• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
real talk it's far more adult-like to skip a tournament due to potential bodily injury than to play through it. i'm pretty worried for hax's future if he does play in APEX.
I know, it was just a joke from an earlier post I made about him

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Melee social is pretty kay everytime I have gone there.

Smash 4 Falco boards are chill too. PM Falco boards suck. Everyone would rather complain about the "recloning" of Falco than learning to b-turnaround -> shinegrab -> grab-release -> RAR Bair, which his his best kill option, that I just invented right now in my mind.

Edit: I'm going to bring my GC controller to school because a guy I know brings his laptop with Dolphin and Mayflash adapter. Every lunch is a 15-min Melee fest. It is actually really badass.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Why would you ever play dota 1 over dota 2 apart from the few missing heroes
Can Dota 2
Map an item trigger to Space Bar, another to Mouse scroll up, and another to mouse scroll down? (I use Dota keys program to do this in Dota 1)
Control group my carrier to "1", my character to "2", and fortify/respawn buy beacon to "3"?
Single press of the control group selects the object, double press puts your camera over to it?

Does it have Shift hold queue commands?

Every character in Dota 2 looks ugly; Wc3 had inspired yet simplistic and easy to determine character models and effects that were both friendly looking yet not child-like (like Melee). The map scrolling doesn't match Wc3's wonderful engine, as well as basically everything.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Can Dota 2
Map an item trigger to Space Bar, another to Mouse scroll up, and another to mouse scroll down? (I use Dota keys program to do this in Dota 1)
Control group my carrier to "1", my character to "2", and fortify/respawn buy beacon to "3"?
Single press of the control group selects the object, double press puts your camera over to it?

Every character in Dota 2 looks ugly; Wc3 had inspired yet simplistic and easy to determine character models and effects that were both friendly looking yet not child-like (like Melee). The map scrolling doesn't match Wc3's wonderful engine, as well as basically everything.
You can do all of that except maybe mousewheel (but prolly that too). I think that isometric views are terrible, but otherwise camera controls work as expected (you can change speed and deceleration too).

Edit: Admit that grab release RAR bair is a godlike mix up.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Can Dota 2

Pretty sure all of that is possible like lizalfos said, dunno about the scrolling tho.

Also I think you have a wonky idea of what looks good or ugly. If smash 4 and dota 2 graphics are ugly in your book, then I don't know what to say.
Dota 1 pudge looks like a walking icecube holding butcher knives. Dota 2 pudge looks like...pudge
I mean sure, a lot of dota 2 heroes look ugly, but they are by no means uglier than their dota 1 selves.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Whether one's appearance, is, pardon the horribly clichéd stock phrase, hot or not is completely up to people's opinions.

So, you know the drill.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
His whole planet gets wiped out...

It's not like they couldn't have just gone to the sun and become energizer bunny.

Melee social is pretty kay everytime I have gone there.

Smash 4 Falco boards are chill too. PM Falco boards suck. Everyone would rather complain about the "recloning" of Falco than learning to b-turnaround -> shinegrab -> grab-release -> RAR Bair, which his his best kill option, that I just invented right now in my mind.

Edit: I'm going to bring my GC controller to school because a guy I know brings his laptop with Dolphin and Mayflash adapter. Every lunch is a 15-min Melee fest. It is actually really badass.
I'm going to hang out a bit for first lunch and JV 5 stock you all really quick.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Cats.

Adorable little things, they often can be.

But it never fails, that one moment I'm actually trying to practice that 1 frame landing lag cancel trick in Smash 4 someone posted earlier and then suddenly THIS GUY does everything in his power to keep my attention off the game.

Eh, maybe he's just trying to tell me to stop and play more PM instead.

Jacob29

Smash Ace
Can Dota 2

Yeah I'm certain it can do nearly all of that. If not definitely all of that via console command macros.

Yes it has Shift queue commands 100% I use them all the time because they are handy as heck.

Well I personally like Dota 2's art style. Possibly over WC3, but yeah the art style is pretty baller.

Well I actually dislike WC3s map scrolling, don't know how you could find it superior.

If you don't know there was shift queue commands, how can you say "wc3 engine is way better at basically everything". Seem's like you haven't tried dota 2 much.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
So, you haven't played Sonic Boom, then?
I dont need to play Sonic Boom to know that it's complete garbage and is Sonic 06 2015.

But Sega != Sonic. They're successful in so many other ways and have been profiting for the past 1-2 fiscal years.

They dominate the arcade world in Japan, and their top grossing game is PSO2.

They just dont know what to do with Sonic.

D

Deleted member

literally everyone in this thread ok:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Can't sega just design a platformer that controls well?
Just make a game without homing attack and boosts. When that feels good, then go add interesting features.

If they want a critically acclaimed game, make a 2D platformer with speedrunning in mind. Only add homing attacks if they provide depth. If they are in just so I can press A to easily kill an enemy, you did it wrong. Every time I use homing attack in a Sonic game, I die inside, it isn't cool or fun or satisfying. In Mega Man, I weave around obstacles and put in shots when I can. In Mario, I jump at enemies at the correct trajectory and get a satisfying stomp. In Sonic, I jump, press A, enemy dies without any risk for me, and then I awkwardly bounce backwards. It is the worst feeling

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Can't sega just design a platformer that controls well?
Just make a game without homing attack and boosts. When that feels good, then go add interesting features.

If they want a critically acclaimed game, make a 2D platformer with speedrunning in mind. Only add homing attacks if they provide depth. If they are in just so I can press A to easily kill an enemy, you did it wrong. Every time I use homing attack in a Sonic game, I die inside, it isn't cool or fun or satisfying. In Mega Man, I weave around obstacles and put in shots when I can. In Mario, I jump at enemies at the correct trajectory and get a satisfying stomp. In Sonic, I jump, press A, enemy dies without any risk for me, and then I awkwardly bounce backwards. It is the worst feeling
You're absolutely right. There's not much excuse for the massive failures, especially in today's world, where small studios have produced fantastic precision platformers like Dustforce that, in some ways, feel more like what a Sonic game should feel like than today's Sonic games do. Clean, slick, and flowing, while rewarding speed and reflexes and thoroughness.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
speaking of games, how about that nintendo direct in the morning tho.
Holding out for metroid u, or at least some mo zelda footage

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
sonic has never been good

like sonic boom is a special kind of bad yes but even the genesis games suck as far as gameplay goes

Lizalfos

Smash Master
@Nintendo Direct 4chan leak seems reasonable enough. It should be instantly obvious if it isn't real anyway, so that is my expectation until something feels off.

Did they always suck, or did they poorly age Bleck? I'm not clear on what you are trying to get at.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
@ ~Dad~ ~Dad~ I finally gave up

I cant handle this assmote i've had to use since I left my good one at home

I'm finally switching to a gamecube controller, but not just any gc controller

Top Bottom