• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
That feel when you are hyped for your weeklies to restart today, only to find out that they do so next week.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I think the idea of Touhou Smash is kinda cool, but it irks me that they're using this Brawlish look. IMO, a Touhou fighter is one of the very reasons pixel art exists. :/

Edit: Really, they need to reopen the crowdfunding JUST so I can throw my money at them to get a decent look going in this project. GIB PIXEL ART FLANDRE PLZ, DO WANT, DO NEED!!!

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
More on the Touhou fighter, I'm really not in the league of folks that expect a game with these kinds of stretch goals to be completed by 3 PEOPLE. I mean, the game sounds like it could be ****ing amazing in concept but really? These guy could really use more folks on their team, considering how thin this could stretch them.

(Also, artstyle gripes. Sprite artwork, Handrawn Backgrounds, this game could use them. Get some more bros/broettes on this team so you can really balance, playtest, and POLISH this.)

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I think it's considered rude to publicly wincest ship people irl bit I'm not sure

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Every single time I leave to cook up some pasta, every thread I frequent has gotten hella weird by the time I get back.

I see this time is no exception.

huh? no. just a long time ago i remember saying that i hoped you used the pugilite theme

and no one acknowledged it..
lolpug

I must not have been in the thread at the time or it's too far back for me to remember.

But yup. Sugilite has the right shade of purple and the right kinda black that leaves me happy and please everytime I'm here. Makes it easier for me to come several times a day since I always have something good to look at.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Unknown522 would be my favorite Smasher if he choked more people

and I think I've found out most people named Lucas are self-centered

I think the idea of Touhou Smash is kinda cool, but it irks me that they're using this Brawlish look. IMO, a Touhou fighter is one of the very reasons pixel art exists. :/

Edit: Really, they need to reopen the crowdfunding JUST so I can throw my money at them to get a decent look going in this project. GIB PIXEL ART FLANDRE PLZ, DO WANT, DO NEED!!!
Wait do you not want it to be 3d models?
She is out there Mad, I promise :'(
If I was just granted some super power to go and win Apex that'd help a lot of things. Delusions of Grandeur hype =(

Dr.PP still hasn't mentioned what he's depressed about has he?

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Some dude disagreed with me about which Zelda game was best so I changed his name to Oracle of Ages is better

Circlejerk subs are the best

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I think it means girlfriend.

Which I dont think anyone here has.
Cuz grills are icky

In other news I made a 4 stock comback against neon/heysuess on stream after my cpu fox died. Neon kept trying to jump off stage and dair me so I just gimped him. Gnw/fox best team, would team with cpu fox again. He laser camps, I get a full bucket and crouch. He always does the best recovery option, I can trust him to roll when he should, always punishes optimally, gets off the ledge for me when I'm recovering, he's like the perfect doubles partner.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542

Zynux

Smash Lord
Poots and poots' bro, I need dat source on the avvy's pls.
Kushina43:

• Original Source is here, but you need a Pixiv account to view. Also, there is NSFW images in his gallery so be warned if you decide to venture deeper then what I provided. [This one is a PNG with transparency]
  • Source 2, the one in Kushina's avatar, seems to likely be an edit of the original (since it has an added grey background). Also, Kushina's version is flipped compared to this source.
  • Character: Namie Yagiri (from Durarara!!)

PootisKonga:

• Source: Was also on Pixiv but long since been deleted. Here's an archive on Zerochan
  • Characters: As Pootis said, Kushina Uzumaki from Naruto

There you go.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Came back from the FG tourney with smash as well 2 hours ago and I did bad in every game I entered that wasn't PM and I haven't touched it for a good month or so but alot of it was due to out of practice. Oh well time to grind and study moar.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I forgot, I want to beat PaperBoy. I just played that game as a super young kid and remember sucking when I got to the cone part. There has to be some sick ending where you throw papers to beat a demon house boss.

Train you body to produce adrenaline on command... or buy a lot of EpiPens
I could have a shot at winning PM if they had custom control Light press Air Dodge (and even more so with 1 frame of buffer being legal, and even more so so with 2 frames of buffer [for certain characters] which I do not endorse but it would cement the open gateway to the world of early/double aerials that 1 frame of buffer unlocks and I would be able to open all your third eyes past their overabundance of fluoride blocking the infinite possibilities of game changing glory).

@ Soft Serve Soft Serve Love lvl9 CPU Fox. He doesn't play no games.

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Unknown522 would be my favorite Smasher if he choked more people

and I think I've found out most people named Lucas are self-centered

Wait do you not want it to be 3d models?

If I was just granted some super power to go and win Apex that'd help a lot of things. Delusions of Grandeur hype =(

Dr.PP still hasn't mentioned what he's depressed about has he?
I actually don't think I'd want 3D models in this case, unless they get a real good lighting system and some nice vibrant textures to really bring out the tooniness of the characters. I mean, if they were to somehow do as well as the team behind JoJo's BA:ASB in the art of capturing the essence of the fan and official illustrations, I'd be fine with it. For now however, it still has a real bland polygon-doll feel, something Smash also had leading up to Smash 4, and is most notable in Brawl where there is little compensation in color to save the models from looking lifeless. I'm not expecting them to have fantastic art in this game from the developmental get go, but it's certainly something that takes some looking into once you're actually talking about releasing demos and crowdfunding a project.

Edit: Here's a look the JoJo game I brought up. Notice how it takes this serious contrast and outlines to get a real Manga/Comic Book feel.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm sorry but Smash in 2d loses so much. The Z-axis of the game is very real (which the game actually calls the X-axis or something in Brawlbox): I haven't delved into this aspect but it essentially is affecting almost every part of the game. Spot dodges just seem to be the only example I have for now.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhJUOzWK05k (Sword attacks dip into the Z-axis like Link's up-tilt, body parts dip into the Z-axis)

Smash 4 just has awful (well as in evil) aesthetics, first looking at for instance the huge blob of desaturated green mush that appears that use to be a nice indicator for missed tech and what not.

But yeah the best Smash derivative that could exist besides PM, would be PM but with realistic Animals.

All the stages would be high quality real landscapes. Admiring the wonderfulness of real life nature.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahQpZP1O204 like this except... wtf they show bone graphics? This games gettin more ****ed.. this needs to be in GTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehbCNrnhAQU#t=879 they're all out to getcha! Kablamo!

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Gonna replay darksiders 2. Shame the studio died, wanted sequels with famine and pestilence
Strife and Fury (Conquest and Famine).

The foresight to create a trilogy was definitely there, but THQ bit the dust before it finished. I think Nordic Games bought all the rights to it, but who knows if we'll see another. Was one of my favorite original series from last gen.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Was scrolling through the Apex registree list, decided to make another notable list

Apex 2015

Notable Melee entrants:
Eggm
The Moon
gaR
Abadango
Loki
Kounotori
Eikelmann
Zanguzen
Calle W
Phish-it