• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
This is hypocritical coming from someone who often doesn't pay attention in class, but remember that somebody is paying for that education so it's best to get the most bang for your buck. Especially when college tuition rates are so ridiculous nowadays. I'm still salty about undergrad costing $50k a semester lol

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I can't help but feel this. . .
This is temporal punishment for Alex Strife's wrongs. Perhaps others as well.
Regardless, this is most unfortunate. Also, screw regulation!

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
While there is some sort of karmic justice in all of this, I can't help but feel ridiculously sorry for everyone who spent money to fly out there. I'm seeing several CFL players on Facebook posting about it already.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
"Temporal punishment?" Really?

Smooth Criminal
Sure!
It's just a fancy way of saying karmic or cosmic justice, kinda, but still.
Okay well no. Temporal punishment usually has a clear causal link to the physical wrongdoing itself.
So I guess the other phrases would be more accurate unless some new info comes out.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm...well aware of what you meant, I just find the notion of (co)incidental stuff occurring to be some kinda punitive thing bull****.

But you're weird and hyper-intelligent, so.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Man everything from Karma to Mother Nature to fire marshals are bodying Apex right now. I hope they don't have to cancel the event.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Nah, bro, they seem pretty adamant about remedying the situation. You know how Smashers are. We'll run this **** outta somebody's garage if we have to.

Smooth Criminal

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Nah, bro, they seem pretty adamant about remedying the situation. You know how Smashers are. We'll run this **** outta somebody's garage if we have to.

Smooth Criminal
I hope so man. We'll do this old school run this joint outta basements and hotel rooms and what not.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Aye. The Smash community has strong folks in it who aren't likely to give up.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
They probably want to blame the hotel for this, but when you try and jam 1000s of people into a small space for the sheer novelty of being the biggest Smash event ever! and then have it blow up in your face, then you have to put the blame back where it belongs, with the organizers. They ain't getting any more Ninty money to screw up in the future.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
@ Comeback Kid Comeback Kid this is entirely on the venue, not the staff. The venue owners KNEW it was unsafe to run the event after the parking garage had collapsed and yet still ran with it.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Yeah like, the amount of danger that could have imposed on the players. Jesus, could you imagine if anyone got hurt because of that? It's almost a blessing in disguise the alarm got pulled because this could've gone south in a much worse way throughout the weekend...

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
uh so I just woke up and saw what happened, holy ****. I've been following the scene since 2004 and this is the first time I've seen this happen at a major.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
...This is a blessing in disguise.
Probably would've gotten more than a few folks killed if things had gone as planned, and then the roof came down.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
...Am I **** for finding this whole thing sorta entertaining?

Melee players be mad
Sm4sh players be sad
Isai sure ain't glad
PM players don't think it's so bad...

But yeah, I feel bad for a lot of people. But I just find this being quite possibly the most ****ed up series of events that I can't help but laugh.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I'm laughing only cause of some of the twitter posts and ****. This is seriously ****ed up IMO, if that alarm wasn't yanked there could have actually been like, injured or even dead people.

That scares me.

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
I am going to watch Apex. Also, people insulting me with Rosalina please stop. I don't like waifu stuff. I got my reasons. I will report people insulting me.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I am going to watch Apex. Also, people insulting me with Rosalina please stop. I don't like waifu stuff. I got my reasons. I will report people insulting me.
Not having a waifu is the same thing, as not having a soul. Why even live ;_;7

D

Deleted member

Isai knew this was gonna happen so he didn't come to apex this year. I feel bad for the other 64 dudes tho, many of them woulda had a shot at 1st without Isai there.
ive been telling people i had bad vibes about apex this year for like the last three months. idk what it was either, maybe it just smelled too much like MLG

Top Bottom