• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
AND WHO THOUGHT A LIKE FEATURE WAS A GOOD IDEA, HUH?
NOT THIS GUY

this isn't even a social anymore, this is a meta-social
feel free to discuss why you are discussing and like posts about liking posts

no, STOP, don't like THIS, you're just feeding the meta-beast
Hmm... *rubs chin*

*becomes Meta-Wave*

Fortress

Smash Master
This thread has derailed many times in the past, but I think it is now officially "weird".
I was asleep, so it wasn't my fault this time. Plus, all of these likes? I seem so much more popular than I probably am. I'm all big-headed about it now.

EDIT: I just scrolled up through the page I missed. What the ****ing **** did I miss. I was gone for, like, eight hours.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I literally came back to 13 alerts in less than half an hour

THANKS WAVE KU-POO-POO

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I stopped going to restaurants ages ago, none of that stuff is even close to healthy. Organic restaurants, Panera bread, and Subway get honorable mentions but organic restaurants are too expensive and the other two still use some highly processed stuff.

I'm a picky eater.
Organic food is in weird place in America.

The people who produce "organic" food have to pay for the label of organic, raising the price of their dish items, and as a result have to charge farmers more, lowering their profit margins meaning they earn less and takes them longer to expand if they can even expand at all.

That being said, proccessed food isnt really that bad at all.

This is coming from a guy who eats nothing foods that are extremely high in fat and protein, and extremely low in carbs and managed to lose like what, 50 lbs in the course of a few months.

Personally, I think the biggest problem is big business lobbying to keep this this way. Right now they're fighting a bill that would force them to label genetically modified **** on their product because they know that if people see that they're using **** like that in their food, the more health conscious people would drop it like its hot.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I literally came back to 13 alerts in less than half an hour

THANKS WAVE KU-POO-POO

Kupo, indeed. ¦D

And a "Waa waa" to you too, my friend. ¦3

The people who produce "organic" food have to pay for the label of organic, raising the price of their dish items, and as a result have to charge farmers more, lowering their profit margins meaning they earn less and takes them longer to expand if they can even expand at all.

This is coming from a guy who eats nothing but foods that are extremely high in fat and protein, and extremely low in carbs and managed to lose like what, 50 lbs in the course of a few months.

Personally, I think the biggest problem is big business lobbying to keep this this way. Right now they're fighting a bill that would force them to label genetically modified **** on their product because they know that if people see that they're using **** like that in their food, the more health conscious people would drop it like its hot.
...Well I just unexpectedly learned a lot.

But even if people see that stuff on there, would they actually be appalled enough to avoid it like the black plague? That organic stuff isn't gonna go down in price just because the truth is out about the average processed stuff.

In the end, they'll still have to choose between unhealthy, but affordable; and healthy, but impractical.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
goddammit you assholes, i uploaded a bunch of PM tourney vids and you keep talkin about ****ing health food i h8 u all

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Vidjo ate SW up like Organic Green Beans, but then was defeated in glorious combat.

There, happy?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
K

I didn't want to have to resort to this, but you forced my hand...

Enjoy Doom

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
To be fair, I was watching the playlist and I wasnt going to comment on it until I was done lol.

And Wave, what they need to do is not charge for the organic label lol.

So prices can be kept competitive.

Also yes. People will be more likely to stop eating foods that have genetically modified **** stuck on the label, especially those who are on the fence already and those who are looking for an excuse to stop.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896

This is coming from a guy who eats nothing foods that are extremely high in fat and protein, and extremely low in carbs and managed to lose like what, 50 lbs in the course of a few months.

The issue here is the mindset more than the method or product, imo. I'll explain.

Processed food relies heavily on chemicals and/or heavy machinery, which both require more fossil fuels to run and produce more pollution that ends up spreading through the air/land/sea (wherever they dump it) to other people, who often develop ailments or allergies over time. Genetically modified foods have barely even been tested and are being mass produced to increase crop yields without virtually any precautions as to what we could be screwing up genetically, as all genes evolved into their patterns for a reason. Really, really bad idea. Last time I checked the few studies that have been done on gmos did not yield any promisingly "safe" results.

Organic on the other hand practices methods much less harmful to the environment, opting for conservation and product quality and a reduced environmental impact over fast, cheap, and tasty. Now, this isn't to say that all organic companies are innocent; some do the business only for the hype train or the money flow. But the idea remains the same.

I see my money as my voting tool. What am I voting for? A destroyed planet that our kids will have to somehow clean up, if even possible by then? Or a conserved earth where there aren't worries about the amount of unpolluted farm grounds still left? The cost sucks but the cost of not changing sucks even more.

Enviro rant done.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
This thread is like 2 days away from getting locked. When we get so degenerate and off topic, that we start talking about Brawl and Christmas Sweaters that your Aunt Magatha made for you, that is very ugly... and itchy... and why is there a cat on it?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
What am I voting for?

And Wave, what they need to do is not charge for the organic label lol.

So prices can be kept competitive.

Also yes. People will be more likely to stop eating foods that have genetically modified **** stuck on the label, especially those who are on the fence already and those who are looking for an excuse to stop.
In this recession? And with the current "height" of common sense and intelligence or lack of thereof? I kind of question if most would actually do that.

That's all I meant. Kinda have zero faith in what people would choose to do.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ill bet releasing 3.0 would get this place back on topic... Wink, wink, nudge nudge :awesome:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Ill bet releasing 3.0 would get this place back on topic... Wink, wink, nudge nudge :awesome:
This is important. P:M 3.0 being released isn't going to keep your body healthy and living longer.

That'll probably be a feature in the final version, though. ¦D

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
The issue here is the mindset more than the method or product, imo. I'll explain.

Processed food relies heavily on chemicals and/or heavy machinery, which both require more fossil fuels to run and produce more pollution that ends up spreading through the air/land/sea (wherever they dump it) to other people, who often develop ailments or allergies over time. Genetically modified foods have barely even been tested and are being mass produced to increase crop yields without virtually any precautions as to what we could be screwing up genetically, as all genes evolved into their patterns for a reason. Really, really bad idea. Last time I checked the few studies that have been done on gmos did not yield any promisingly "safe" results.

Organic on the other hand practices methods much less harmful to the environment, opting for conservation and product quality and a reduced environmental impact over fast, cheap, and tasty. Now, this isn't to say that all organic companies are innocent; some do the business only for the hype train or the money flow. But the idea remains the same.

I see my money as my voting tool. What am I voting for? A destroyed planet that our kids will have to somehow clean up, if even possible by then? Or a conserved earth where there aren't worries about the amount of unpolluted farm grounds still left? The cost sucks but the cost of not changing sucks even more.

Enviro rant done.
Fair enough. I honestly did forget about that side of things when it comes to foods lol.

Unfortunately, as I've said though, until the prices on both sides even out, we're going to be kept in this situation because the middle class and below have the same buying power as people did in the 1950s, so we've essentally gone back in time lol.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
They said this winter, right? That's like almost 2 months away...

...unless they pull an awesome and release it early, in which case I am now listening.

Fair enough. I honestly did forget about that side of things when it comes to foods lol.

Unfortunately, as I've said though, until the prices on both sides even out, we're going to be kept in this situation because the middle class and below have the same buying power as people did in the 1950s, so we've essentally gone back in time lol.
Yeah, the middle/lower class has a much harder time getting anything organic. If the mindset could be changed and organic food got subsidies instead of stuff like corn (most of which is gmo) then the purchasing change would be a whole lot easier.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
the one thing I'll say on healthiness is the following:

every time I see some smug bourgeois prick tell me that "being vegan is cheap", I end up looking at their price comparisons and I laugh

apples that are like 1/4 the price of any fruit I see here, nuts that don't cost four bucks for like 200mg
and who the hell sells a gallon of milk for a buck. you're barely getting that much for a fiver around here what in the balls

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
the one thing I'll say on healthiness is the following:

every time I see some smug bourgeois prick tell me that "being vegan is cheap", I end up looking at their price comparisons and I laugh

apples that are like 1/4 the price of any fruit I see here, nuts that don't cost four bucks for like 200mg
and who the hell sells a gallon of milk for a buck. you're barely getting that much for a fiver around here what in the balls
A gallon of milk for a buck? O_o

Jesus, that store would turn into straight up Ben-To! XD

A series about a bunch of people gathering around in the back of a supermarket to beat the **** out of each other to get the back half-priced meals.

What I wouldn't give to legally beat the **** out of people for some half-priced food. <3

Right. It's the beginning of November, so December 31st is two months away.

Kappa

...Winter starts on the 21st.

Where did you people learn to read calendars? XD

Even with that, it's a month and a couple weeks. Still not a full 2 months. Besides, if something is happening "next month", then regardless of how many days or weeks it is, it's still next month.

Screw semantics.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
OFFICIAL GUIDE TO HEALTHINESS BY CANON BOURGEOIS RODRIGUEZ DONGLORDS

-STEP ONE: get vitamins
"which ones???" the one with the longest list of **** inside them I don't care

-STEP TWO: get the cheapest food imaginable
ramen is always on sale. ramen for dinner for the next ten years

-STEP THREE: sit alone in room, keep trying to learn how to techskill
I S2G I'M GETTING THE HANG OF THIS EVENTUALLY

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Yeah, the middle/lower class has a much harder time getting anything organic. If the mindset could be changed and organic food got subsidies instead of stuff like corn (most of which is gmo) then the purchasing change would be a whole lot easier.
But if organic food got gov't money then that would interfere with the whole "MUH FREE MARKET" spiel the Right has been going on and on and on about lol.

It'd also piss off the lobbyists that think **** like pink slime is amazing.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Even with that, it's a month and a couple weeks. Still not a full 2 months.
That's like almost 2 months away...
Kind of why I said almost two months. XD It is technically next month but it's so far into next month that getting hype for it early wouldn't really make it come any faster.

Unless the PMBR says that hype may influence the release date...

But if organic food got gov't money then that would interfere with the whole "MUH FREE MARKET" spiel the Right has been going on and on and on about lol.

It'd also piss off the lobbyists that think **** like pink slime is amazing.
XD I mean, yeah, I don't really get into politics much, they're a bit of a challenged bunch. I see little hope for today's politics. At this point if people want something they need to do it themselves (hasn't it been this way almost always, anyway?)

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
both, really. I've seen a million of those infographics that say "you can get a WEEK'S WORTH OF CRUELTY FREE MEALS for twenty dollars!!!!!", I was being a bit general

if the latter, then hell soy milk's even more expensive here, a litre's an arm and a leg

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Kind of why I said almost two months. XD It is technically next month but it's so far into next month that getting hype for it early wouldn't really make it come any faster.

Unless the PMBR says that hype may influence the release date...
Eh, point taken. ¦D

Though I highly doubt hype alone is going to make the PMBR release sooner or work harder and faster than they already are.

We'll get it when we get it and it'll be all kinds of glorious when we do get it.

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
It's funny how this thread turn from Sonic/MJ into nutrition.

Organic foods are a waste of money, unless there organic apples. Especially the cameo apples, there really delicious.
Apples have the most pesticide residue than any other fruit or vege, so switching to organic apples is worth it

Unless your :kirby:, then you would just swallow the entire tree...

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
We'll release when we're ready. 3.0 is not done yet.

It's as simple as that.
I understand, I was mostly just playing, I don't want it to seem like I'm impatient for it or anything. I just like teasing, that's all. There really aren't words for the amount of dedication you all have put into this (for free!) and honestly as long as it takes the PMBR to perfect this game, it's all good for me. Imo it is already perfect, as the dev team cares about the players and the players support and encourage the dev team.

CORY

wut
BRoomer

Organic foods are a waste of money, unless there organic apples. Especially the cameo apples, there really delicious.
Apples have the most pesticide residue than any other fruit or vege, so switching to organic apples is worth it

Unless your :kirby:, then you would just swallow the entire tree...
technically, yes and no. organic food is no a waste of money, in general, but certain ones are. the rule of thumb is (with produce) if you eat the skin/outside of it, you want organic. so, on that note, organic bananas and oranges and **** like that is just worthless.

organic greens, however, are probably the best thing to get organic, since they have such a high surface area to volume ratio.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
From P:M to Sonic/MJ to a hilarious Melee Grand Finals set to toothbrushes to ****storms to nutrition and organic foods and now back to P:M with organic foods going on alongside it peacefully.

Aren't you glad I decided to get us somewhat back on topic just by talking about it a little? ¦D

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
technically, yes and no. organic food is no a waste of money, in general, but certain ones are. the rule of thumb is (with produce) if you eat the skin/outside of it, you want organic. so, on that note, organic bananas and oranges and **** like that is just worthless.
I don't really notice organic bananas and oranges in the market.

Top Bottom