• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Ive already heard shofu's and its sick, but i think shizzy's has better flow and a better beat
Hmmm I like Shofu's lyrics more. Honestly I feel like Shizzy goes out of control sometimes. Shofu manages to keep in control all the time. I've heard some of Shofu's non-pokemon stuff, and it's amazing. Maybe I'm just biased.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Hmmm I like Shofu's lyrics more. Honestly I feel like Shizzy goes out of control sometimes. Shofu manages to keep in control all the time. I've heard some of Shofu's non-pokemon stuff, and it's amazing. Maybe I'm just biased.
Its just a matter of conflicting tastes, nothing more. When i listen to rap i usually like the beats and flow more than lyrics themselves.
maybe we can turn this thread into a rap+light press airdodge discusion...

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Light Press Air Dodge is a travesty.

It's disgusting.

No feedback upon inputting a command through a controller? What kind of nightmare world is this?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I don't know about you, but I have haptic feedback enabled on my android. For almost everything.

I leave rumble on when I play smash.

I make sure my games have rumble enabled.

Haptic feedback in gaming and technology is necessary for me.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I was going to post a link to the only set I've ever had recorded, but I can't figure out how to get the ****in' "copy link address at this time" option to appear on twitch, so I have a good excuse to not show myself losing (but barely) to the first Ivysaur I've ever played (excluding casual players).
so if you want to steal my ROB tricksies, you're gonna have to work for it: http://www.twitch.tv/louisiana_melee/b/480344865
I'm the ROB with the DF tag, its somewhere in the recording, P:M singles was after doubles

**** razor leaf man
at least ROB has a way to deal with it, and only because he can approach and reflect at the same time; what the **** are other characters even supposed to DO about that move?

9Kplus1

Smash Master
So thread, I have a really important question to ask: How do you guys check Mega Pinsir? I'm legitimately baffled at how it's possible to keep something that can 2HKO Skarm with its second-strongest physical attack (+2, but that's not hard to get with the defensive boosts) in check without centralizing an entire team around checking it. It's also fast enough to kick my **** off before I notice, so RKing it through those means is tough. Like, ****, Aegis needs some really hardcore defensive investment, KS, AND Head Smash to even have a chance at beating non-EQ variants; Zapdos needs some pretty hardcore defense investment to not get OHKOed after rocks; and every other relevant Flying resist gets done in by X-Scissor (inb4 Carbink). I've asked everywhere else and figured that SOMEONE here may have had better luck than me :<

p.s-Diancie needs to hurry up and be real :(

p.p.s-inb4 "SR"

metroid1117

Smash Master
I was going to post a link to the only set I've ever had recorded, but I can't figure out how to get the ****in' "copy link address at this time" option to appear on twitch, so I have a good excuse to not show myself losing (but barely) to the first Ivysaur I've ever played (excluding casual players).
so if you want to steal my ROB tricksies, you're gonna have to work for it: http://www.twitch.tv/louisiana_melee/b/480344865
I'm the ROB with the DF tag, its somewhere in the recording, P:M singles was after doubles

**** razor leaf man
at least ROB has a way to deal with it, and only because he can approach and reflect at the same time; what the **** are other characters even supposed to DO about that move?
I didn't look for the match, but to post time stamps on Twitch, it's exactly the same as YouTube except you use "?" instead of "&". For example, if you wanted to link to a point 25 minutes into a Twitch video, you would add "?t=25m" at the end of the URL.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Talonflame is a pretty solid check, basically guaranteed to revenge it.
Something like Mamoswine would also probably do pretty well as long as it can come in before a Swords Dance.
RotomW maybe? Though that could backfire pretty quickly if they predict the switch and don't Mega Evolve and hit you with a Mold Breaker Earthquake.

edit
also just being able to keep rocks up with something that can keep setting them up throughout the match is a serious hamper to Mega Pinsir.
25% on his first switch, and then 50% afterwards.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Talonflame is a pretty solid check, basically guaranteed to revenge it.
Something like Mamoswine would also probably do pretty well as long as it can come in before a Swords Dance.
RotomW maybe? Though that could backfire pretty quickly if they predict the switch and don't Mega Evolve and hit you with a Mold Breaker Earthquake.

edit
also just being able to keep rocks up with something that can keep setting them up throughout the match is a serious hamper to Mega Pinsir.
25% on his first switch, and then 50% afterwards.
I love watching people talk about competitive Pokemon.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
So thread, I have a really important question to ask: How do you guys check Mega Pinsir? I'm legitimately baffled at how it's possible to keep something that can 2HKO Skarm with its second-strongest physical attack (+2, but that's not hard to get with the defensive boosts) in check without centralizing an entire team around checking it. It's also fast enough to kick my **** off before I notice, so RKing it through those means is tough. Like, ****, Aegis needs some really hardcore defensive investment, KS, AND Head Smash to even have a chance at beating non-EQ variants; Zapdos needs some pretty hardcore defense investment to not get OHKOed after rocks; and every other relevant Flying resist gets done in by X-Scissor (inb4 Carbink). I've asked everywhere else and figured that SOMEONE here may have had better luck than me :<

p.s-Diancie needs to hurry up and be real :(

p.p.s-inb4 "SR"
First off, STealth Rock. It takes 25% health and Multiscale Dragonite with Dragon Tail does wonders, forcing it out and when it comes back in, it'll die. Aegislash doesn't exactly need hardcore defensive investment, since it gets a god-defense already. Against Non-EQ Pokemon, Aegislash is one of the godliest Pokemon made, with access to moves like Swords Dance, King's Shield, Shadow Sneak, and Sacred Sword or Iron Head as a filler move. Aegislash is also good enough in shield form to abuse Weakness policy to forgo Swords Dance.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Well, the problem with "SR + offensive play" is that lots of people are creaming themselves over Defog, which makes it tough to keep up in a match (and a smart opp will just take advantage on the turns you waste trying to get SR up). Volcarona gets slapped hard by SR because it has defined checks that don't have to go far out of their way to keep it in its place. That said, Aegislash and Rotom are also pretty shaky checks if the player using Pinsir isn't knows what to do; max HP Aegis gets trashed by +2 Return (meanwhile, max Attack only manages a measly 59% max with Iron Head, which forces both players to think (and no, "prediction" doesn't constitute as a good check to anything that supposedly isn't broken)), and Rotom by unboosted X-Scissor (physically defensive takes 88% max from +2, but chipping 25%~ off of Rotom-W's health is super easy in this generation. Anyway, Talonflame is definitely a good option, but wearing it down isn't particularly hard, and it needs a ton of Speed investment to ensure that QA doesn't snipe it.

Oh and getting .01% on Dragonite isn't hard either lol o3o

I should also take this moment to mention that base 120 Defense makes RKing Pinsir via priority very, very hard.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Well, the problem with "SR + offensive play" is that lots of people are creaming themselves over Defog, which makes it tough to keep up in a match (and a smart opp will just take advantage on the turns you waste trying to get SR up). Volcarona gets slapped hard by SR because it has defined checks that don't have to go far out of their way to keep it in its place. That said, Aegislash and Rotom are also pretty shaky checks if the player using Pinsir isn't knows what to do; max HP Aegis gets trashed by +2 Return (meanwhile, max Attack only manages a measly 59% max with Iron Head, which forces both players to think (and no, "prediction" doesn't constitute as a good check to anything that supposedly isn't broken)), and Rotom by unboosted X-Scissor (physically defensive takes 88% max from +2, but chipping 25%~ off of Rotom-W's health is super easy in this generation. Anyway, Talonflame is definitely a good option, but wearing it down isn't particularly hard, and it needs a ton of Speed investment to ensure that QA doesn't snipe it.

Oh and getting .01% on Dragonite isn't hard either lol o3o

I should also take this moment to mention that base 120 Defense makes RKing Pinsir via priority very, very hard.
This definitely makes sense. I've had some issues with Defog, and found out that Froslass Taunters or Accelgor Final Gambits are generally a good answer in anticipation against Defog, though Froslass' use in competitive play is negligible outside of Utility. Intimidate users can technically check Pinsir just to get the attack damage lower. Mega Gengar with Perish Song or Destiny Bond (YOLO) can't exactly be considered a check against Pinsir, though it does get the Pinsir problem solved. TalonFlame and Crobat seem like good checks but they can't come in on predicted Stone Edges, but are fast enough/have enough priority to hit Pinsir for Super Effecitve Damage. I don't exactly believe Aegi is the exact best choice either, as Pinsir has access to Earthquake, which is a big enough headache for any set of Aegislash. One of the things I don't exactly understand is whether Pinsir's ability works only for itself when it's in play.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Anybody hate those assignments that force you to write like, a minimum of 300 words about something you can explain perfectly in like a sentence?

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Sounds like all college level English courses to me.
Please describe the current economic standing of the United States?
Answer: We're in debt. Pretty deep. Pretty bad standing in credit, we are in.

Wrote this in an in class college assignment. I shudder for my grade.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality

Lmao honestly, I love English courses because writing is fun depending on how interesting the topic is, but the professors always choose a crap topic.
I'm currently in the works of a 5-6 page essay on "defining privacy" and I just want to respond with 'Non-existent' and call it a day.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof

As an Economics undergrad, that makes me sad... And I wrote some pretty terrible essays back in my day.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I can't take the humanities seriously.
From my experience and from what has been related to me, humanities professors invariably have some sort of agenda, and doing well in their classes consists of parroting their opinions. Which is not surprising, considering their research consists of expressing their opinions.
With the exception, of course, of things like linguistics.

Top Bottom