• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Sort of wished Mario Kart took some inspiration from Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transform. In that game, spamming items was not an auto pilot win, you actually had to be strategic with them. Which means that it felt generally more skill based. The more arcade styled gameplay also helped.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sort of wished Mario Kart took some inspiration from Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transform. In that game, spamming items was not an auto pilot win, you actually had to be strategic with them. Which means that it felt generally more skill based. The more arcade styled gameplay also helped.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing & Transformed are easily the best kart racers ever made. I can't even enjoy Mario Kart nearly as much anymore after playing those.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
As long as I can throw bananas at people I like all the mario cart games.

I went back to dd a while ago before I traded it in for tournament fees. It didn't feel that great tbh, Co op was hype though.

Ds or wii is where it at,mk8 seems cool too

mimgrim

Smash Hero
As long as I can throw bananas at people I like all the mario cart games.

I went back to dd a while ago before I traded it in for tournament fees. It didn't feel that great tbh, Co op was hype though.

Ds or wii is where it at,mk8 seems cool too
You know how Melee players complain about Brawl or Smash 4 being too slow? Well that's how I feel about going from DD to any other Mario Kart game. :L

Give me Mario Kart: Burnout Edition and it will be new best though.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
“These guys dressed as Diddy Kong just rolled up and grabbed the PM players,” said one distraught Smash 4 competitor who watched Aaron “Professor Pro” Thomas be thrown into an unmarked van. “I think that was a true combo but I’ll call it a string on r/smashgifs just in case.”

Holy **** this is a goldmine.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Chumps the world needs a new F-Zero with online play so that new kids can become speed fiends and have a IDGAF time to go fast and ram you off the course attitude.

NTG

Smash Cadet
>get on smashboards
>realize green text is still a thing
>check calender yep it's 2015
>where's my alcohol

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Also if we are talking about Kart Racing games when Crash Team Racing and Crash Team Racing: Nitro Kart at?

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106

Holy **** this is a goldmine.
I would love to know the context of such sincere Maurey laughter.

But yeah dd was hype as ****

My favorite will always be MK64, but all of the others are really fun in their own whacked ways.

Smooth Criminal
MK64 just paled in comparison to DK racing so bad I've been biased ever since.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I told these guys mayflash has some lag on the inputs and they don't believe me. Can someone give me some links or **** so they will know whats up?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I would love to know the context of such sincere Maurey laughter.

But yeah dd was hype as ****

MK64 just paled in comparison to DK racing so bad I've been biased ever since.
Diddy Kong Racing honestly was nowhere near as good as people like to hype it up to be. It's kinda bad.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Same here you must be tripping brah unless your willing to buy Nintendo GC adapters for the whole PMS and your local scene Kappa?

B.W.

Smash Champion
Diddy Kong Racing honestly was nowhere near as good as people like to hype it up to be. It's kinda bad.
As a person who owns and plays both, I must disagree with you.

Diddy Kong Racing's tracks were far more interesting than MK64, and the "adventure mode" is still more interesting than the Grand Prix modes in Mario Kart games. The controls were also way smoother.

Unless you're talking about the DS version, because that port was terrible.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The GBA one is objectively bad though.
I forgot this was a thing.

Diddy Kong Racing's tracks were far more interesting than MK64, and the "adventure mode" is still more interesting than the Grand Prix modes in Mario Kart games. The controls were also way smoother.

Yeah, Wave, this pretty much hits the nail on the head for me. The single player experience in DKR was a lot of fun, and definitely not bare-bones like MK's.

Smooth Criminal

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

...There was a DS version?

Anyway, definitely don't agree on the controls. DKR's controls were definitely not what I'd call 100% "smooth" or anything. I'll take MK64 over it any day.

Not that I'll play either of them when I have ASRT to enjoy instead. lol

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
I told these guys mayflash has some lag on the inputs and they don't believe me. Can someone give me some links or **** so they will know whats up?
IIRC Mayflash (and all other adapters) have miniscule amounts of input lag due to not having drivers, I think that the dev's of the products were talking about fixing this. But if I recall Dolphin itself has a small amount of lag because of windows aero and it not being treated as an elevated-priority application or something, don't remember the exact details but I think they've fixed that too.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
IIRC Mayflash (and all other adapters) have miniscule amounts of input lag due to not having drivers, I think that the dev's of the products were talking about fixing this. But if I recall Dolphin itself has a small amount of lag because of windows aero and it not being treated as an elevated-priority application or something, don't remember the exact details but I think they've fixed that too.
Is there some article(s) to all this so I can read into it further?

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I don't want to eat this Zero bar I have on my desk but we all know it's going to happen.
Well at least you'll know that it's high in fiber thanks to that scarf it's wearing.

Unless it's a red Zero bar. Then it should be high in iron and give you the power to hide yourself and repair yourself anytime you "die".

MLGF

Smash Lord
Yo, did I ever tell the story about how my friend didn't even sign up for Sm4sh and somehow made it out of pools? All the while taking tons of shots at Sm4sh as a whole?
No? It was glorious. Extremely weird and kinda a mean thing to do, but it was pretty damn hilarious all the same.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i like to tell people that mario kart wii is my favorite of the franchise, and then i pick automatic when i play people so they think i suck, then they get REALLY REALLY MAD when i beat them

....****ing christ i never realized how sadistic i am

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
you gay dah
"Gator"? Nah, that'd be @ Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222

i like to tell people that mario kart wii is my favorite of the franchise, and then i pick automatic when i play people so they think i suck, then they get REALLY REALLY MAD when i beat them

....****ing christ i never realized how sadistic i am
Automatic Blue Falcon FTW

Last edited:
Top Bottom