• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

falcon PUNCH!!!

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
sw-5103-3346-4530
I'm not sure why you needed to post that so many times.

However, I am pretty sure that you did need to. huh.
I didn't need 2 but I wanted to soooooo YAH play me sometime?
What is your FC? Mine is 0864-9941-6433 I just played a friend without any major lag spikes.

Please edit your post so the Gif only shows once.
my fc is2926-5783-6322

Lizalfos

Smash Master
See the thing is, Melee is easy to learn, difficult to master, whereas I can't do even basic combos in KOF because the inputs are super strict.

I'll give it a couple weeks but damn.
Play MOBAs there is more money and zero tech.
----------------
Who was holding that sign tho?

Bleck

Smash Master
See the thing is, Melee is easy to learn, difficult to master, whereas I can't do even basic combos in KOF because the inputs are super strict.
kof is the melee of street fighter-likes - horrible balance and ridiculously strict inputs but something something combos

Bleck

Smash Master
so are you saying that kof is the best fighting game

or melee is the best fighting game

or uhhhh what

Foo

Smash Lord
any game where dudes beat up other dudes is a fighting game
Is my father's interaction with me a fighting game?*

*I am not actually a victim of domestic abuse, thank you for your concern.

I remember hearing Smash being classified as a "platform fighter" around the time I started looking at Rivals of Aether

Platform fighter is a sub-genre. Still in the same genre, just slightly more subdivided. Kind of like how tactical shooters and twitch shooters are still both FPS.

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Technically Wikipedia's openness and its moderation of errors make it one of the most factually accurate sites on the internet, though I heard that a long time ago and don't know if anything has changed since then

Foo

Smash Lord
Jeesh, I thought I wrote a witty jab, not an essay lol. If you really want sources, you can go to the wiki page for fighting games and check out the first 10 or so sources, but I wasn't trying to write a scholarly argument. If we want to be really technical, Soft Serve made the claim that smash isn't a fighting game, so the burden of proof is on him, but !@#$ that, this is the social thread. WE NEED MORE WRESTLING GIFS, MORE ROBOT GIFS, aND MORE MS PAINT DOCS

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Wikipedia is cool and I use it constantly, but at times I question what it's moderators motives are when they actively choose to include opinion pieces from sub-par journalists in wiki entries when said journalists are basically contributing nothing of value to the subject matter and are essentially making baseless speculation about a thing they probably have only heard of in passing.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Jeesh, I thought I wrote a witty jab, not an essay lol. If you really want sources, you can go to the wiki page for fighting games and check out the first 10 or so sources, but I wasn't trying to write a scholarly argument. If we want to be really technical, Soft Serve made the claim that smash isn't a fighting game, so the burden of proof is on him, but !@#$ that, this is the social thread. WE NEED MORE WRESTLING GIFS, MORE ROBOT GIFS, aND MORE MS PAINT DOCS
On the real I think Smash should be classified as a platform-sumo/king of the kill-fighter. platform fighter is more PSAllstars

But its just smash.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Heard Diem commentate for the first time today
I was gonna have a heart attack thinking he would cast melee top 8 at Apex. Then I saw Doom's post explaining that Diem was intentionally sounding like a 1940's radio announcer, in which case, damn he did a fine job. The content of his commentary was actually really nice and enjoyable to listen.

@ steelguttey steelguttey sick avi dude
@ Lizalfos Lizalfos
damn it I had 4200 likes before you like that
why you do this
Karma's a Peach, my friend.

Top Bottom