• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
For the last two weeks, I've probably listened to 40 hours of metroid remixes while studying. I have no clue why.

Sad part is all the metroid ost's compiled together don't even come close to 40 hours..

oh, and christmas songs while driving

Bleck

Smash Master
While I love this comic, I hate the fact that I'm going to see this comic used in pretty much every argument against melee from here on out.
don't worry bud I don't need a comic

also my go-to playlist for music is every SNES chiptune that's available

Last edited:

JOE!

Smash Hero
I'll bet anyone 20 bucks that kirby grabbing the ledge backwards on the way down gets patched out.
Cool things aren't allowed.
Cool things aren't allowed, unless they're shiny.

Also, my only gripe with smash 4 so far is that while there are combos, they are sort of "samey/flowchart" for a lot of characters. Like, Throw -> same aerial X times for essentially free -> neutral again.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
My only major problem with smash 4 is that ****ing buffer. **** that thing, it messes me up ten times more than helping.

Maybe it wouldn't be an issue if I stopped trying to l cancel

SpiderMad

Smash Master
My only major problem with smash 4 is that ****ing buffer. **** that thing, it messes me up ten times more than helping.

Maybe it wouldn't be an issue if I stopped trying to l cancel
Indeed, never found if it's Brawl's 10 frames (and haven't been able to play the Wii U version).
And just watching Smash 4 gets me a little sick, something about it I can't pinpoint
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpU6zwL3hu0

And talking about sick, I went back to the ENT and the infection is gone but there was so much mucus behind my ear drum that the thingy muscle couldn't drain it. Gotta use this nose spray for a month and hope it works or he mentioned surgery

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Indeed, never found if it's Brawl's 10 frames (and haven't been able to play the Wii U version).
I've read somewhere that it's still 10 frames, but you can't buffer multiple inputs anymore. I dunno how reliable it was though.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
The buffer system in Brawl was reliable for certain punishes like Falco with BDACUS for instance with alot of stuff. It's very iffy but once you understand it you can use it hella for punishment advantages. IDK much about smash 4 buffer but I hear ya'll on it.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Guys

Why the **** does wario's side b push you half way across the stage when you shield it

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Was playing Ganon when it happened, but yeah.

You are kinda stupid :colorful:
Its still very punishable. You can let it hit your shield, drop the shield and dash attack him. Stop being bad, being bad is a choice.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
^^^^^

2014 was a crap year when it comes to games BTW, especially for those that didn't have a Wii U.

This was a good year to catch up on backlogs though...

Last edited:

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
So I was lurking in the smash 4 social and realise that they got us beat in almost every way.
They got two grill, two banned users, they're almost at two thousand pages.... they have a dude named Knuckles and Knuckles...
Guy's were getting rekd we need to step our game up

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Plate try wavedashing OoS then grabbing him, or wd oos to anything else
I'm pretty sure it was a freak Netplay thing. There's some stuff in it that's broken (Like Olimar still having 6 Pikmin) and I think thats what it was

So I was lurking in the smash 4 social and realise that they got us beat in almost every way.
They got two grill, two banned users, they're almost at two thousand pages.... they have a dude named Knuckles and Knuckles...
those are smash 4 grills

Not worf, would not tower dive

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
So this is a thirty second video I made that is intended to discourage drinking. My original plan for filming fell through last minute and I had only about 20 minutes to film my entire video; the talents, props, and settings that I originally intended to have weren't there (I didn't even have a tripod). This is the result of that; this is going to be shown to middle schoolers across the state.

TreK

Is "that guy"
finals week is over *_*

I just have to write a 20 pages writeup on the Tobin tax by monday and code an RPG engine by Jan 1st. No big deal

omfg when am I going to get back to social life ._.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
So this is a thirty second video I made that is intended to discourage drinking. My original plan for filming fell through last minute and I had only about 20 minutes to film my entire video; the talents, props, and settings that I originally intended to have weren't there (I didn't even have a tripod). This is the result of that; this is going to be shown to middle schoolers across the state.

not sure if i should drink now

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
They also got 45 moderators to boot. That may or may not be a good thing

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

And now we wait for the day Sax discovers alcohol.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
In case you missed Strong_Bad's stream:

The above is why G&W doesn't get new animations. Note that these 3 animations shown are not modified in any way.
Can you guess which 3 attacks these are?

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
But they don't have a million Santa hats and a Jewish Ganonkip

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
In case you missed Strong_Bad's stream:

The above is why G&W doesn't get new animations. Note that these 3 animations shown are not modified in any way.
Can you guess which 3 attacks these are?
Up air, final smash, up b?

Is there really no way to animate G&W?

Top Bottom