• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
After seeing Aftershock's DF vs Sethlon, it just occurred to me that, of the PMS regulars, I just might be the worst PM player of them all

Not that it matters any, just a random thought I wanted to share while on my quest to "git gud"

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
After seeing Aftershock's DF vs Sethlon, it just occurred to me that, of the PMS regulars, I just might be the worst PM player of them all

Not that it matters any, just a random thought I wanted to share while on my quest to "git gud"
I always say that I keep forgetting you people play this game. And a lot of you are really good.

I'm also bad don't worry.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

You don't know that there's alot of regulars and pop ins here so yeah. And I'm very whatever cause I don't play much PM cause of Smash 4. Smash equivalent exchange yo.

EDIT: To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
I'm kind of considering switching to Falcon. I've been playing him a lot recently, and he's actually passable now in comparison to my Roy. Better in some MUs, probably. Yesterday in my last game at Smash Club I ended it with a moonwalk knee. Felt so good.

Also, last night I had a dream where @ Strong Badam Strong Badam and I jokingly made out. This doesn't make any sense because I'm not sure how making out would be a good joke, and I've also never met Strong Bad. Also Strong Bad, you're a bad kisser. In my dreams. I think it was because neither of us thought the other would actually follow through so when we both did it was like "**** I actually wasn't quite prepared for this"

But it was a dream so there's no real logic anyway.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
That's impossible due to the fact that I'm here. ¦D

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
All that talk about banning it.. how are they going to enforce it? Ban the use of certain specials? LOL
Might just have to accept that this will be the dominant strategy in Smash 4 doubles for a while.

Edit: They banned the Pika + G&W strat?
*canned laughter*
Let's ban the Kirby Jiggs strat.
BAN LUCAS NESS THEY CAN HEAL EACH OTHER.

Get with the new meta *******.

Last edited:

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Copied and pasted this from a locked thread. It's a bit silly how specific I need to place this post, but never mind.

When I heard how much people want to explore custom moves in Smash 4, I decided to pick it up again. I had put it away after being (un)officially declared Smash 4's worst player, but then I played some friendly matches and found characters I couldn't win as to save my life suddenly became viable. Even Donkey Kong.

Since I can't practice with these on For Glory I've been trying to see if my cleared head has helped. Nope. Not one bit. I still fail. Badly. Even when I swallow my pride and return to Yoshi - whom I had dropped after Melee and Brawl, when I heard the community thinks he's overpowered in 4 - I still lose.

Then I saw the Project M new trailer. Being a UK user, it would cost me a fair bit to bring a US copy of Brawl to my shores, but I'm starting to agree with all the complaints about Smash 4. At the same time, and here's the crux of the matter... if I can't win at as basic a fighting game as Smash 4, do I stand even a ghost of a chance at Project M? I want to play to win, but people have been playing Project M far longer than me, so I'm worried I'm going to be worked over if I join now. When I played my friend's Project M copy, I found Mario and Yoshi were natural fits for me - that's more than I can say for Smash 4 where I can't win as anyone in the roster, but is that enough to go on?

Helsong

Smash Ace
It's enough. I'm godly terrible, but just enjoying a character is all the motivation you need to get better, I think.
I mean, I'm worse at Smash4 than I am at PM, it's not like PM is Smash4 hard mode or something, it's just a different game.

But be ready to lose. A lot. The skill ceiling is higher, meaning you'll face better people. If you can handle losing, then you'll be fine. I mean, if I can do it, literally anyone should be able to. I'm bad at this game.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Also, last night I had a dream where @ Strong Badam Strong Badam and I jokingly made out. This doesn't make any sense because I'm not sure how making out would be a good joke, and I've also never met Strong Bad. Also Strong Bad, you're a bad kisser. In my dreams. I think it was because neither of us thought the other would actually follow through so when we both did it was like "**** I actually wasn't quite prepared for this"

But it was a dream so there's no real logic anyway.
Man what the ****

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Copied and pasted this from a locked thread. It's a bit silly how specific I need to place this post, but never mind.

When I heard how much people want to explore custom moves in Smash 4, I decided to pick it up again. I had put it away after being (un)officially declared Smash 4's worst player, but then I played some friendly matches and found characters I couldn't win as to save my life suddenly became viable. Even Donkey Kong.

Since I can't practice with these on For Glory I've been trying to see if my cleared head has helped. Nope. Not one bit. I still fail. Badly. Even when I swallow my pride and return to Yoshi - whom I had dropped after Melee and Brawl, when I heard the community thinks he's overpowered in 4 - I still lose.

Then I saw the Project M new trailer. Being a UK user, it would cost me a fair bit to bring a US copy of Brawl to my shores, but I'm starting to agree with all the complaints about Smash 4. At the same time, and here's the crux of the matter... if I can't win at as basic a fighting game as Smash 4, do I stand even a ghost of a chance at Project M? I want to play to win, but people have been playing Project M far longer than me, so I'm worried I'm going to be worked over if I join now. When I played my friend's Project M copy, I found Mario and Yoshi were natural fits for me - that's more than I can say for Smash 4 where I can't win as anyone in the roster, but is that enough to go on?
You can usb load ntsc brawl for free

Exodo

Smash Ace
つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NEED 3.6, GIVE 3.6, LOVE 3.6, RELEASE DATE FOR 3.6, PLEASE 3.6 つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
All that talk about banning it.. how are they going to enforce it? Ban the use of certain specials? LOL
Might just have to accept that this will be the dominant strategy in Smash 4 doubles for a while.

Edit: They banned the Pika + G&W strat?
*canned laughter*
Wait they did after it got patched in 3ds version LMAO. And with the Olimar power Pikmin strat might have to ban the team in custom doubles or the custom itself in doubles. LMAO smash rules are dumb as hell I just play and try to help others but it should be obvious that people are gonna use it and abuse it soon. I just wanna see Olimar's head on Broly's body as some type of meme.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
They will probably just ban Oli's custom for Doubles, nothing is gained at Evo by having it legal

Exodo

Smash Ace
has anyone else noticed that the Project M account has exactly 47 messages :Os-<

ilaminati canfirmed?

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
ZeRo vs DaBuz GFs @Aftershock. It's finally been uploaded guys!

That family and their videos scare me

A recurring thought that keeps appearing in the back of my head is that the dad is forcing them to play in order to make money, and that they're not that interested in video games/giving footage of them playing out to the internet

Then again, maybe I'm jealous because I could never get my family to enjoy video games

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Next tourney, I'm gonna cut off most of my hair, wear a Luchador mask, and enter as Zangief The Magnificent

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus

i SD off stage and sometimes i throw out a boomerang when i mean to tilt
combine that with the fact ive never been to a PM tourney
it may be small, but heres a pedestal to stand on

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
And I will be there to take pictures.

Seriously though, I have no plans for Spring Break this year.....
At least I can work on my huge backlog...
and maybe get my freeloading older brother to finally contribute to the rent after 5 months of living here while paying nothing.

Top Bottom