• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Think I may be pulling an all nighter for a final project that's due tomorrow because my partner is useless and unreliable so I feel inclined to do it all myself before I **** myself over.

Never pulled one before, so... adivce?
and/or

Player -0

Smash Hero
My house has tons of extra bed space, I'm sure I could convince family to let you crash for a few nights

That's assuming you'll want to bike to the south west in the summer after school gets out lol
Biking sounds like a pain but better than walking. Tires would become a pain realllyy fast. Also crashing places along the way doesn't sound safe lol.

I might later though... If people weren't crazy I'd almost definitely say yes.

Think I may be pulling an all nighter for a final project that's due tomorrow because my partner is useless and unreliable so I feel inclined to do it all myself before I **** myself over.

Don't lay down. If you're getting to a point where all you're doing is staying up and not getting work done then go to sleep. Stretch and junk every few or else you'll feel really tired. Something something powernap before you go to school? (I'd never wake up lol). You'll probably get hungry.

IF YOU'RE NOT GETTING ANYTHING DONE GO TO SLEEP. <--- kinda important imo.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
also, keep in mind that when you sleep, your optimal wake-up time is roughly every 90 minutes, beginning from when you start sleeping

so four hours isn't actually all that good for you than three, but four and a half hours is better than three

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
also, keep in mind that when you sleep, your optimal wake-up time is roughly every 90 minutes, beginning from when you start sleeping

so four hours isn't actually all that good for you than three, but four and a half hours is better than three
This does vary from person to person, but for most people it's very close to an hour and a half.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
...yeah I don't think any of my avis, past or present represent the real me accurately, but you are free to guess.

In other news, the internet is going to eventually remix this like they did with "ain't nobody got time for dat".

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof

Don't sleep. It's pretty easy.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
You ungrateful little kids
Go watch meimei's stream
twitch.tv/captmeiling

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
My avatar is very representative. I'm almost exactly a blonde haired elven waifu.

Only some of that is untrue.

I'm still planning out what I want to get from a friend for my next custom avatar though. My wolf one eating a vanillite is top tier but I'm thinking Classy Diddy. Probably like Diddy in a light blue tux/top hat with a darker blue GnW in his front pocket. If I can't get that as an actual skin in game I'll rock it everywhere else

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Pretty sure I'm too much of an argumentative jerk to be comparable to Simon/Optimus Prime/any character I've ever had as an avatar, so that's that for that.
damn, that guy has peak sideburns
He'd fight right into a super robot genre series.
Also, what feels? I see no feels, only reals.

Anther's Ladder = Lmao. *snip* Bed time. omg too funnyyy.
It's still Christmas right...?

Last edited:

ociplaC

Smash Cadet
My bachelor's degree is in Japanese Linguistics, I like drinking Calpico (orig. name Calpis/カルピス in Japan), and I'm white just like the beverage. Hence the tag.

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
thanks yall for watching. thoughts on the stream, and any suggestions for improving?

ociplaC

Smash Cadet
thanks yall for watching. thoughts on the stream, and any suggestions for improving?
- Audio level imbalance. The game audio overwhelmed your webcam audio, and I had to strain to hear you guys talk :(
- Echoing of the game audio, most likely the TV being loud enough for the webcam to pick up.

+ Fun character choices, good variety
+ You guys like to go for fun combos that make viewers lol out loud

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Put more waifu pictures on rotation. This is the most important thing, then the echo yeah.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

super interesting video: sako using eye-tracking software in a sf4 match

lots of focusing on the opponent more than anything, which makes sense for a spacing game like elena's

Soft Serve

softie
Premium

lots of focusing on the opponent more than anything, which makes sense for a spacing game like elena's
When I watched this earlier I really enjoyed how at the begining Sako looked mainly at the space in-between the two characters as he slowly learned where the Ken was putting his moves and I guess re-familiarizing himself with the zones. Then once Sako started opening the Ken up the eyes were nearly always on just in front of Ken's face, probably looking for fireballs to slide/ultra under or stepkicks to block/whiff punish.

I really hope we can get these going for smash, I'd love it so much

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Guys, I'm at a tough crossroad here. As I type this I'm fighting the urge to just erase this post entirely and just be mute, but I don't plan on letting me crawl away from the prospect of asking the opinions of those who may be of higher enlightenment than myself.
Anyways, I live in a backwater town and go to a highschool that as of now only offers me solice through a (surprisingly interesting) social ring (something I didn't have as a younger kid due to me having a far too under confident view of my social ability despite attending a small charter school ). I'm applying to work at a comic book and import shop in the neighboring city, and have a newfound confidence in living as a young adult. My college is prepped and squared away, and I have a good deal of practical "normal (I hate that word)" goals.
The problem is, I'm not satisfied in a life that already feels privelaged by the standards of my community. I'm sick of my monotonous home life, exhausted of a school to which I never enjoyed electives or subjects of interest, and have a hunger for a world I seem to have only a demo-copy of content in. My earliest well-recalled life was filled with grief over my cabin fever and little options to practice art, or writing and improve at something of an escape from the clockwork lifestyle (lending in part I guess to my enjoyment of games and comics etc).
All in all, I want travel, I want to prove to myself that I can make something viable of my truest interest. I'm tired of being mad at myself and chugging along on the "choices ( they never quite seem to wear that disguise well)" my family's circumstances offer. Is it worth wearing false-independence if I'm nearly driven to shed a tear when I think about my "ideal" future and my "privelaged" past? And if it will improve me and my surroundings, do I need to indict myself of just being a snot about what I (Think) I deserve, or should have the privelage to pursue?

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@ Raccoon Chuck Raccoon Chuck I hate to be a downer Debbie, but ambition of THAT sort is bad, so git gud at humility and not rocking the boat.

...Also, have patience. since
Save up your cash and wait for opportunities to present themselves. ...If you don't want to play the long game, in reply to this question right here: "Is it worth wearing false-independence if I'm nearly driven to shed a tear when I think about my "ideal" future and my "privileged" past?" allow me to ask you one of my own: Are you willing to risk your stable life, your current livelihood, for all that, for 'what if's and 'what may be's?

Also, be aware that if you're looking to make a name for yourself in anything job-related, I have bad news for ya; soon, that's not gonna be possible, let alone probable: http://robotswillstealyourjob.com/read

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
@ Raccoon Chuck Raccoon Chuck
Every time I'm about to say something serious in a post I look at it for five minutes and then end up deleting it.
At least you did it, I think about all the ****ty stuff in my life and I drown it out in anime and video games.

Also I have no plan, I'm winging it in life ayy.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

in most fighting games (smash included) good players tend to watch their opponent's character and gauge what they should be doing based on their actions, using the camera's movement to have a feel for the distance between the two. I know I rarely look at my own character as I play. It's not just because the character plays a spacing-heavy game.

Really cool though, I'd like to do this for PM sometime. Any idea what the software is?

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
@ Raccoon Chuck Raccoon Chuck

At least you did it, I think about all the ****ty stuff in my life and I drown it out in anime and video games.

Also I have no plan, I'm winging it in life ayy.
Well, for as much of a coward as I can be (I really wish I'll find a moment to earn some real-life self respect and make something of myself for the world in that department. D: ) You're a role-model to me for at-least helping to put me in good company. Thank you man.

@ MechWarriorNY MechWarriorNY , if it means making something of an individual out of myself, I think I just might want to muster the confidence to throw myself a new curveball in life. ( As mortified as I tend to be on the thought. :/ )

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
JESUS D:
*uh, yeah, snip* (alt costume when?)

so these are my computer specs, does anyone have any suggestions on what to upgrade for streaming in the future? *snip* i got told my setup is fine, but i just want to be sure
That is fine, but I would look into a solid-state hard drive or two if it can be helped. Also try and have your connection to the Internet be as ludicrously fast as possible.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Get out you traitor
you removed the ROB data for your site just so you had room for smash4 stuff ಠ_ಠ
NO ITS NOT LIKE THIS

LOVE ME

I JUST DONT HAVE TIME/RESOURCES TO KEEP PM STUFF UPDATED ;_____;

I'll do the new characters released in 4.0 though! I promise!

Once Smash 4 is done, I will consider expanding to PM again.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I am a traitor AMA :secretkpop:

Edit: Subdomains sound really good :o

pm.kuroganehammer
smash4.kuroganehammer
melee.kuroganehammer
64.kuroganehammer

Is that all the smash games? I think it is. :secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop:

Last edited:
Top Bottom