• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Wake me up when Nintendo stops giving a **** about sponsoring nationals so my scene can pick up PM again.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Wake me up when Nintendo stops giving a **** about sponsoring nationals so my scene can pick up PM again.
After seeing Melee entrant numbers, maybe there are more practical reasons as for why they didn't add another game similar to Melee?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Ehh, doubtful. The sponsorship is a huge part of it. Numbers are something we'd get a lot more foresight on if it would have actually caused problems or more importantly, they'd just set a cap on PM attendance instead of removing it outright.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
If anyone cares, here are some new notable players that have registered to Apex as of late:
Kizzu
Blea Gelo
Nintendude
Westballz
Lucky
Mango
MattDotZeb
MacD
Eddy Mexico
Kels
Kalamazhu
Vist
SloX
HMW
Reno
DoH
Alex19

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Salt over all of the "Oh, muh PM get effed over, waaaaaah" thing will change nothing, so wat r u casuls doing

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
After seeing Melee entrant numbers, maybe there are more practical reasons as for why they didn't add another game similar to Melee?
"This game is too popular, so we can't include it".
Somehow I doubt that that was the reason.

It's clearly the sponsorship, if Nintendo wasn't involved they probably would've just cut out Brawl.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Gaming companies don't directly support unofficial mods, lol, they are a form of competition.
(barring extreme circumstances)

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It's more like the scene's dead for PM here now (after Paragon at least), I don't have any time to manage my own locals for it, and it was the main thing keeping me interested in practicing other Smash games. Sorry I'm upset that the only thread keeping me attached to a series of games that I've enjoyed a lot of my time with is effectively gone until further notice.

Also, please don't be the kind of guy that throws in "waah"'s when deliberately exaggerating someone's post.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
That drawing of Leffen looks oddly like

which is fitting if you consider the gods are the Elite Four I guess.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
About PM intrest falling, it is because 4. So many top PM players are Brawl players.

My biggest problem is that I can't go to people's houses because my parents are strict. It is one thing to say that this fest is hosted by this guy I know well and another to arrive there and everyone has graduated high school.

Like I have a better chance at TOing an event than going to a fest. I really need to learn to drive.

Is a pentecostal church a good venue?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
About PM intrest falling, it is because 4. So many top PM players are Brawl players.

My biggest problem is that I can't go to people's houses because my parents are strict. It is one thing to say that this fest is hosted by this guy I know well and another to arrive there and everyone has graduated high school.

Like I have a better chance at TOing an event than going to a fest. I really need to learn to drive.

Is a pentecostal church a good venue?
Churches make good venues, they often have good big halls to rent out. The downsides are theres not normally easy to get to food for the smashers (unless you have venue fee and are providing food), smashers tend to have bad habits like weed/alcohol that aren't really something pastors like to be consumed in their parking lots.
also normally ****ty Internet (Jesus doesn't need wifi)

JOE!

Smash Hero
Churches make good venues, they often have good big halls to rent out. The downsides are theres not normally easy to get to food for the smashers (unless you have venue fee and are providing food), smashers tend to have bad habits like weed/alcohol that aren't really something pastors like to be consumed in their parking lots.
also normally ****ty Internet (Jesus doesn't need wifi)
Depending on your main you may also burst into flames when you enter the church too

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Friend I most regularly get to play PM against is moving to Alabama, need to get my ass to a venue for KS Smash soon if I want to keep playing. Managed to join a KS FB Smash group, so with any luck I'll get to throw Mario's fist into that pile.

On another note, I finally got my new mic in the mail and have begun working on PM announcer vocals, but I'm curious if it sounds good or not . Coming up with the right voice to not sound like either Pat Cashman or Xander Harris and yet still fit the enthusiastic tone of Smash Bros.
Any criticism is appreciated, thanks if you checked it out.
https://soundcloud.com/pwnz0rz_man/pm-announcer-menu-sounds-take-1

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I don't agree with the quitting, but at this point I think it's pretty cool.

I'm gonna pick up falco for a week and see what I can do with that.
If you wanna play Falco in smash 4 you have to repent for his sins so you can play him effectively LMAO.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Friend I most regularly get to play PM against is moving to Alabama, need to get my *** to a venue for KS Smash soon if I want to keep playing. Managed to join a KS FB Smash group, so with any luck I'll get to throw Mario's fist into that pile.

On another note, I finally got my new mic in the mail and have begun working on PM announcer vocals, but I'm curious if it sounds good or not . Coming up with the right voice to not sound like either Pat Cashman or Xander Harris and yet still fit the enthusiastic tone of Smash Bros.
Any criticism is appreciated, thanks if you checked it out.
https://soundcloud.com/pwnz0rz_man/pm-announcer-menu-sounds-take-1
Sounds professional, but I'm still seeking some person that instantly clicks for Project M; or otherwise the best Jack Sparrow voice impersonator out there.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
werent you gonna make a recording of a certain holiday special?
I was willing to do something, but I remember being told that it was just a joke. So I assumed that it wasn't actually wanted.

Give it a shot
Can do. I'm definitely all for joke announcers on the side. I'll probably need to write up a different script for Capt. Jack though, as there have to be some mentions of rum and drunken Keith Richards ramblings.

JOE!

Smash Hero
If you could do a recording like the narrator of the original grinch Cartoon for it that'd be gahlike

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
If you could do a recording like the narrator of the original grinch Cartoon for it that'd be gahlike
I have actually made a Grinch parody at one point. It's old and crappy in quality, but it's a full Yugioh parody called "How the Kaiba stole Christmas" read by Pegasus J Crawford. It's on this PC somewhere, I think.

EDIT: Wow, this is really staticky. I need to redo this with a decent quality. Here is is if you're interested. It's dumb though and at least 10 years old. https://soundcloud.com/pwnz0rz_man/how-the-kaiba-stole-christmas

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Just imagine a man gutterally growling "FOOOOOOOOOOOOX" at the top of his lungs all screamo like.
That's going to hurt my throat, but I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: On another note, anyone know where I can grab a clean version of the Brawl brsar for custom announcering?

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Try to sound like Nathan Explosion during the beginning of the Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle.

Alternatively, try to sound like Hansi Kursch.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Just had a good hour lasting Dota 1 game (very lucky to get one going, it's pretty much almost dead); I've only been able to get in a few this whole year. Man, MOBAs are demanding. It's just another one of the hundreds of thousands of pub game you're doing that don't mean anything, but you want to win it; and you will not go AFK long at all or nothin to risk losin.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Just had a good hour lasting Dota 1 game (very lucky to get one going, it's pretty much almost dead); I've only been able to get in a few this whole year. Man, MOBAs are demanding. It's just another one of the hundreds of thousands of pub game you're doing that don't mean anything, but you want to win it; and you will not go AFK long at all or nothin to risk losin.
The fact that the games are so demanding and that you tend to get paired up with a bunch of people you don't know are among the top reasons that I haven't been able to get into them. Friend tried to get me into DOTA 2, but it just didn't click with me.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
The fact that the games are so demanding and that you tend to get paired up with a bunch of people you don't know are among the top reasons that I haven't been able to get into them. Friend tried to get me into DOTA 2, but it just didn't click with me.
Well yeah everything besides Dota 1 sucks. The worst part is indeed not being able to go AFK often. Getting paired up with random people is fine though, I mean they're all plebs for not playing good games like Dota 1, but it's a very nice experience if you get decent people.

The thing I miss just as much though is all the other Wc3 custom games; which are all pretty much dead. If I was sent back in time Wc3 custom games would def. be one of the things I would enjoy the most to see again. I even made some of my own and all that (you guys would love the humor in them). If only Wc3 was made free and everyone could enjoy custom games with me again.

People don't even enjoy themselves playing games today, like stopping by at my local Gaming Center after picking up a Pizza; they're all just letting themselves die inside playing LoL. Custom games had everything, and Wc3 4v4 Battlenet was also great times; you enjoyed the hell out of everything.
This would be 2006 to 2010/2011 or so when Smash started takin over. And before Wc3 it was Runescape, I have no clue on the age ranges I was for that.

Yeah games totally suck now. I feel sorry for this generation of kid gamers.

Some days it feels like these 20 years haven't been much, other times it's like I've already lived a life-time and half of it is just foggy memories.

Eventually they'll be able to have a mini camera attached to a necklace they'll give to kids and tell'em to wear, that uploads constant video to a global cloud network with Wifi everywhere. And when they're 20 they'll be told that necklace had a camera in it the whole time and here is a computer generated hour montage of your life so far to watch; and it'll freak'em the **** out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom