• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Please! I got my tag from a tabletop game.(BattleTech or bust, bruh) Where do you think you are?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I've never really been into table top ****, but I've listened to podcasts of people playing and it sounded really fun and hilarious.

I am so down to play dungeon world or something with you guys.

Fique

Smash Rookie
I've never really been into table top ****, but I've listened to podcasts of people playing and it sounded really fun and hilarious.

I am so down to play dungeon world or something with you guys.
Have you listened to The Adventure Zone perchance?

Helsong

Smash Ace
I'm actually a bit of a fraud when it comes to Tabletops. Never touched Warhammer, BattleTech, etc or really anything except D&D(2e, 3e, 3.5e) Pathfinder, d20 Modern(terrible, don't play it), White Wolf, World of Darkness, and Mutants and Masterminds. That being said, I haven't actually done a lot of campaigns in anything except 3.5, Pathfinder, White Wolf, and Mutants and Masterminds. The others were brief tinkering or very short single-time campaigns.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Exalted has some pretty OP stuff by default (I mean, if you so choose, you're RPing a freaking demigod in an over the top, high fantasy setting). It's fun seeing what you and your role playing troupe can come up with, both within the mechanics of the game's systems and from a storytelling standpoint. However, even I have my limits to what I'll let slip by for its own sake.

For example, the Sidereal Exalted and the Infernal Exalted. I will not allow ANYONE to create one of these kinds of Exalted unless they can come up with a damn good character concept and some compelling reason as to why they're working with the party to start with. Thematically, they're hard to incorporate in mixed company among the other Exalted (Sidereals less so; they guard fate, insert ex machina here. Infernals are just outright antithetical in ways I don't want to nerd out to here). It's not impossible but it can be hard to jive. Mechanically, well, that's where the issues come in. If you min-max either of these types out of the gate with vanilla rules, you have a game-breaking problem on your hands. They also get so many perks intrinsically at character creation that it's almost unfair (especially Sidereals, who literally have all the resources of Heaven at their disposal due to their ties and duties to Yu Shan and its bureaucracy of gods). I do have failsafes if people really wanna RP them, but there are definitely caveats included.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Exalted has some pretty OP stuff by default (I mean, if you so choose, you're RPing a freaking demigod in an over the top, high fantasy setting). It's fun seeing what you and your role playing troupe can come up with, both within the mechanics of the game's systems and from a storytelling standpoint. However, even I have my limits to what I'll let slip by for its own sake.

For example, the Sidereal Exalted and the Infernal Exalted. I will not allow ANYONE to create one of these kinds of Exalted unless they can come up with a damn good character concept and some compelling reason as to why they're working with the party to start with. Thematically, they're hard to incorporate in mixed company among the other Exalted (Sidereals less so; they guard fate, insert ex machina here. Infernals are just outright antithetical in ways I don't want to nerd out to here). It's not impossible but it can be hard to jive. Mechanically, well, that's where the issues come in. If you min-max either of these types out of the gate with vanilla rules, you have a game-breaking problem on your hands. They also get so many perks intrinsically at character creation that it's almost unfair (especially Sidereals, who literally have all the resources of Heaven at their disposal due to their ties and duties to Yu Shan and its bureaucracy of gods). I do have failsafes if people really wanna RP them, but there are definitely caveats included.

Smooth Criminal
Everyone bes infernal

Then you just raise hell

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
So Age of Ultron was pretty damn great. Anyone else get to see it or should this conversation be held off for a day?
Hold it off for the weekend, I'm not seeing it until Sunday.

Remember that girl I took to a formal dance a couple weeks ago?

Date with her went great last weekend, probably gonna ask her to be my girlfriend when we're hanging out after seeing Avengers.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Optimus Prime is coming to SA in August (kekeke)
(Literally!)

I mean, the ban's mainly in place for mixed games. I ****ing love the Infernal Exalted, and I would love to run an all Infernal game. They're just disgusting to work in with the other types.

Smooth Criminal
make it happen
We need to find the evilest member of pms

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I'd be really down for an online table top RPG simulator with PMS.

Sounds like a lot of fun

Apologizing if my role playing skills are booty, all my groups do is min max and argue over numbers so I only get to try stay in character when conversing with the DM occasionally.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

Date with her went great last weekend, probably gonna ask her to be my girlfriend when we're hanging out after seeing Avengers.
OH YEAH, I forgot to mention...(thank you for reminding me, Binary)

I'm engaged. :3 There will be a Mrs. Criminal in the future.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Fique

Smash Rookie
I haven't. Care to explain what it is? I may be interested.
The Adventure Zone is a podcast in which the brothers McElroy and their father play a D&D (5th edition) campaign together and many laughs are had because they're ridiculous.

The McElroy brothers are a part of the Maximum Fun network, a nifty family of podcasts, and have another show called My Brother, My Brother and Me (abbreviated MBMBAM) in which they give advice to listeners via submitted questions with generally hilarious results.

(SO SORRY ABOUT THIS POST, EVERYBODY. I JUST REALLY LIKE MAXFUN AND YURSAMAN ASKED NICELY)

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@ TRJV TRJV

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace

Smooth Criminal
Congratulations! That's wonderful. I wish both of you the best.
And you better have Smooth Criminal on the wedding playlist for sure.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Congrats and WTF why you are in Minnesota now? You planning to move to the Midwest or something?
I was in Minnesota for a little while, homie. That's where my fiancee lives. I was up there for a little over a week, and despite it being totally BFE, I loved it. Went horseback riding and mudding on a 200+ acre farm owned by her aunt and uncle, visited scenic Duluth and all its glory, the biz.

Dunno if we're gonna end up living here or living up there, but suffice to say, the future's exciting.

Congratulations! That's wonderful. I wish both of you the best.
And you better have Smooth Criminal on the wedding playlist for sure.
You're darn tootin' I will.

Smooth Criminal

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
The Adventure Zone is a podcast in which the brothers McElroy and their father play a D&D (5th edition) campaign together and many laughs are had because they're ridiculous.

The McElroy brothers are a part of the Maximum Fun network, a nifty family of podcasts, and have another show called My Brother, My Brother and Me (abbreviated MBMBAM) in which they give advice to listeners via submitted questions with generally hilarious results.

(SO SORRY ABOUT THIS POST, EVERYBODY. I JUST REALLY LIKE MAXFUN AND YURSAMAN ASKED NICELY)
Don't be sorry son. I appreciate you telling me about this and I'm definitely gonna listen to an episode tonight when I go to sleep.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
What kind of tastes though. A lot of it seems pretty eclectic to me.

And you should love Maiden more! They're by far my most enduring favourite band. They put on amazing live shows! Bruce is a God!
Kinda yeah, but aside from 5/6 of em they're pretty niche. You've got what, half a dozen bands there that have some sort of tie-in to black metal? Three thrash bands, two punk bands, a post-rock band (maybe two depending on how you label Alcest), two prog bands, two power metal bands and one of the genre's major inspirations, etc. I'm not saying that's bad or anything, but people may not really have a frame of reference for your preferred flavors unless they're really into metal themselves.

As far as Maiden goes, not enough time in the day. Nothing better when I'm in the right mood, but most of the time I want something else. Haven't been listening to much metal at all lately tbh.

edit: since we're posting music, a few recent favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDm8VrFrUf0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d29u8KWiacw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFzAd4PNCaY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPjG7a1Y7v8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPjG7a1Y7v8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSqz17gtv8U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jirn16W4t-E

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
So Age of Ultron was pretty damn great. Anyone else get to see it or should this conversation be held off for a day?
I just passed on seeing it with smasher friends X_X

Also how do you begin solving this?

Sometimes a mail is sent to the wrong place because it has a ZIP code that looks like a valid and different ZIP code when read upside down. For instance, 68901 and 88111 can be read upside down and they look like a different ZIP code. On the other hand, 32145 and 10801 don't share this problem. What is the probability of a ZIP code number that looks like a valid and different ZIP code when read upside down? Assume all 5-digit numbers are possible ZIP codes.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

lucky wants a beer sponsorship

the dream

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I ****ing love D&D. In our 3.5 game I minmaxed the **** out of my halfling wizard by triclassing. We ended at level 13 iirc but I had like 120 ability points and like 20 int. I broke the campaign because I funneled the entire party's resources into enchanting our Dark Paladin's greatsword to the point he was one shotting ****, and I put my spells into summoning monsters with rediculous grapple bonuses. I would summon ****, grapple all the opponents, and then we would beat the **** out of our helpless enemy's. There were originally two opposing PC forces, but we just curbstomped the other team every time so the DM had to stop our skirmishes.

Being a chaotic evil rogue/wizard/loremaster was so ****ing fun.

Smooth Criminal
Congratulations!!

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I ****ing love D&D. In our 3.5 game I minmaxed the **** out of my halfling wizard by triclassing. We ended at level 13 iirc but I had like 120 ability points and like 20 int. I broke the campaign because I funneled the entire party's resources into enchanting our Dark Paladin's greatsword to the point he was one shotting ****, and I put my spells into summoning monsters with rediculous grapple bonuses. I would summon ****, grapple all the opponents, and then we would beat the **** out of our helpless enemy's. There were originally two opposing PC forces, but we just curbstomped the other team every time so the DM had to stop our skirmishes.

Being a chaotic evil rogue/wizard/loremaster was so ****ing fun.

Congratulating!!
Yeah, sometimes I really do want to RP out a fun, rule/moral bound campaign

but then you can just go **** it, lets abuse mechanics and pass it off with some silly flavor. NPCs are just treasure chests you haven't opened yet

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Don't spoil Avengers 2 you chumps. Also I never seen this Friday The 13th movie where this gif is from lmao what is wrong with me.

Top Bottom