• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
More like Dantarion's clone Ganon confirmed

On another note, Nyaa is amazing and if you don't use it to get 720p anime then you're doing it wrong.

K.Louis

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2836-0421-0500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dhYQxYdbmo
Posted to the Melee social thread but you guys seem a lot more active here. Did something happen to Darkrain or is someone trying to make a really dumb death joke/match reference I'm not getting because I'm positive I would've heard something if something happened to Darkrain last week

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dhYQxYdbmo
Posted to the Melee social thread but you guys seem a lot more active here. Did something happen to Darkrain or is someone trying to make a really dumb death joke/match reference I'm not getting because I'm positive I would've heard something if something happened to Darkrain last week
Vid is dead :/

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Why shouldn't I use xsplit aside from the licensing thing
that's my question, I think I hate the Xsplit company now (their evil 15 second delay on the free version besides the lack of features with it, their password security issues making me have to reset mine) and so far haven't seen anything stand out to me that would make me like them over OBS: especially for the Xsplit free version. OBS seems to do everything without any ads and all that

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
That doesn't answer anything. What does obs offer that's better/easier than xsplit? Last I tried obs (a month or so ago iirc) it was harder to use than xsplit for adding and moving things around. You couldn't record while streaming either

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
My only pasts issues with Xsplit is that it wouldn't pick up my Dazzles sound, but that just might be Windows 8's fault. Also recording locally leaves a watermark, but I don't know if you'll do that.
I use OBS now, but that won't pick up my sound either, even after installing the Pinnacle sound drivers.
tl;dr I think Xsplit is better in the long run if you have the license.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
That doesn't answer anything. What does obs offer that's better/easier than xsplit? Last I tried obs (a month or so ago iirc) it was harder to use than xsplit for adding and moving things around. You couldn't record while streaming either
Yeah it took me a while to discover their way to move things but then once I found it you can move stuff like Xsplit, I haven't tested it with flipping between scenes mid-stream but it should be able to. The paid Xsplit version might have OBS beat in features, but there's also Start up time of the program (OBS is ready within 1 second of opening), Memory usage (important when I'm trying to record Dolphin), and all the other stuff I'd need to compare.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I think the vid is going to be demo 3.0 trailer or anything related

Happy 666th post :3

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I don't worry about the license :p
PM Me it plz :cool:

Here's the setting to get OBS to record locally as well, and it's by Warchamp7! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-L5zhhVuSc#t=429

Also I've messed with Debug menu in Dolphin Melee for a bit, and I'll eventually make a video explaining some things using its frame by frame and animation data. I wanted to do comparison things to describe P:M's features but I have trouble getting a 2nd player input to work for P:M Dolphin (1st player is GCC, and I want the 2nd to be Keyboard but it won't work) and I'd also need to figure out how to do Frame by Frame using Dolphin itself although the PMBR has their own debug menu code or something.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
i can record from xsplit while streaming. obs can't do that yet
Amarec+OBS master race.

My only pasts issues with Xsplit is that it wouldn't pick up my Dazzles sound, but that just might be Windows 8's fault. Also recording locally leaves a watermark, but I don't know if you'll do that.
I use OBS now, but that won't pick up my sound either, even after installing the Pinnacle sound drivers.
tl;dr I think Xsplit is better in the long run if you have the license.
This is because Dazzles are absolutely **** with their audio unless you use their software. I used this to fix it, you need to use it every time you start streaming: http://obsproject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6623

st: I prefer OBS for several reasons. The time it takes for it to start up and just start streaming is so good, the software is light and uses less resources. On top of that if it disconnects it's usually up again really quickly and you can also change settings while you are streaming. xsplit also has security issues and just recently had user passwords/stream keys compromised.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Just a few things that have worked against mega-pinser for me, balloon heatran (yay drizzle nerf), bulky dragonite, scarfed machamp, if my spec defensive zapdos is already in when the switch comes I'll trade it sometimes too. That's all I've really tried as I haven't been on smogon alot lately due to life + work, the machamp is gimmicky but surprisingly effective, mega-mawille is another thing I have wanted to try.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
As an Economics undergrad, that makes me sad... And I wrote some pretty terrible essays back in my day.
I constantly find that every essay I right relating to everyday situations is beyond horrible (I mean, they fulfill the criteria and everything), but fictional stories I write are beyond exceptional. As a business administration majoring undergrad, I am worried for my future and my inability to write well with regards to current day situations.

Sarix

Smash Ace
I think the worst thing I wrote was a 110 page screenplay about 2 years ago. I made it in like 6 weeks for a final project for my screenwriting class and despite getting an A, it was a bad manuscript. So many holes, forgetting show don't tell, awkward plot, etc. Thankfully I now can pace my writing and make screenplays that aren't disastrous haha.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
This is because Dazzles are absolutely **** with their audio unless you use their software. I used this to fix it, you need to use it every time you start streaming: http://obsproject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6623

st: I prefer OBS for several reasons. The time it takes for it to start up and just start streaming is so good, the software is light and uses less resources. On top of that if it disconnects it's usually up again really quickly and you can also change settings while you are streaming. xsplit also has security issues and just recently had user passwords/stream keys compromised.
Thanks Jolt.
I didn't know about all the Xsplit issues as of late, haven't used my Dazzle in so long. I think I might have lost it lol

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I think the worst thing I wrote was a 110 page screenplay about 2 years ago. I made it in like 6 weeks for a final project for my screenwriting class and despite getting an A, it was a bad manuscript. So many holes, forgetting show don't tell, awkward plot, etc. Thankfully I now can pace my writing and make screenplays that aren't disastrous haha.
See. I could use your help in writing if that's the case.

I have good ideas, but ideas are cheap. My plots need work, but most importantly. My articulation and execution in writing is terrible.

Pls halp

I also need to stop being lazy and respond to your PM lol.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 2

Sarix

Smash Ace
See. I could use your help in writing if that's the case.

I have good ideas, but ideas are cheap. My plots need work, but most importantly. My articulation and execution in writing is terrible.

Pls halp

I also need to stop being lazy and respond to your PM lol.

Lol yeah feel free to shoot ideas to me. I have a friend whom I talk to that just graduated with a screen writing degree that's helped me find my way.

I'm not impatient about your response to the PM hehe. Whenever I'm on Skype it usually takes about 2 minutes to get a reply because I write a few sentences.

Tlock

Smash Apprentice
If this is actually real, just wow.

http://www.p4rgaming.com/masahiro-sakurai-on-developing-smash-bros-4-killing-myself-would-be-the-cowards-way-out/

“People keep complaining that they want the game to be more like Melee,” continued Sakurai, “Some people made a modification of Brawl and now think that they’re better than me. I dare them to say that to my face. I’ll have a real brawl with them and show them that their little mod means nothing in the grand scheme of things. All they can do is make one of my games more like one of my other games. And when my new game comes out, everyone will stop playing their little project and play with a real game.”

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
If this is actually real, just wow.

http://www.p4rgaming.com/masahiro-sakurai-on-developing-smash-bros-4-killing-myself-would-be-the-cowards-way-out/

“People keep complaining that they want the game to be more like Melee,” continued Sakurai, “Some people made a modification of Brawl and now think that they’re better than me. I dare them to say that to my face. I’ll have a real brawl with them and show them that their little mod means nothing in the grand scheme of things. All they can do is make one of my games more like one of my other games. And when my new game comes out, everyone will stop playing their little project and play with a real game.”
I think it`s fake, I doubt Sakurai would agree to interview with the same people who made a huge article about how "just because your arm is injured doesn`t mean you have the right to care about your own well being. Make us a video game already you selfish loser".

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Lol yeah feel free to shoot ideas to me. I have a friend whom I talk to that just graduated with a screen writing degree that's helped me find my way.

I'm not impatient about your response to the PM hehe. Whenever I'm on Skype it usually takes about 2 minutes to get a reply because I write a few sentences.
Ill be adding you to skype then.

Or do me a favor and add me @ ghneko

I'd love to throw **** at you. I need opinions and critique.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Thanks Jolt.
I didn't know about all the Xsplit issues as of late, haven't used my Dazzle in so long. I think I might have lost it lol
Np. If you've lost it then it may be worth looking at a gv-usb2. Costs roughly the same as a dazzle does but runs at 60 fps and probably doesn't have audio driver issues. I was gonna order one myself and see what they are like.

Sarix

Smash Ace
Ill be adding you to skype then.

Or do me a favor and add me @ ghneko

I'd love to throw **** at you. I need opinions and critique.

I shall add you later then today. I have class at 1 and no Skype in our computer labs otherwise I would do it sooner. Hopefully I'll be out by 2:30 and home by 3ish. I am totally up to listening to your ideas and giving objective critiques. It'll help my creative process flow as well.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Free Xsplit restricts you to crap sound quality. OBS lets you set high quality audio for free (although now that I read the thread I see that this isn't an issue for you...)
OBS has a MUCH better scene editor than Xsplit. After having to stop using OBS, this is the thing that I miss the most. It's so hard to resize things properly in Xsplit, and especially trying to align them with certain things/the edges of the screen is needlessly difficult and inaccurate.
And if you're talking about storing local recordings while streaming, OBS definitely does that; you must have skipped over that option in the settings.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Np. If you've lost it then it may be worth looking at a gv-usb2. Costs roughly the same as a dazzle does but runs at 60 fps and probably doesn't have audio driver issues. I was gonna order one myself and see what they are like.
I just looked one up on Amazon, the price is reasonable, I'm just a bit worried since it seems like it only comes in Japanese at the moment.

Top Bottom