• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Back from an 8 hour long barbecue.

Highlight of the day -

Everyone brought some games
I brought project M
We go to get the TV we were going to hook up outside
My friend says it's kind of ****ty but it still works.
It's an big old CRT tv
My face when

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
NIN is kinda total ****. I pretty much hate industrial as a genre.

That said, if you want depressing metal that doesn't suck, it's out there. I'm particularly fond of Woods of Ypres and Woods of Desolation. I have no idea why those bands have such similar names. Doom Metal and Suicidal Depressive Black Metal are the genres for you mate.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Smash 4 has a pretty bad newcomer roster beyond the star power of the guest stars, and the loss of Wolf does suck yeah.

A total lack of villains (except for a quasi-villain in the return of Mewtwo within six months if you count that), a lot of noncharacters in Villager, WiiFit, Miis and wtf stuff like Dog Hunt (yes I meant it) who lacks the charm of previous wtfs like G&W, Ice Climbers and ROB.

Sure I'm sure some people love Greninja and crap but it just is weaker in newcomers than previous entries.

Oh I guess Bowser Jr. is a villain lol, but a lame one.
I disagree, I think most people are just upset Ridley didn't get in.

If you don't like Wii Fit, Villager and even Duck Hunt Doge (omg I hate dogs but he's sooo cute ;___; ) then there is something wrong.

Sakurai cares not for your villians, but the loss of Wolf was actually baffling BUT DR MARIO AND DARK PIT MUST JOIN THE BATTLE GUYS

New roster isn't without its flaws, but it's much better than 64's, Melee's, Brawl's.

Edit: What I'm trying to say is 50 characters is good, and can't be complained about that much.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

If you don't like Wii Fit, Villager and even Duck Hunt Doge (omg I hate dogs but he's sooo cute ;___; ) then there is something wrong.

Sakurai cares not for your villians, but the loss of Wolf was actually baffling BUT DR MARIO AND DARK PIT MUST JOIN THE BATTLE GUYS

New roster isn't without its flaws, but it's much better than 64's, Melee's, Brawl's.
64 is best

Pm needs a 64 mode, complete with n64 esque models for everyone

SpiderMad

Smash Master
NIN is kinda total ****. I pretty much hate industrial as a genre.
No you're mistaken. Trent Reznor is great. And in relation to some having some of the more depressing songs he's more relatable than those bands you listed of noob rockers guttering their throat.
-Every day is exactly the same
-I will use my voice, and I will use my fist, to destroy, everything I can. lol
-Something I can never have
Hurt and other songs. Simple stuff to relate to lol

Listen to the general whole albums (most songs are good, some are obviously a little lame) of With Teeth, The Slip, Downward Spiral, The Fragile, Broken. I'm guessing you may have listened to Pretty Hate Machine already.

I'm not too into any other Industrial bands I can think of. Most of it all sucks (including most of the Industrial bands Trent calls his influences), except Rammstein they're pretty rockin.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
stats 101
So how does one account for it? Is there some sort of formula I could apply?

Edit: Actually I think I figured it out.
I took the mean of the bottom 11 Brawl characters' usage stats and subtracted it from the remaining 26 characters' usage stats to account for the other characters being cut. MK has 1.8x more usage than the second most used character in Brawl with subsequent ~.4 increases going down the rest of the cast. Fox has 1.3x more usage than the second most used character in Melee with subsequent ~.2 increases going down the rest of the cast. So I somehow still ended up being right but my math was incorrect originally.

Last edited:

PsionicSabreur

Smash Journeyman

Edit: What I'm trying to say is 50 characters is good, and can't be complained about that much.
Roster as a whole, sure, but I think he was referring specifically to newcomers.
I would personally say Brawl and Melee both have better newcomer rosters, far and away. In the end it doesn't come down to much more than "it's heavily arguable," though.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Newcomers only? Melee probably had the best range but only because Melee introduced pretty much every other popular Nintendo franchise character. (Peach/Zelda/Bowser/Ganondork etc...)

It is tiem to move on from that though, what point is there living in the past :happysheep:

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Sometimes I think I'm going crazy.

Actually I'm fairly certain I am.

I'm scared one day someone will mention that I have whatever mental disorder I suffer from and that for the last 23 years no one has mentioned it to me.

Sometimes I talk to myself.

Sometimes I stab empty cardboard boxes with sharp objects.

I hope other people do these things.

Bleck

Smash Master
My ex-wife left me for a friend of mine - I know what it's like.

If anyone ever wants to talk, I'm almost always around.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Yes aero calm the **** down other people do those things
Your real disorder is Repressed Attention-Seekingitis, please discontinue talking about yourself so I can too

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
do you make sure the boxes are empty first

too many frogs have been lost while someone was poking the box for air holes and forgetting they were still inside

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
OK, I calmed the **** down.

Now it is time for me to drive at extremely high speeds.

Good bye frondz

do you make sure the boxes are empty first

too many frogs have been lost while someone was poking the box for air holes and forgetting they were still inside
I have no frogs.

Frogs don't exist here.

Or at least I've never seen one.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
The mods came because Bleck is acting nice again.

He obviously didn't learn his lesson last time.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
No you're mistaken. Trent Reznor is great. And in relation to some having some of the more depressing songs he's more relatable than those bands you listed of noob rockers guttering their throat.
-Every day is exactly the same
-I will use my voice, and I will use my fist, to destroy, everything I can. lol
-Something I can never have
Hurt and other songs. Simple stuff to relate to lol

Listen to the whole albums of With Teeth, The Slip, Downward Spiral, The Fragile, Broken (most of it). I'm guessing you may have listened to Pretty Hate Machine already.

I'm not too into any other Industrial bands I can think of. Most of it all sucks (including most of the Industrial bands Trent calls his influences), except Rammstein they're pretty rockin.
I'm pretty sure I listened to the downward spiral a couple years ago. I distinctly remembering the track titles spiraling on back of the CD, but that might just be an incorrect memory. That said, WoY is one of my favorite bands and I can connect to and appreciate a lot of their stuff. Maybe I'm more depressed than you or something trivial like that. Most of their lyrics I find comforting or humorous in that light. Their last album actually has some better lyrics to it, and I think that The Will To Give is a pretty cool idea, though the album it's on is sort of a concept album so it's not the perfect song on its own or anything and I'll admit that most of their lyrics are about being a social outcast with depression. I was just saying that the music is more depressing, not more realistic. I don't really care about realism in music, considering I don't care about the lyrics 99% of the time. I have no idea what Wanderer Above the Sea of Fog is about, I just like the way the atmosphere was composed. That said, one of my favorite songs for years now has been Fiddler on the Green by Demons & Wizards, as I consider it a total success at blending vocal emotion into both accessible and interesting composition and people don't tell me to turn off my music when I play Power Metal like they do when I play something more long winded.

20 tink-er points to anyone who actually listens to the whole song and tells me what they think
I can never share my musik with anyone :/

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
What happened while I was gone

Back to watching anime again, started ttgl

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
What happened while I was gone

Back to watching anime again, started ttgl
Yessss
don't stop, it slows down from like episode 3 to 7, but then picks up so much momentum and doesn't drop it the whole rest of the show (save for like 1 episode later, want to say it's like 22)
I've had a lot of people put it down during the beginning because there's some episodes that just feel like complete filler, but don't stop till you can't stop anymore

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
that anime started a religion

be sure to also watch at least the END of the movie they made --- all they did was extend and awesomefy further the final fight.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Yessss
don't stop, it slows down from like episode 3 to 7, but then picks up so much momentum and doesn't drop it the whole rest of the show (save for like 1 episode later, want to say it's like 22)
I've had a lot of people put it down during the beginning because there's some episodes that just feel like complete filler, but don't stop till you can't stop anymore
I haven't watched ttgl, but I think that description really describes Toward the Terra if you ignore the comment about filler

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
It's probably because I don't have any kids, but I always get a good laugh out of pedo jokes even though they're all creepy. That said, I didn't really find anything in that thread to actually be clever. It was just a bunch of racist jokes.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
It's probably because I don't have any kids, but I always get a good laugh out of pedo jokes even though they're all creepy. That said, I didn't really find anything in that thread to actually be clever. It was just a bunch of racist jokes.
The FBI story joke was good I'll be using that one-- not offensive against any certain demographic either.

A lot of them were clever but so gross they weren't funny, which prompts responses of mine like, "Woah. I see. Hm."

Top Bottom