• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I totally want to $100 MM someone but that'd be irresponsible because I'm moving in January lmao.

a classic is me vs Sethlon. We're 2-2 in tournament sets, but I've lost two $5 MMs since the last time we met in tournament.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I get that they wanted to go in another direction, but it doesn't even feel like a Sonic game.
Of course it doesn't, that's because it isn't one. They've been saying this from the very beginning of Boom. "This is not the mainline Sonic franchise you know from before". There's a difference between a Sonic the Hedgehog series game and a Sonic Boom series game like there's a different between Super Mario and Paper Mario or Mega Man and Mega Man.EXE (Or NT Warrior if some people still try to stick to that name.)

This isn't like Hyrule Warriors where it's doing something different from the main series but is still paying huge homage to it and trying to stay recognizable. This is a whole different line-up with a whole new universe made to attract a whole new crowd. If you want old Sonic, play old Sonic. He hasn't gone anywhere yet.

tl;dr: A Sonic game and a Sonic Boom game are two entirely different things whether people choose to accept it or not.

...Now with all of that said, **** run buttons in any game with Sonic in it. Regular or Boom. I didn't like that **** in Lost Cause World and I sure as hell don't like it now. I haven't tried the demo yet, but I'm really only interested in Rise of Lyric, so I'm not expecting much of Shattered Crystal. I'm fine with a fun game that has Sonic in it versus your typical "Sonic formula" (Or one of 3, anyway) but it needs to be done well enough to actually be entertaining. ¬^¬

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
If I did a huge road trip this summer just to go around and play smash with people, would any of you potentially house me?
Just random spur of the moment impulses to go driving cross country
I would, if you happened to come by a fairly rural Louisiana town that's about an hour off the interstate

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If I did a huge road trip this summer just to go around and play smash with people, would any of you potentially house me?
No promises on my part, but if you come by Orlando you could easily find housing somewhere.

1FD

Smash Ace
I saw it on the Ndirect just before seeing these
MM is easily my favorite. There's such a unique feel to it that no other Zelda game has.
I was gonna come in and say this after that one
It is the best Zelda game for sure, and one of the best games ever made period. You should play it. Now.
You all know what's up.
majora's mask is not only the best zelda game but probably actually the best game period

and I only say probably because dark souls
Seen a lot of dark souls too, but if MM is on a level (like the highest probs), I'd put DS like just barely on that level (highest probs, but not highest of the highest).

2 things
1 is how it's so unique on basically every level. The best use of time as a game mechanic, changes physics and things with masks, gameplay and gameflow, story with content, quirks, steadiness, spooky and joyful in such a deep way rather than surface suspense or gimmick/novelty stuff.
So good....

2 I read the book called How mario took over america and it's more like how nintendo took over the world, but apparently most of the stuff that built OoT and MM came from the development of Mario 64, but myamoto and co. couldn't get everything in the game by the deadline so switched over to put it in another game and made Link the star of it to get the same 2d > 3d transition in the new engines.
So we got 3 legendary games instead of 1 big one
dope

Mechwarror, that thing about stories was confusing, but I think I know what you're were talking about.
There's a lot of spam, and addict-encouraging crap everywhere (insert self-insertion recap here for example)
There's some really awesome stuff though.
Avatar the last airbender has a protagonist (and collection of main characters) that follow inline with what you described a few times about yourself.
For example, the LAST 4 WHOLE EPISODES are straight up about the main character trying to figure out how to end a long war and stop an incoming massive end-battle without being violent, when he's expected by the whole world to fight it out. Totally not like most stories where it's all about the heroes 'beating the enemies' or whatever
nausicaa of the valley of the wind is similar too. Follows a character who basically shows the world that there's another way to live.
There's a scene in the 6th (of 7) volume where a plane makes an emergency landing and the people in the city find out, but it's one of the few peaceful refuges in that area. So they debate going to help because it could bring the war to their valley if they find out. They ask a girl Tepa what the princess (nausicaa) would do when they're debating, and she simply says "She would be on her way to help them already" and that basically sums up a good chunk of the point the story portrays
Beautiful experiences because they're different (like majoras mask) in not only the message they present but in how the way the message is presented. A story.
Highly recommend if you want things that can't even really qualify as harmful unless you approach them without giving any attention to basically anything in the story.
This is awesome too.
http://www.jkrishnamurti.org/krishn... 1974 Conversation with Dr. Allan W. Anderson
That's the way bamesy talks (his name is nausicaa on here) but like younger and more spry
The unconditional freedom of human beings.
Good ****

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
my sleeves are rolled up and my fists are ready for business
Into casual fisting, are we?

Sure bro.

1FD

Smash Ace
I could house you but I'm a billion miles away
If you come to wc canada contact naus and he'll lemme know when you going to his place
Him and his bro are planning something like that for 2016 i heard, but for like 3 things and smash is one of them

tl;dr
Majora's Mask the best

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Of course it doesn't, that's because it isn't one. They've been saying this from the very beginning of Boom. "This is not the mainline Sonic franchise you know from before". There's a difference between a Sonic the Hedgehog series game and a Sonic Boom series game like there's a different between Super Mario and Paper Mario or Mega Man and Mega Man.EXE (Or NT Warrior if some people still try to stick to that name.)

This isn't like Hyrule Warriors where it's doing something different from the main series but is still paying huge homage to it and trying to stay recognizable. This is a whole different line-up with a whole new universe made to attract a whole new crowd. If you want old Sonic, play old Sonic. He hasn't gone anywhere yet.

tl;dr: A Sonic game and a Sonic Boom game are two entirely different things whether people choose to accept it or not.

...Now with all of that said, **** run buttons in any game with Sonic in it. Regular or Boom. I didn't like that **** in Lost Cause World and I sure as hell don't like it now. I haven't tried the demo yet, but I'm really only interested in Rise of Lyric, so I'm not expecting much of Shattered Crystal. I'm fine with a fun game that has Sonic in it versus your typical "Sonic formula" (Or one of 3, anyway) but it needs to be done well enough to actually be entertaining. ¬^¬
I know it's not the mainline Sonic games, but even alternate universe games bare some connection to the original. Paper Mario still feels very much like Mario, despite being made of paper. The various versions of Mega Man play in a way that feels connected to the original version of the character, even if the gameplay overall is much different. Sonic Boom doesn't have to be identical to the past games in order for it to still feel like this Sonic is Sonic.

My biggest problem with Sonic Boom overall is this though. The characters in Sonic Boom feel like they're basically all the same character, except for what their X button does. (And Tails' Hover) They all run at essentially the same speed, they all use the beam grapple, they all use the same homing attack to deal regular damage. With four unique characters (ideally anyways), they could have allowed them all to play very differently from eachother and brought more to the adventure than the press/hold X to pass this part of the stage that we're getting. (I'm not sure if there are going to be any character changes as the game goes on, so they could remedy that by giving everyone unique abilities as you play, from a first impression though, they all feel basically the same.)

Not a fan of the run button either. It's almost like because they're making this primarily for Nintendo, they wanted to make it more like Mario and less like the franchise the game is named for. I'd forgotten that they'd done it in Lost World. I hope it's not going to be a new staple for Sonic, as it feels wrong.

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
MM is my favorite game ever probably

this 3ds thing coincides randomly with the fact that i'm actually on MM right now in my zelda thing i'm doing on my blog that nobody reads

like whoa

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Sonic Boom is airing at 7am on Saturdays and 6am Sundays on Cartoon Network USA with basically no advertising. In Canada and Europe (except France) it's not airing at all until the fall of next year where it can't help game sales. And the games look mediocre as hell and have been so panned by both critics and fans that Sega actually projected their sales expectations by half of what it was originally.

This whole project is looking to be a huge failure for Sega with the millions they sunk into it.

Last edited:

1FD

Smash Ace
MM is my favorite game ever probably

this 3ds thing coincides randomly with the fact that i'm actually on MM right now in my zelda thing i'm doing on my blog that nobody reads

like whoa

It's also odd that like the day before direct I randomly was thinking about it and posted it here even though I've never played it, and then bam it's all over the place and MM talk for days.
Smash bros are always 1 day early or something

Except for 3.5

oh but that's totally ok if skullkid is in 3.5
I can forgive REALLY REALLY EASY for not being early when that kind of thing happens

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i might, depending how long you wanna stay

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Warning Received
meiling will **** you though, so its your choice

Last edited by a moderator:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Soooooooo, how many years before Mario Kart turns into Super Kart Brothers ?
Yes haha, if you ever come that far I'd be glad to house you.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I know it's not the mainline Sonic games, but even alternate universe games bare some connection to the original. Paper Mario still feels very much like Mario, despite being made of paper. The various versions of Mega Man play in a way that feels connected to the original version of the character, even if the gameplay overall is much different. Sonic Boom doesn't have to be identical to the past games in order for it to still feel like this Sonic is Sonic.

My biggest problem with Sonic Boom overall is this though. The characters in Sonic Boom feel like they're basically all the same character, except for what their X button does. (And Tails' Hover) They all run at essentially the same speed, they all use the beam grapple, they all use the same homing attack to deal regular damage. With four unique characters (ideally anyways), they could have allowed them all to play very differently from eachother and brought more to the adventure than the press/hold X to pass this part of the stage that we're getting. (I'm not sure if there are going to be any character changes as the game goes on, so they could remedy that by giving everyone unique abilities as you play, from a first impression though, they all feel basically the same.)

Not a fan of the run button either. It's almost like because they're making this primarily for Nintendo, they wanted to make it more like Mario and less like the franchise the game is named for. I'd forgotten that they'd done it in Lost World. I hope it's not going to be a new staple for Sonic, as it feels wrong.
Sorry, but I can't agree with that. Paper Mario and Mega Man.EXE feel absolutely nothing like their usual series to me and I don't connect them together even in the slightest. I just consider them their own separate things since that's exactly what they are. Face value and all that.

And that's honestly what I like about Boom. All of the characters don't need to be extremely different. I'll take a character that's basically Sonic with a slight twist over a character that's a complete genre shift or different gameplay style overall since it'll just make the fanbase whine and moan and say it's the second coming of 06. This is exactly why Sonic Heroes is my favorite 3D Sonic game since the teams are pretty much the same at their core with just enough differences to tell the clear differences between them. It's also why I like the character mods for Generations since people tend to give the other characters slightly different attributes for Sonic. Plus, the majority of the fanbase will agree that the times they enjoyed playing as other characters is when they all played pretty much like Sonic, only a little different. Tails and Knux in the Classic and Advance games, Amy in the Advance games and Heroes, Shadow in SA2 and Heroes, Cream in Advance 2 and 3, Blaze in the Rush games..All of the characters are at their best when they play like Sonic. It works and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (A policy Sega and Sonic Team almost never follow)

There's a reason why people hated Silver so much in 06...Well, there's actually a lot of good reasons why, but gameplay is one of the big reasons. Then again, the current Silver is from the Rivals games and he's fast because of it, but nobody played those so most don't know that. lol

In full agreement about the whole run button thing, though. I'm honestly not even a fan of it in Mario games, but it's been there since the retro days, so I put up with it. In any Sonic related game though? Different franchise or not, I agree, it just feels wrong.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
This would be an actually feasible trip, I've always wanted to go to Texas for a tournament, I know florida is full of homies because Hbox told me so when he was in az. Plus I have relatives in wisconsin I need to visit, and then I want to go to a wave-dash wednesday or some other chicago-land tourney.

Canada is so huge it scare me, I think canadians are so nice because they have to live so far apart, that if they weren't nice to people no one would bother to come visit them.

If I had a plane/unnecessary amounts of time/money I'd do something like AZ>socal>norcal>washington>Bamseys>Ontario>Quebec>Tri-state>MD/VA>Chicago>Florida>Texas>home. That would be an obscene amount of traveling though, don't know if I could handle it.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Canada is so huge it scare me, I think canadians are so nice because they have to live so far apart, that if they weren't nice to people no one would bother to come visit them.
Soft pls. We have big cities you know, not everyone lives in the middle of nowhere like canon

If you came by Montreal, I wouldn't be able to house you (full house lol, sorry :/) but knowing montrealers, it should be fairly easy to find someone, specially considering how deceptively huge the scene is.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
did I not just say that Majora's Mask is the best game ever and then they announce Majora's Mask 3D

I'm so ****in' excited aaaaaaaa
My junk is wet for excitement. I never played Majora's Mask when I was kid and I first played it at the end of 2012 and first I disliked it cause of the limited time mechanic at the beginning cause I love to explore but as soon I got the hang of the game and learn of the inverted song of time I became free as a bird and did the sidequest and loved it even more than Ocarina of Time.

I totally want to $100 MM someone but that'd be irresponsible because I'm moving in January lmao.

a classic is me vs Sethlon. We're 2-2 in tournament sets, but I've lost two $5 MMs since the last time we met in tournament.
I hope you still be able to hit up our Roll Tier tourneys when you move Strong Bad but it's understandable if you cannot.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
This would be an actually feasible trip, I've always wanted to go to Texas for a tournament, I know florida is full of homies because Hbox told me so when he was in az. Plus I have relatives in wisconsin I need to visit, and then I want to go to a wave-dash wednesday or some other chicago-land tourney.

If I had a plane/unnecessary amounts of time/money I'd do something like AZ>socal>norcal>washington>Bamseys>Ontario>Quebec>Tri-state>MD/VA>Chicago>Florida>Texas>home. That would be an obscene amount of traveling though, don't know if I could handle it.
Come to Nebraska during the summer you chump.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Went to a 2 man tourney yesterday

And I lost

You guys don't know the struggle

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Last edited:

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Just to give a heads up, I'm fronting $600 on my MM ($100 vs Slox and $500 in side bets)

Top Bottom