• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
There was a problem fetching the tweet

OH GOD THE FLAMES ARE GETTING HIGHER

Confirmed MMs and Exhibitions:
Gatzhu vs Darkrain $100 MM (this weekend)
Westballz vs Hax $100 MM (Apex 2015)
Chillindude vs Leffen $100 MM (Apex 2015)
Professor Pro vs Rolex $100 MM (Apex 2015)
Tafokints vs Slox Exhibition (Apex 2015)
Kage vs Bizzarro Flame Exhibition (Apex 2015)
[Melee Games Champions] New England vs Tristate Crew Battle (Apex 2015)
Silent Wolf vs Axe Exhibition (Apex 2015)

Last edited:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
btw, if anyone wants to donate money to me again via sidebets on Professor Pro vs Rolex, feel free to.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Fox did Dsmash instead of Usmash? Dat's what he gets

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hmm.... no wonder it looked like that, the moon's face is too big for it's size, especially the mouth and clown lips.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That page looks cancerous as ****.

And Facebook says it's my ex's birthday.

Close that **** right up.
Buy that grill a grill, so she can grill for her grills while her grills are seeing her grill

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I like the new moon personally, but it doesn't make that big of a difference.

Relevant avatar is relevant. Also I'm terrible and figuring out how to do transparency.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
No, this is hungrybox's Don't Take My Stock 3. Here's the event: http://smashboards.com/threads/nov-...s-dont-take-my-stock-3-gainesville-fl.376463/
phew

That page looks cancerous as ****.

And Facebook says it's my ex's birthday.

Close that **** right up.
Yeah, but isn't it cool how you can admire it exists when it wouldn't if Melee faded away into obscurity like Third Strike has; only for the remaining fans to talk about the game without ever playing it with you over supercade.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
phew

Yeah, but isn't it cool how you can admire it exists when it wouldn't if Melee faded away into obscurity like Third Strike has; only for the remaining fans to talk about the game without ever playing it with you over supercade.
How amish is your Squirtle SpiderMad?

Kati

Smash Lord
I have absolutely no nostalgic attachment to majora's mask and I also think the old proportions are better. I felt that the 3ds remake for oot also screwed around with proportions for the worse.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
**** it's like people save up a $100 just to find some rando to money match at apex.
Not enough thrash talk going around
Not necessarily dirty thrash talk but something like
Westballz said:
don't forget to shake my hand after you lose

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
^He better be ready to eat his words like he often does then.

So, my posts are to be spoiler'd from now on.
...Okay then.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
How amish is your Squirtle SpiderMad?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVeMluR8feQ#t=302
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShM11mV7wMI&list=UUYf-qQybWKZ36R3E07KuQFg#t=78
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA2qyu8xWP8&list=UUYf-qQybWKZ36R3E07KuQFg#t=138
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1J176yjTN8#t=142
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEkjOGcYEMs#t=584
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5A2ulVgLUU#t=870 @ DMG DMG

There's tons of footage I wish I had in tournament.
On Friday if they stream PM, you might be able to see me beat M2K with Side-b on PS2.. If I can get him to not go Fox. Otherwise my best bet is Diddy and this is what happens when you go Diddy vs M2K
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=758zG_1IhDM

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
did I not just say that Majora's Mask is the best game ever and then they announce Majora's Mask 3D

I'm so ****in' excited aaaaaaaa

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
did I not just say that Majora's Mask is the best game ever and then they announce Majora's Mask 3D

I'm so ****in' excited aaaaaaaa
..........I think Wind Waker is better than Majora's Mask. :yeahboi:

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, when I played MM as a kid after beating OoT for the first time, I wasn't a fan of it. Mainly because I absolutely hate being timed and various other things I cant quite remember because its been so long. Haven't touched it since. Thinking with this remake however I may just give it another chance and see if I can enjoy it more today now that I have much more experience with the series and gaming in general

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I've yet to meet a person who doesn't like Majora's Mask who wasn't a 'lil babby when it came out

that's not supposed to be an insult - it just really is a really layered experience that's not the easiest to enjoy when your primary interest is 'press button to kill guy'

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Feat your eyes on this.

This is possibly the best cover art I've seen for a game.

Edit: I kind of want to stream MM now...should I stream MM?

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Thought it could possibly be KotN in Milwaukee WI, but it turns out that tourney doesn't have much besides M2K (which he is also going to the Gamer's HQ near me I'm going to on Friday, so less of a reason to go) to make me regret not going. I thought since Darkrain sometimes visits the upper Midwest it was possible he was going but that was a dumb assumption.
I've yet to meet a person who doesn't like Majora's Mask who wasn't a 'lil babby when it came out

that's not supposed to be an insult - it just really is a really layered experience that's not the easiest to enjoy when your primary interest is 'press button to kill guy'
I need to create that game, and somehow layer it with tons of depth like Divekick

I was a kid who never owned Majora's Mask, instead I was bought a used copy of Ocarina of Time which had an already beaten save file; managed to **** around in that. Then play with my own save file, getting only say 1/6th of the game beaten before giving up as such with most other games. I somehow owned a majority of the Zelda games for each console and proceeded to be confused and quit each one lol. I'm 20 now so, do the calculations of how old I was with all those.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I was tiny babby when MM came out though, and it was great

speaking of, I like that, when making a trailer for MM3D, nintendo actually just rolled with the surrealness of it instead of trying to focus on a generic zelda trailer

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
That's a pretty bad angle.

Kinda makes me laugh now though. lol
New moon seems to take a lot of inspiration from Hyrule warrior's rendition.

Truly one of those times where the lesser graphics makes something look better.

The nose being properly shaped just looks wierd. The mouth looks better but because of it's extended size it manages to look less creepy, at least to me.

Either way still 1000/10 hyped.

Vashimus

Smash Master
I'm actually pretty okay with that (as much as I'd also like new content). Portability is the single reason OoT3D became one of the most heavily replayed games I own. MM is very difficult to complete (at least thoroughly) if not because leaving the game for a week and coming back to it can get you very lost. That + all of OoT3D's features (gyroscope aiming, bottom screen inventory, plus if they decide to do anything for MM's masks) and all it really needs to make it perfection is a fixed up save system that actually makes sense.
MM's save system is fine as it is. Play sessions will be a lot more convenient by virtue of being on the 3DS since you can just put the thing in sleep mode if you can't reset time right then and there.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Just played the demo for Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal. As a fan of Sonic in general, my first impression isn't very good.

Each character basically feels the same, asides from a special X button ability that they each possess.
Sonic = Spin Dash on ground, Air Dash in air
Tails = Bomb Throw.
Sticks = Throw Boomerang.
Knuckles = Shoulder Tackle on the ground, Burrows straight down in the air, but only works in places with burrowable ground.

To run, you have to hold the run button, which is very strange for a Sonic game which have nearly always been about gaining momentum and maintaining it while traversing the stages. Every character has Sonic's Homing Attack. Every character has a grappling beam to latch on to enemy shields/specific places in the stage where you need to swing from it.
Tails has a slight hover instead of his traditional flight.
Knuckles lacks his traditional gliding and climbing abilities, in favor of the situational burrow and being basically a Sonic clone.

I get that they wanted to go in another direction, but it doesn't even feel like a Sonic game. Sonic Chronicles was another direction that the franchise had been taken in years ago, but the characters in the game still felt like themselves. Everyone just feels....samey here.

I was looking forward to seeing the cartoon start this weekend (Since it sounds ridiculously silly), and now I'm iffy on the whole spin-off franchise. I hope they release a more traditional, but good Sonic game soon.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
If I did a huge road trip this summer just to go around and play smash with people, would any of you potentially house me?
Just random spur of the moment impulses to go driving cross country

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I was pretty young when OoT and MM came out. I kinda appreciate experiencing those games at such a young age cause I think that helped me get really enthralled in those games' worlds. Like I get how boring and empty hyrule field is now, but back then I somehow didn't notice that. I vividly remember wandering around hyrule town a really being captivated by how much was 'seemingly' going on there.

That being said, Clock town (and MM as a whole) captivated me sooo much more.

On a semi-related note, does anyone feel like the MM remake isn't going to be able to capture everything the original pulled off? I mean, mechanically it'll be the same if not better, but for some reason I feel like I would rather just go to the original if I wanted to experience the game again. I get that nostalgia comes into play, but there has to me more to it than that, right?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
On a semi-related note, does anyone feel like the MM remake isn't going to be able to capture everything the original pulled off? I mean, mechanically it'll be the same if not better, but for some reason I feel like I would rather just go to the original if I wanted to experience the game again. I get that nostalgia comes into play, but there has to me more to it than that, right?
I think it's a visuals things. Besides some lighting issues, OoT3D is vastly superior to the original visually speaking. It breathes new life into areas that originally used pre-rendered backgrounds, adding tons of details that weren't originally there. MM as it stands, already made most of the necessary improvements to break away from pre-rendered backgrounds so the graphical jump isn't nearly as big from N64 to 3DS. I think the feel is still there; I was most worried about the color palette (like in the sky and areas) being messed up but it looks mostly in tact. MM's sound design also plays a huge part into the atmosphere and I don't really expect that to change.

That being said, portability and 30 FPS (and gyroscope, I ****ing love gyroscope aiming) are the biggest factors going for MM3D. It will make the game so much easier to replay which is something I've always wanted for it. Quick inventory management like OoT3D is also gonna be nice.

Top Bottom