• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
There is no evidence at this point in time that says organic food is in any way healthier or tastes better than food with "chemicals." Note I put chemicals in quotes because all food is made of chemicals.
:p

No evidence that any agribusiness company in it for the money will be willing to admit.

There is unquestionable evidence, however, that organic tastes better assuming it's an organic food that has a noticeably better taste and assuming you've tried conventional and organic yourself. This is most easily seen with fruits imo.

I could go into non-organic vs. organic but I'd rather let PM hype be super hype. If you want we can take it to DMs and I'd be glad to essay your ear off. :3

Last edited:

Shadow Light Master

Smash Journeyman
:p

No evidence that any agribusiness company in it for the money will be willing to admit.

There is unquestionable evidence, however, that organic tastes better assuming it's an organic food that has a noticeably better taste and assuming you've tried conventional and organic yourself. This is most easily seen with fruits imo.

I could go into non-organic vs. organic but I'd rather let PM hype be super hype. If you want we can take it to DMs and I'd be glad to essay your ear off. :3
No, I'm sorry, but there is no evidence that it tastes better. This is because the term "organic" is vague and broad almost to the point of meaninglessness, making any actual studies to compare organic to non-organic foods almost impossible.

Claims that organic food tastes better are generally not supported by evidence.[3][7]

1. Blair, Robert. (2012). Organic Production and Food Quality: A Down to Earth Analysis. Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford, UK. ISBN 978-0-8138-1217-5
  1. Bourn D, Prescott J (January 2002). "A comparison of the nutritional value, sensory qualities, and food safety of organically and conventionally produced foods". Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 42 (1): 1–34. doi:10.1080/10408690290825439. PMID 11833635.

HalfBakedHarry

Smash Rookie
I love how ganon was, he was perfect for me, so much changed that I dont recognize him anymore
A few animation changes and an alternate B move? That's what is making you uncomfortable? I'm sure you landed Warlock Punches all the time. Mobile Ganondorf will be a God.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
I thought someone in the PMDT said that we would know the meaning behind #47 before the end of next year. Am I remembering this wrong?

Also, there's no way that they planned out the release date of 3.5 that far in advance, since they never reveal PM release dates until they're 100% sure they can do it.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
A few animation changes and an alternate B move? That's what is making you uncomfortable? I'm sure you landed Warlock Punches all the time. Mobile Ganondorf will be a God.
Overall, not a fan of the moveset changes at all, couldnt care less about the animations

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Just because a chemical is synthetic, does not make it unhealthy or bad.
I don't believe this is true, on a personal level. Science and studies take a while, along with funding, to end up finding out the hard way.

I agree not -all- man made chemicals are bad. Some are necessary for extreme conditions. But the amount we use them in everyday society, along with our bodies not processing them the same way as natural things (this has been studied with vitamins), is very detrimental imo. I've seen countless stories of people with chronic conditions experiencing relief when switching to a healthier diet.

No, I'm sorry, but there is no evidence that it tastes better. This is because the term "organic" is vague and broad almost to the point of meaninglessness, making any actual studies to compare organic to non-organic foods almost impossible.

Claims that organic food tastes better are generally not supported by evidence.[3][7]

1. Blair, Robert. (2012). Organic Production and Food Quality: A Down to Earth Analysis. Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford, UK. ISBN 978-0-8138-1217-5
  1. Bourn D, Prescott J (January 2002). "A comparison of the nutritional value, sensory qualities, and food safety of organically and conventionally produced foods". Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 42 (1): 1–34. doi:10.1080/10408690290825439. PMID 11833635.
Organic has certain requirements to be officially labeled as organic, you can find those on the USDA organic guidelines page.

As for the studies, they really aren't necessary. This is something you can taste yourself. Buy a conventional and an organic fruit, apples or strawberries are probably the best bet, and taste both. I can and have noticed it's better. For a more extreme example buy conventional and organic GoGoSqueez where the flavor is more pronounced.

If you want to discuss it more I'll be happy to DM you.

Shadow Light Master

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe this is true, on a personal level. Science and studies take a while, along with funding, to end up finding out the hard way.

I agree not -all- man made chemicals are bad. Some are necessary for extreme conditions. But the amount we use them in everyday society, along with our bodies not processing them the same way as natural things (this has been studied with vitamins), is very detrimental imo. I've seen countless stories of people with chronic conditions experiencing relief when switching to a healthier diet.

Organic has certain requirements to be officially labeled as organic, you can find those on the USDA organic guidelines page.

As for the studies, they really aren't necessary. This is something you can taste yourself. Buy a conventional and an organic fruit, apples or strawberries are probably the best bet, and taste both. I can and have noticed it's better. For a more extreme example buy conventional and organic GoGoSqueez where the flavor is more pronounced.

If you want to discuss it more I'll be happy to DM you.
If you don't believe it on a personal level, that's a personal problem. You're telling me these random anecdotes from people you know trump studies done by educated people? I'm sorry, but that's an incredibly ignorant and dangerous way to live.

You claim "the amount we use them in everyday society is... very detrimental." You need a big fat citation to back that claim up. Otherwise you're pulling it out of your ass.

Thirdly, just because something meets FDA requirements to be organic, does not mean it was made the same way as other organic foods. The only requirement in America for a food to be organic is "In order for a product to become USDA organic certified, the farmer cannot plant GMO seeds, livestock cannot eat plants that have GMO product in them."

In other words the means of production and chemicals used are still wide a varied. Which is exactly why studying them is a pain in the ass.

Lastly, studies ARE necessary when it comes to determining if organic food tastes better or not. Otherwise, you're just falling victim to a placebo effect. It's fully possible you ate something organic that was better than its non-organic counterpart, but you have no proof it's BECAUSE it's organic. It might just be that particular thing you ate was better tasting.

There is no need to debate this because you've provided no evidence to back up your claim. Organic food marketing is just a scam to prey on people who don't know the facts.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
To waste the time away I'm making a brand new troubleshooter image for PM 3.5

It is going to (hopefully) replace the current one:

And here's what I have so far:

I still have some spaces to fill. Any suggestions or comments are totally welcome.

Updated mine.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
So I found ICG on facebook, god bless his unstable soul. I miss his rants and his insight on pichu and Gnw, I was relieved to hear from him he was doing all right

Like no one here will even remember who insane carzy guy was. I'm still half convinced he and 1FD are related

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
studies done by educated bribed people?
There's way too much money in conventional production, and it's my opinion that they use it, honestly.

Organic food marketing is just a scam to prey on people who don't know the facts.
And don't let this fool anyone. Do your own research, experience things that you can for yourself. In the case of organics, don't let funded studies tell you what is or isn't better. Try both, eat organic only for a while, and see how you feel. If you don't feel different, then feel free to eat how you want. Just know that, if you have a condition, try eating organic only for longer. It may help you more than you know.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
What even is the URL for the web-based IRC chat? I can never find it when I'm looking around this place...

I just use an IRC client but I want to link to that page in the troubleshooter.

nvm found it

so uh how about that 3.5 huh? crazy.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
There is definitely a noticeable difference in taste with things like fresh tomatoes you pick yourself or come local compared to the usual store bought crap.

Same with some brands of berries having a funky taste I can only assume is pesticides.

I don't know **** about organic versus nonorganic but I would recommend buying fresher, locally made produce as the taste really is better.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
So I found ICG on facebook, god bless his unstable soul. I miss his rants and his insight on pichu and Gnw, I was relieved to hear from him he was doing all right

Like no one here will even remember who insane carzy guy was. I'm still half convinced he and 1FD are related
Oh god I miss icg, he said on aib I could take on his name as the new icg LMAO

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I passed out asleep after 2AM last night. Is the game out yet? ¦D

To waste the time away I'm making a brand new troubleshooter image for PM 3.5

It is going to (hopefully) replace the current one:

And here's what I have so far:

I still have some spaces to fill. Any suggestions or comments are totally welcome.
Uh, I was able to play 3.02 using an SDHC card with no problem. Are you saying we can't for 3.5?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
My current inner clock thinks that sleeping from 8 am to 1 pm is the normal hours to sleep, so staying up all night is easy
the day after not so much though.

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Uh, I was able to play 3.02 using an SDHC card with no problem. Are you saying we can't for 3.5?
I was under the impression that SDHC didn't work for hackless (which this guide is aimed at). If it does work then I can take that part out.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I was under the impression that SDHC didn't work for hackless (which this guide is aimed at). If it does work then I can take that part out.
Whoops, I dun derped. Didn't see where you said it was for hackless. D:

Still waking up. Sorry, bud. Or "bit" if that's what you prefer. ¦D

Vashimus

Smash Master
Recoveries across the board getting nerfed, so that characters like Samus aren't godlike impossible to kill? Sign me up.
The hate on Samus is a bit misplaced since her great recovery is mostly thanks to her physics rather than her actual recovery being good itself. Not many people have issue with it aside from the tether, which has surely been looked into. It's good, but not Diddy rise-from-the-depths-of-hell good.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Yeah I play against a melee samus all the time, it's not floatyness/weight/bomb jumps that get me, it's just the tether length that drives me crazy. It's still punishable(shine spikes are even easier than catching tethers in melee imo) but it's obscene.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I'm actually kind of sad for diddy that bananas still trip on hit.
1) it means he got nerfed hard in other areas
2) people will still complain about bananas
3)now people will never realize just how toxic 2.5/2.6 bananas were for a keep away game, and when they asked for it they had no idea what they wanted.

On the bright side MD/VA will have to find a new character to play, and people wont complain for a while until everyone realizes that having bananas trip on hit will always make diddy ******** strong in neutral (It has counter-play that we've all droned on about forever, but its still undeniably stupid strong).

Conceptual-wise, Diddy isn't getting anything changes other than maybe (?) no popgun wavelands, which is fine, it just means he can't retrieve bananas while puting out a threatening hitbox/projectile, and cant layer projectiles with AGT which is totally fine.
PMBR thinks keeping bananas as they are is a good idea. I personally have always said if bananas aren't nerfed then they're doing it wrong, but I trust them to make sensible changes, seeing as apparently I'm wrong a lot of the time.

Remember Diddy's bananas that basically hit you like mini shines? Those were 2x better than current bananas, and yet were still techable. I excused all that because it was a nice experiment.

Smash 4 Diddy has 1 banana AND it goes away on hit/clash AND is only throwable once without hitting.

I also heard they were keeping the barrel misfire. Now I know this CANNOT be true.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Whoops, I dun derped. Didn't see where you said it was for hackless. D:

Still waking up. Sorry, bud. Or "bit" if that's what you prefer. ¦D
It's alllll good. I actually just updated the image to stress which parts are hackless only

This is basically just a 3.02 troubleshooter. I'll add 3.5 specific stuff as it comes up (if it comes up).

Removed edo SZ font by request

Last edited:

RKM

Smash Cadet
Wait a second, a new update is about to be released,
where's Hamyojo with sick rhymes?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I hope it comes out before my interview today at 12 PM CST. I wonder whose gonna be the most dirtiest character in this version on paper?

GMaster171

Smash Ace
Missed the theme discussion, but Sugilite is clearly the best. Sorry but PM theme just isnt purple enough.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
PMBR thinks keeping bananas as they are is a good idea. I personally have always said if bananas aren't nerfed then they're doing it wrong, but I trust them to make sensible changes, seeing as apparently I'm wrong a lot of the time.

Remember Diddy's bananas that basically hit you like mini shines? Those were 2x better than current bananas, and yet were still techable. I excused all that because it was a nice experiment.

Smash 4 Diddy has 1 banana AND it goes away on hit/clash AND is only throwable once without hitting.

I also heard they were keeping the barrel misfire. Now I know this CANNOT be true.
Yeah, I remember back when diddy could kill falco at 0 with one hit of a banana if he was near the ledge, and when up b didn't have landing lag, went further without charging as much, and upb Oos was silly broken. And on top of that, a side b where he could choose to throw out the kick well after the grab frames were over.

Looking back at old diddy and what he lost, it's hard to think that he ever really got buffed (DA, fair, fsmash, throw trajectories, upsmash reliability were the main changes iirx)

Top Bottom