• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
@ Soft Serve Soft Serve Why isn't Diddy complete trash? You can just agt things back at him.
because his bair is godlike, his dash dance is fantastic, popgun is workable (the projectile itself sucks but it has utility in tech chases, camping, waveland movement out of it, and canceling the charge right before you land to No Impact Land anywhere), His combo game is above average, great throws, easy mode tech chases, good edgeguarding vs most of the cast, decent recovery, unless you're lucario/spacie you can hit his shield without getting tripped, his Dtilt is litterally a shorter marth Dtilt you can do with an item in your hand.

Basically his neutral is strong enough to make up for lack of kill power like twice over. Opponents AGTing things back at him isn't too much of a problem because you shouldn't be throwing bananas at them unless you're tech chasing or punishing something anyway. Generally you keep them, and z drop/throw it up when you want access to the rest of your kit quickly. You can actually play neutral effectivly and take whole stocks with just bair, dthrow, dtilt, and bananas.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Ok, I just kept seeing Diddys throwing it from afar and wondered why people don't just take it. They probably still could in order to get Godlike agt combos. Obviously Diddy has a lot going for him I didn't know about.

Good Bowsers are scary guys, hold me.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
As you can tell by continued presence since August, I have a lot of.... emotional baggage left in Smash and it's community.
Yes I just realized it, and don't know what to do about it aside from helping to finish PM.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Pfffsh did anybody catch the ridiculous curveball in the Korra series finale? So silly.

Book 4 should've just been named Tolerance.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Ok, I just kept seeing Diddys throwing it from afar and wondered why people don't just take it. They probably still could in order to get Godlike agt combos. Obviously Diddy has a lot going for him I didn't know about.

Good Bowsers are scary guys, hold me.
Did you finally get bopped by a Bowser lol?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Leave your mark behind for nerds to come and preach your word of the smash cycle. Afterwards you grow up and play grown up fighters LMAO.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
As you can tell by continued presence since August, I have a lot of.... emotional baggage left in Smash and it's community.
Yes I just realized it, and don't know what to do about it aside from helping to finish PM.
"finish"

But will PM ever actually be "done" and "complete? As much as I'd love it to be, and soon for that matter, I've kinda had my doubts about it.

Pfffsh did anybody catch the ridiculous curveball in the Korra series finale? So silly.

Book 4 should've just been named Tolerance.
Korra should've just ended after Book 1 or 2, honestly. I really didn't like 4's season finale. So completely out of nowhere.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Korra should've just ended after Book 1 or 2, honestly. I really didn't like 4's season finale. So complete out of nowhere.
I never did expect Korra to even top Avatar... But I gotta agree, that last episode made me cringe a little because I felt it was ham-fisted.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I never did expect Korea to even top Avatar... But I gotta agree, that last episode made me cringe a little because I felt it was ham-fisted.
Hey there Libby. Good to see ya. :3

And yeah, it really wasn't done right at all. But hey, the fanbase and the whole internet loved it and ate it all up so what do we know, right?

Ugh. ¬ ¬'

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I watched like the first episode or Legend of Korra when it first aired... I found it to be pretty bad and didn't watch it again. It was a really poor man's Avatar.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
It doesn't matter what your beliefs are, it was blindsiding heavyhanded political commentary and it made everything go out with a bang of WEIRD.

I read both creator's interviews on the decision and the vibe I got was that they cared more about that particular social-issue than the integrity of their craft. So to that I say **** em, that should be considered low no matter what part of spectrum you hang out in.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
It doesn't matter what your beliefs are, it was blindsiding heavyhanded political commentary and it made everything go out with a bang of WEIRD.

I read both creator's interviews on the decision and the vibe I got was that they cared more about that particular social-issue than the integrity of their craft. So to that I say **** em, that should be considered low no matter what part of spectrum you hang out in.
No Warsaint, the curveball was a strong, powerful villain like Kuvira falling to pieces just because Korra understood her parentless childhood, even though Korra doesn't understand **** about it.

Or Varrick suddenly not treating Zhu Li like crap and falling in love and getting married because plot.

But nobody ever says "Hey the Varrick thing was heavyhanded and makes no sense" because it doesn't fall under the homophobic umbrella. If the show is ruined for you because of a very short end scene it falls under it.

Korra has always had a Lezzy vibe about her, and Asami has always had an understated fascination with her, so the fact they give a relationship a try shouldn't be so damn shocking for everyone if you paid attention to things like: Korra blushing at Asami complimenting her or the time they spent together, alone during and after Korra's recovery.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I guess I disagree. While I certainly thought korra was kinda gay right from the getgo and thruout I feel like there was no other interaction or behavior that would've justified those last 10 seconds. Honestly I'm going to have to google and snipe out that blush-scene everyone keeps going back to.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I watched like the first episode or Legend of Korra when it first aired... I found it to be pretty bad and didn't watch it again. It was a really poor man's Avatar.
Season 1 is... weh. Parts were good, but using one of their sparse episodes for shipping purposes was really dumb and the finale was abysmal.

That being said, I still haven't seen the rest of the series. Should probably do that some time.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I read dis interview with the writers about that korra thing

They said they stealthed the **** out of that relationship

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Season 1 is... weh. Parts were good, but using one of their sparse episodes for shipping purposes was really dumb and the finale was abysmal.

That being said, I still haven't seen the rest of the series. Should probably do that some time.
All 4 seasons have excellent combat and animation throughout but none of them topped season 1. The villain(s) and setting were too cool and had too much potential to end everything in twelve episodes.

I read dis interview with the writers about that korra thing

They said they stealthed the **** out of that relationship
They said that? Then people have reason to be put off.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
All 4 seasons have excellent combat and animation throughout but none of them topped season 1. The villain(s) and setting were too cool and had too much potential to end everything in twelve episodes.

Stealthed as in they hid it in plain sight

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Book 3 is the best, hands down. Your hatred of the awesome Zaheer notwithstanding.

So first your upset it came from nowhere as a political statement, and now you are upset that they were hinting at it for a while because it made sense to them?

Do you have a problem with gay people Warsaint? It is not even this which makes me think that, but saying stuff before like being scared of them and having no control over it.

I don't know if that was supposed to be a hypothetical statement or not, now I think it wasn't though.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I have no real issues with Korra and Asami becoming a couple. But they literally did nothing to lead up to that point.

If there was literally anything Korra and Asami did that made it clear that they were going to be a couple, I seriously wouldn't have cared. But they way they decided to do it made it random as hell.

Bleck

Smash Master
I have no real issues with Korra and Asami becoming a couple. But they literally did nothing to lead up to that point.
I can see how you might come to this conclusion if you literally watched the last episode and nothing else

B.W.

Smash Champion
I can see how you might come to this conclusion if you literally watched the last episode and nothing else
Oh, she blushed a few times from being complimented or something else that some people blush from.

Oh they hung out a few times and are fond/respect each other.

Yeah, literally all the things that were "hints" at them being in a future relationship are literally things that happen between friends. Once again I stand by what I said about them doing nothing to show that they were leading up to Korra and Asami being in a relationship save for the very end.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
(´・ω・`)
(´・ω・`)

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
Yeah, literally all the things that were "hints" at them being in a future relationship are literally things that happen between friends.
you mean like how it works between actual real life humans

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Oh, she blushed a few times from being complimented or something else that some people blush from.

Oh they hung out a few times and are fond/respect each other.

Yeah, literally all the things that were "hints" at them being in a future relationship are literally things that happen between friends. Once again I stand by what I said about them doing nothing to show that they were leading up to Korra and Asami being in a relationship save for the very end.
You blush when your male friends compliment you?

B.W.

Smash Champion
Yeah sure, but this is a TV show. More so, it's a cartoon. People tend expect television and movies to foreshadow certain things, such as relationships. The hints never go farther than what people would see as them being friends. When it came to her liking Mako there was always that extra bit to help distinguish it, she would get flustered, and overly embarrassed until they were in a relationship.

The way Asami and Korra was presented didn't make it seem anything like them being in a relationship which really hit a lot of people as a "twist." But when it comes to this kind of twist, it just feels random and out of place.

I'm sure most people who "saw" this coming were actually people who shipped "korrasami" and once it happened started to cry "I knew it." Then this gets followed by people who also wish to say "I knew it from the start."

You blush when your male friends compliment you?
Personally, I don't tend to blush at all. But I've known straight men and women who blush from compliments from anyone. Some people get embarrassed easily, even when they're being told they've done a good job. Because the attention is on them. It's not something that happens to most people, but it does happen.

Last edited:

B.W.

Smash Champion
bw don't get baited by bleck's ****ty one-liners its all he wants
you mean like how it works between actual real life humans
This is a reply to @ Warsaint777 Warsaint777 , but I replied to this simply because he's not actually wrong. In real life that is how it works. Any awkwardness that comes from starting to grow attached to someone is really just on you and the other person.

On television, they have to set up that feeling for you, and when they don't set it up, you get people like you and I that feel like the creators just put them together "because **** it."

And it's obvious that we're not the only ones who felt that way.

I mean, if people caught the twist from the get-go then good for them, but don't act like they made it the most obvious thing in the entire series.

Top Bottom