can't be as bad as my high school crew, though.

I was gonna do Nemissa(SMT:Devil Summoner) for my next avatar, but then I decided Inaruna looked way cooler.
Seriously, I love this artwork. Kaneko is a god.

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
I know I'm doing really well on a programming assignment when I unironically say "yay" out loud when I get an error message, just because it's a different error than the one I had been trying to fix.

wooo

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I tend to run modified/homebrewed games. I retool abilities, simplify convoluted mechanics, and all that jazz. Exalted has a pretty finicky system (especially with how supernatural powers and abilities are handled), but I daresay at its core it does a great job simulating epic/cinematic combat. Second Edition was especially a huge step forward in this regard. I even converted other WoD games to its format.

The other thing is the setting. I love it. It's over the top in all of the best ways, and there's so much of it to work with. After all, it's about the roleplay, not the "roll play;" if you can't create engaging stories to go with your dice-rolling, well, that's drab.

Give it a look-see when you can. I think you could appreciate it.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
We just got someone in the Montreal and Ontario PM groups pretending to be Jim Jam Flim Flam

Obviously a troll but it's entertaining though so
I'll be honest, I know JJFF in person and this is something he would decide to do someday

Not enough plugging of his website/youtube/facebook page tho

Helsong

Smash Ace
I tend to run modified/homebrewed games. I retool abilities, simplify convoluted mechanics, and all that jazz. Exalted has a pretty finicky system (especially with how supernatural powers and abilities are handled), but I daresay at its core it does a great job simulating epic/cinematic combat. Second Edition was especially a huge step forward in this regard. I even converted other WoD games to its format.

The other thing is the setting. I love it. It's over the top in all of the best ways, and there's so much of it to work with. After all, it's about the roleplay, not the "roll play;" if you can't create engaging stories to go with your dice-rolling, well, that's drab.

Give it a look-see when you can. I think you could appreciate it.

Smooth Criminal
I got seriously into doing some homebrew stuff in undergrad. I think one project I briefly worked on with some friends was a Pathfinder modification that used NPC classes, and made class features feats instead. Ended up giving us a good power curve, while allowing for flexible building. Really enjoyed it. Although we apparently weren't the first ones to have that particular idea, I've heard of 3 or 4 similar projects. Still didn't cut down on convoluted mechanics or number crunching, though, which is why we never really did go back to it after two campaigns.

I'll look into Exalted sometime. My roommates have been looking into D&D 5e, but..eh. I don't know much about it, but I really got tired of D&D after 6-7 years playing it.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
I'll be honest, I know JJFF in person and this is something he would decide to do someday

Not enough plugging of his website/youtube/facebook page tho

It's actually the real Jim Jam Flim Flam trying to convince us he's an imposter?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
@ Helsong Helsong

One more thing, and I promise I'll stop talking your ear off:

The Exalted: Second Edition sourcebook is available for free online, and it's through non-pirated means. Just go to Onyx Path Publishing's website and you can download it from there.

Smooth Criminal

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I always have found that role playing on a table is lackluster. You're trying to do too much at once imo

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Grooveshark's been shut down.

http://grooveshark.com/home

This is really depressing. :(

On the subject of board games, can anyone recommend a good strategy board game? Ideally, I'm looking for a perfect information, non chance, that's simple to pick up, and that takes an hour or two at most to complete a game. I've been looking at the game wei chi and it seems like it's exactly what I'm looking for if played on smaller grids. (also, not interested in chess or checkers)

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Grooveshark's been shut down.

http://grooveshark.com/home

This is really depressing. :(

On the subject of board games, can anyone recommend a good strategy board game? Ideally, I'm looking for a perfect information, non chance, that's simple to pick up, and that takes an hour or two at most to complete a game. I've been looking at the game wei chi and it seems like it's exactly what I'm looking for if played on smaller grids. (also, not interested in chess or checkers)
You can't go wrong with Stratego.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
That screams lewd.
i just splatoon'd

Songs overtake other songs for my favorites. This one's been mine since I discovered it like 12 days after serpent eating the horizon/ground. (So pretty much January of 2014
While I like a lot of songs, the one that I like the most tends to always stay in the back of my mind. It's also the first song I choose if I don't know what to listen to at a particular moment.
BD doe.
Yo, how about
tru luv has no time

Welp I'm getting this game.

I wonder what you would think of me if I said Exalted is one of my favorite tabletop games of all time, speaking of power creep and whatnot...'Cause it is.
Smooth Criminal
Welcome to Creation. Here's your shovel.
:^)

Helsong

Smash Ace
@ Helsong Helsong

One more thing, and I promise I'll stop talking your ear off:

The Exalted: Second Edition sourcebook is available for free online, and it's through non-pirated means. Just go to Onyx Path Publishing's website and you can download it from there.

Smooth Criminal
Talking my ear off about Tabletops is something I'm pretty ok with. It's a change after undergraduates keep talking my ear off about how they deserve a better grade.
Also, you know how I said Mutants and Masterminds didn't have an abundance of OP stuff? I lied. It's actually kind of easy to get some pretty powerful options, mostly revolving around managing character creation points, but the flexibility it gives you in the process is good, and it places hard caps on just how high your numbers can be(based on just how powerful you want your setting), so it preserved flavor and aesthetic.

Top Bottom