• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

CORY

wut
BRoomer
anyone have recomendations for good earbuds? the ones my gf has been using are constantly breaking and she's trying to find some durable ones that can deal with being put in pockets, inside her backpack with stuff, and can be worn under a bike helmet sometimes.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
yo, nameless. your avatar's hella cute. a bit too hella cute. i'm going to have to ask you to tone it down a little.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
it's acceptably hella cute. not overly hella cute. the hella cute police won't have to ask you for your hella cute license and fine you when you don't have one.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I was playing PM this morning while drinking(yes, at like 9 am) and thinking about how the kids I tutor have finals coming up and I suddenly realized something.
I haven't studied for my finals.
And then I kept on playing PM and drinking because my motivation to study decays exponentially the closer we get to finals. In fact, I have, today:
Cleaned the entire apartment, went through a backlog of texts, finished a personal coding project, and invited friends over to play games. I've just finished lunch, and I still haven't started studying. Literally anything else would be more fun for me to do. I'll even practice Shiek tech skill in melee, that's how much I want to avoid studying right now.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
it's pretty hella cute, but you won't be pulled over any time soon for it.

unless the hella cute cop just hates you or something.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
For those people that don't follow current events much, nasa has their proof of concept for em wave propulsion cofirmed. Basically they have em waves reverberate in a vacuum to create thrust, it has no waste expulsion. It's incredibly fast, and only needs electricity to run, so a craft would only need a small nuclear reactor on board and be set for years.

Some projected time for travel: to Mars in 90 days.
To the moon in 4 hours for a passenger ship.

Where I'm going with this, is having a pm moon colony Is 100% feasible.
MOONBOYZ

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2015/04/evaluating-nasas-futuristic-em-drive/

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
For those people that don't follow current events much, nasa has their proof of concept for em wave propulsion cofirmed. Basically they have em waves reverberate in a vacuum to create thrust, it has no waste expulsion. It's incredibly fast, and only needs electricity to run, so a craft would only need a small nuclear reactor on board and be set for years.

MOONBOYZ

This is so damn cool. I actually hadn't heard about this.
4 hour trip to the moon is sweet. In the time it takes me to fly to Japan, I can go to the moon and back.

Now I'm wondering what the stewardesses in a spaceflight would be like. Shiny sero G jumpsuits? Or maybe still a blouse and pencil skirt, but with extra padding for support. Could I be one of the first ones? It'd be a sweet experience for sure.
Zero G fashion is gonna be pretty interesting to see develop, now that I think about it. There's going to be a bunch of small tweaks if we want the same freedom in clothing choice as we do on earth. I think Policenauts actually touched on this a bit.
And just think of what new clothes we'd develop!

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

MOONBOYZ

>applying this to spacecraft instead of the more important matter of hoverboards

NASAPLS

standardtoaster

Tubacabra

MOONBOYZ

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542

Attachments

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Eh, it's not like we clicked each other's music anyway. At least I didn't.
I did :c

On another musical note, went to see the Symphony of the Goddess performance last night. It was okay. Wasn't completely taken with the music selection, felt like they played it too safe and missed out on some of the Zelda series' best works.

Also wow that tech demo and holy **** Mars in 90 days, that's ****ing amazing. The actual potential of using this for space travel is still decades off assuming it does check out, but this is gonna give the scientific community something to chew on for a while and hopefully stuff like this will help get space travel back into the public eye.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Who was it who was rambling about sonic's dash attack canceled into grab thing

I have need of them

Top Bottom