• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MLGF

Smash Lord
I've heard this a lot, and it makes me want to try it, but I just can't seem to get past the dated gameplay and graphics. You have any tips on making the transition into FE4, for someone who's main experience with the series is almost entirely FE7 onwards?
Play FE3 for a chapter or two.
Gam feels like butter afterwards, lmao.

Honestly, I played FE9 and the GBA games beforehand and found the transition to be pretty easy (honestly I think that FE6/7 look far more dated with its grossly bright color pallets) . I enjoyed the art style and loved the music, and the equip/money system makes sense when you realize how Children/Inheritance behave. You have to remember that these games were much more experimental and creative then modern FE games, and honestly that's about it. See it for what it is, learn where to find the Brave Axe in Gen 1, throw away all units who don't have pursuit, and pair up forevs.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I just found the worst "cutscene" ever.
Easily worse than the Zelda CDi games.

Also the constant jungle drums... it's like this could be made for torture by forcing them to watch it.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
FE5 is as great as it is ridiculous. Amazing mechanics matched with great but sometimes maniacal maps. Also, FE5 has Mareeta.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
People who don't read tend to lack a basic understanding of diction and grammar. They're the kind of people who end up writing could of on essays when they mean could've and getting confused by their/there/they're. Reading doesn't make you smarter, but exposure to the language sure does teach you about it.

D

Deleted member

People who don't read tend to lack a basic understanding of diction and grammar. They're the kind of people who end up writing could of on essays when they mean could've and getting confused by their/there/they're. Reading doesn't make you smarter, but exposure to the language sure does teach you about it.
I actually really wanted to become an English major, probably even get a Master's in it.

Then I realized how ****ing boring that **** is, lolnope

MLGF

Smash Lord
FE5 is as great as it is ridiculous. Amazing mechanics matched with great but sometimes maniacal maps. Also, FE5 has Mareeta.
My twenty authority stars dodge all accusations you make on FE5.
Now if you excuse me, I need to delete about 100 savestates because this Xavier guy is kinda hard to recruit.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
I used to read so much when I was younger. Then around high school, I began reading a bit less. By the time I was done with my undergrad, I hadn't read a novel in months.
I do miss it, but at the same time, most of my "reading" is now scholarly articles. I miss reading fiction for pleasure, but I can't seem to find the time to sit down and plow into a novel like I used to. If I could get lost in a book for an entire night like old times, it'd be pretty nice.

Or I guess I could play Pillars of Eternity.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
One of the good things about getting to like a video game until it makes you just spend most of the time reading/writing about it. Then get a job that wears out your hands until you can't play it much anyways.

I was by no means a good speller on MySpace when I revisited it a couple times: so it was indeed forums that did it for me. I haven't followed up on increasing my vocabulary as much as I thought I would, and without spell check I struggle. I also wish I had an app this whole time that would analyze sentence structure; like using this semicolon in this sentence is the best thing to do.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Welp, tonight was my final night in my parent's home.

No more setbacks or anything. My friend and I are leaving for Texas at about 8AM (EST). I've got all my stuff packed up and ready to go. It's gonna be a hell of a drive, that's for sure.

Wish us luck, everyone~

Hope to be able to hang with you sometime soon, @Strong Bad. :D
Hey guys! I made it! I'm in Denton now! :D

Goddamn that was a long trip. My everything hurts. x~x

I miss anything from the past couple of days? :3

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
One of the good things about getting to like a video game until it makes you just spend most of the time reading/writing about it. Then get a job that wears out your hands until you can't play it much anyways.

I was by no means a good speller on MySpace when I revisited it a couple times: so it was indeed forums that did it for me. I haven't followed up on increasing my vocabulary as much as I thought I would, and without spell check I struggle. I also wish I had an app this whole time that would analyze sentence structure; like using this semicolon in this sentence is the best thing to do.
That semicolon made no sense. Use semi colons so connect two complete sentences.

Like so:

James doesn't know how to use semicolons; he always puts them in all the wrong places.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
welcome to the area O:
Thanks! I hope I get to play with you and some others sometime so I can officially graduate from being a casual scrub. ¦D

Welcome to Texas.

And the heat... and the sweat...

Goddammit I miss the cold.
I thrive in the heat and die in the cold. Being down here feels heavenly to me. <3

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
Uh @ Helsong Helsong So I did the exercise thing
I just left my house, picked a cardinal direction and started running. It was actually pretty fun, just sprinting down the sidewalk, coat flapping in the breeze and ****.
I probably kept this up for maybe 5-6 blocks, found this sweet office chair lying at a bus stop and I sat there for a while.
Thought about why I do things the way I do. Thought about why I'm constantly seeking affection. (TL:DR Hooray for absentee fathers) Thought about School. I actually thought about Olimar (of all things) and how he should get a Falcon alt.
And then I got up, picked my hair out for a bit and ran some more. I didn't really know where I was going. But I eventually found this nice little field tucked behind a middle school or something. It was chill. I just kinda stared at the plants and stuff.
So yeah. That was pretty fun. Thanks.
@Bleck
What do you recommend?

D

Deleted member

Heya, welcome to Texas man. Can't wait to get some friendlies in, I want to give you a taste of DFW's best Captain Falcon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Uh @ Helsong Helsong So I did the exercise thing
I just left my house, picked a cardinal direction and started running. It was actually pretty fun, just sprinting down the sidewalk, coat flapping in the breeze and ****.
I probably kept this up for maybe 5-6 blocks, found this sweet office chair lying at a bus stop and I sat there for a while.
Thought about why I do things the way I do. Thought about why I'm constantly seeking affection. (TL:DR Hooray for absentee fathers) Thought about School. I actually thought about Olimar (of all things) and how he should get a Falcon alt.
And then I got up, picked my hair out for a bit and ran some more. I didn't really know where I was going. But I eventually found this nice little field tucked behind a middle school or something. It was chill. I just kinda stared at the plants and stuff.
So yeah. That was pretty fun. Thanks.
Sounds magical. For real, going for a walk or a run is just a nice thing to do. Clears your head, let's you think about stuff, etc. For whatever reason, once you've done some physical exertion, things just seem to fall into perspective a bit more. At least for me, whatever issues came up that day just end up feeling way smaller, and more major things are easier to think through. Keep running, you've opened up a new world for yourself.

Also, I've gotten addicted to muscle soreness, or something like that. I don't know why, but I love the way my entire body kinda just gets a bit sore and unwilling to move after a solid workout. It's just this high I get off of pushing myself. Can't do it too often, but there's this mental clarity that comes with it that I can't get any other way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I get how past FE fans get annoyed by those who only played Awakening complaining there's no waifu features if they play the past games or if the new one doesn't have it. Being one of the people who've only played Awakening I personally don't mind either way. I did like the funny conversations and interactions in the "social links", but what I didn't like was having to worry about what stats and skills the parents would pass down to their children. It felt too much like Pokémon, and I'd rather enjoy the game for what it is by making the best of who I have rather than worrying about than breeding super-children.
having played most of the FE games, i loved awakening. its like when you talk to oldschool FE people they get mad if you say you liked awakening, and its kinda weird. ive had a couple people pop off on me when i said lunatic+ was hard, and they were all like "if you htink that's hard play thracia 776" as if i didn't already lmao. kinda weird

welcome to texas. if you want to play smash, hit me up. give or take you should be ~20 miles up the road.

Last edited by a moderator:

JOE!

Smash Hero
So, I've been hanging with a girl for a little while and we kinda like each other (she's younger and I think more into me) and I think I may have met somebody better... and then a 3rd person who likes me crawls from the woodwork again and we start chatting it up too.

What do social thread?

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I'm now currently real grumpy that replays aren't a functional thing in full-set PM, because I've been messing around with dolphin shaders at 4x antialiasing and it would be perfect for making combo videos with

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Awakening Lunatic and Lunatic+ is hard but it is a much more cheaper kind of hard given the presence of Pair Up and bad map design.

Now don't get me wrong here, I like Awakening and do think it is a solid game and am def greatful for it saving the series and it did some things right. But it also did some things wrongs, bad map layouts, execution of Pair Up, and really huge difficulty spike between hard and lunatic being the worst offenders for me.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Lunatic+ is ******** honestly.
I tried my darndest to get through chapter 3 with no casulties and despite good RNG with the levelups with Frederick and Robin previously, the odds of me succeeding are way too low, and it all has to do with the CPU exclusive abilities in tandem with the enemy formations.
Pavise+ and Counter are the worst offenders.

Normal Lunatic on the other hand is a lot more fair.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
I liked awakening. But it's second to the bottom of my english released ratings.

FE7
Path of Radiance
Radiant Dawn
Sacred Stones
Awakening
Shadow Dragon

I think fire emblem at its core fundamentals in Rekka no Ken is much better than when they fluff it up with skills and grinding.

When it comes to specifically talking about Awakening, none of the maps had much purpose after you get DLC, and by that I mean, since you can grind, you can turtle every level as you wish to because that's just how it is. Nothing you can find inside of those villages really matter to you, and for the most part the chests don't have anything you can't get from DLC or shops either. I like being given a reason to not turtle through a level and Awakening didn't really have that reason. Turtle for days.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
People who don't read tend to lack a basic understanding of diction and grammar. They're the kind of people who end up writing could of on essays when they mean could've and getting confused by their/there/they're.
"I could care less about that."

"......So you do care?"

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
"I could care less about that."

"......So you do care?"
They probably do care. Just not that much.

It's when they can't care any less that they don't care at all.

I actually use both because of that distinction. lol

welcome to texas. if you want to play smash, hit me up @ 571-344-5243. give or take you should be ~20 miles up the road.
Will do. I myself don't have a car to drive at the moment, but I can easily find a way to hang out for sure. I've been excited for it.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
hype, so discussion is over

im now a full time employee of a game shop, and they said theyd match my hotel job @ 10 dollarydoos an hour instead of minimum

HYPE

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
So, I've been hanging with a girl for a little while and we kinda like each other (she's younger and I think more into me) and I think I may have met somebody better... and then a 3rd person who likes me crawls from the woodwork again and we start chatting it up too.

What do social thread?
Date, enjoy company, figure out what you want.

I mean, situations like that can feel like a no-win, but you have to remember that relationships are about what you want, what will make you happy - otherwise there's no point to the relationship. Obviously that's simplified, but you get the idea.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i treated myself to a tharja figure, can't wait to not hotglue it!

JOE!

Smash Hero
Date, enjoy company, figure out what you want.

I mean, situations like that can feel like a no-win, but you have to remember that relationships are about what you want, what will make you happy - otherwise there's no point to the relationship. Obviously that's simplified, but you get the idea.
Right, its just at the same time I don't want to hurt the girl Im currently sorta casually seeing, especially since she is stressed with exams as-is. Its just confusing since I know it probably won't work out, but I don't want her hurt.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

a super-good NCR moment I notice nobody really mentioned from last weekend: evo 2011 world champion gets beat tf down by a guy within three minutes

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Right, its just at the same time I don't want to hurt the girl Im currently sorta casually seeing, especially since she is stressed with exams as-is. Its just confusing since I know it probably won't work out, but I don't want her hurt.
Send me a picture of each and I'll chose for you

CORY

wut
BRoomer

Grats on making it out finally! You going to be able to make it to Bowser's revenge this Saturday?

What do social thread?
Sounds like hot threesome setup, man.

D

Deleted member

just dont care and enjoy good company imo

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@ JOE! JOE! Four words... Don't be a slimeball. That's all.
Hey Pms
I'm trying to find a new hobby because playing smash and hating myself is getting a little stale.
What do you guys and gals do for fun?
Browse dank memes.

open steam to see if there's anything new I should buy
"a new version of Dark Souls 2 is out"
steam please

If anyone complains about you using ike just stand up, throw your bag down and say in a very serious and testorone gushing voice... 5 simple words.

"I fight for my friends."

Last edited:
Top Bottom