• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
IMO having a magic series character in smash is interesting but aura sphere canceling is a dumb mechanic that leads to way too many possibilities

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Lucario is dumb and has a puny sized brain

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Do you find Lucario problematic because he may be overpowered, or truly because the magic series concept is too different for Smash? Is it both?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
There was a problem fetching the tweet
LMAO.

Also this happened at Roll Tier V BTW. Regional tourney in my neck of the woods where M2K was randomly at.

supascoot

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SupaScoot
Goddamit why did they have to seed the two players I wanted to win together in round 1. Oh well, atleast DF is showing people why they should hate rob

Edit: nvm ripple got beaten by luck. I think this is karma somehow

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
ITT if a character is good and fun to play then we cry nerf.
ASC might see a frame nerf in 4.0. Maybe you can't air dodge out of up-b cancel.

So let's complain about Rob instead.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
ITT if a character is good and fun to play then we cry nerf.
ASC might see a frame nerf in 4.0. Maybe you can't air dodge out of up-b cancel.

So let's complain about Rob instead.
ASC is really stupid. Like really really stupid.

Shine stupid.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Diddy is a pretty hard character to beat when your character can't pick up bananas and has a extremely slow item toss animation.

Just to give an example, DDD can jab and trip on a banana he otherwise couldn't pick up due to small item grab range

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Diddy is a pretty hard character to beat when your character can't pick up bananas and has a extremely slow item toss animation.

Just to give an example, DDD can jab and trip on a banana he otherwise couldn't pick up due to small item grab range
Swallow it, maximum Kappa

I thought item tosses were normalized across the board in 3.5? Also pick up with airdodge not with attack

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
My air dodge item grab range is what I was talking about... Who uses attack

Player -0

Smash Hero
Swallow it, maximum Kappa

I thought item tosses were normalized across the board in 3.5? Also pick up with airdodge not with attack
They were made less bad for bad people but it's still bad for a bunch of dudes. Actually still feels pretty much the same, havne't played it in a bit though so I might be getting it confused.

supascoot

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SupaScoot
I'm gonna agree with ripple here. One of the reasons why rob makes me salt is how hard it is to deal with tops. When you're playing a character with the 38th best wavedash its hard to even get close to the tops. But i'll complain more in the tier list thread around the time I explain that westballz was ignoring waddle dees

zman804

Smash Ace
I sure am glad we got all of that hype Melee instead of Axe vs Junebug and StrongBad vs Junebug. Texas melee sure can stand up to these OOS legends.

Frostav

Smash Apprentice
RAM Hacking with Dolphin is fun:

In the above video I have used Cheat Engine to set the Rainbow Phoenix's Camera Repositioning stat to 0, meaning that the camera does not rotate to follow my machine at all (the stat is normally at 1, which ensures that the camera will rotate with my vehicle so I can maintain my bearings even when the track gets loopy and twisty). The result is this hilariously drunk camera.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
RAM Hacking with Dolphin is fun:

In the above video I have used Cheat Engine to set the Rainbow Phoenix's Camera Repositioning stat to 0, meaning that the camera does not rotate to follow my machine at all (the stat is normally at 1, which ensures that the camera will rotate with my vehicle so I can maintain my bearings even when the track gets loopy and twisty). The result is this hilariously drunk camera.
Melee's camera prepared me for this.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
What's weird about Melee's camera again? I've heard a lot of people lament it but I can't really see the problem, but then again I haven't played it much in years.
Zooms in way too much sometimes to the point that in certain situations you can be offscreen while still onstage

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Oooh, nicely done. Uh...
Any Rune Factory Game, any Breath of Fire game, any Disgaea game(with emphasis on II and IV), any Grandia game, any Neptunia game, Cave Story, Code of Princess, Final Fantasy Tactics, Inazuma Eleven, Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Vesperia, and Valkyria Chronicles.(it's on Steam)

Last edited:
Top Bottom