• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Softy is not a boy or girl. He is a grill OK gosh

Also I'm pretty sure cheerleading used to be an all-guy thing. God dang Feminism stole everything from us!

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Nothin personnel or anything, but I thought Warsaint was like 16-17 or something.
MFW he's as ancient as 9bit

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Breaking out the tiger print spandex for our halloweekly, get on my level.

I was going to be a cheerleader and my ex be a football player but that didn't work out, I also never got a top or pom poms, and I couldn't grow my hair out long enough to do anything with it in time.

Now I guess I get to be the spoopy ghost tiger print rower from beyonddd
Wait what. Send me pictures of you so I can analyze your lifestyle further

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wait what. Send me pictures of you so I can analyze your lifestyle further
Send me 12 strands of your hair through the mail so I can run them through forensic testing and see if you've killed anyone!

Lizalfos

Smash Master
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Why
cuz the jiggz costume was just scary.

Also calling @ Player -0 Player -0 out for his "your CRT is either more or less laggy than mine so I can't roflstomp with Fox" johns.

He also wants Samus's F-smash to have a faster animation and less IASA frames because, "it is confusing that she can act before pulling her arm back".

Z-air is also apparently op and invalidates all approaches.

He was so salty he had to take me to SSB64. Beat all his board the platform times.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
If I have to take my sister trick or treating again next year, gonna be solid snake so I can just crawl through people's yards and explain that I'm not actually too old to trick or treat, I just suffer from accelerated aging. But I'm also old enough to smoke.

Player -0

Smash Hero
I call appeal to general mass fallacy.

1. I still did fine as Fax, your TV is just jank or something. Maybe restart your Wii every few weeks instead of leaving it running. Could be why. I mean, Snake wreckage still worked fine.

2. I want a more visually accurate animation of Samus' F-Smash because right now it doesn't pull back before you can act out of it but it looks like you shouldn't. The endlag is fine. I want the same treatment for F-Tilt too. When we played some SSB64 it had an obvious but powerful attack + finish.

3. Zair is a cool poke but it's kind of dumb how it currently is with how long it is with how quickly you can spam it. Not sure how to fix without breaking it.

4. You totally didn't beat my board the platforms times from when I was 5. You have to admit Sakurai did a TON right with 64, it was just lacking a bit of content that the newer games have. Like, you would go across stuff and use all the character's tools to beat the levels.

We wouldn't have to play 64 if you didn't forget your GCC like a scrub :awesome:.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I got the whole first page of panels planned, here is a quick rough draft of one of the scenes. It'll have Voodoo talks about Brawl and everything; but it all pans out to just be a flash back episode you are having as you are now 100 years in the future and dire to find a way to get back to the past/present and that's where the story of GHNeko truly begins (I don't wanna spoil too much, it involves the navy testing you into a time machine; and realizing the error of your ways as you meet Kappa himself).

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Did you take down the video where you talk to the camera about funding for Smashmods or whatever it was? I need that video
that video is long gone.

why the **** would you need that **** anyway

stop stalking me on the internet man

also im watching Rowdy Sumo Wrestler Matsutaro.

yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ayyyy lmao this anime is great.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm reading a ton of manga that I wish had more translations available and/or chapters out for me to enjoy. EEEEEEEEEE

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Wait softy are you a dude or a chick?

Anyway i'm feeling hyperactive and idk why. Maybe it was all that candy. But I'm 28 years old why would sugar still affect me this way.
I'm a factory certified grill
I'm a dude, but I'm semi- openly bi (as long as I parents don't find out and disown me I really don't care, but I don't go around waving my **** in front of dudes or anything) so I have tons of short shorts and leggings I wear around my dorm because they are comfy as ****, not flamboyant or anything and I don't wear them out in public or anything. I have a **** load of spandex because I row, also comfy as hell clothing.

I did a super cool fox combo on stream, my first thing recorded worthe gyfcating. Once the recordings go up I'll show you guys.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Link the stream past broadcast so I can just watch it there first, and then be dazzled in gif format

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
dmg dont be like that

we can be japbros

I'm a factory certified grill
I'm a dude, but I'm semi- openly bi (as long as I parents don't find out and disown me I really don't care, but I don't go around waving my **** in front of dudes or anything) so I have tons of short shorts and leggings I wear around my dorm because they are comfy as ****, not flamboyant or anything and I don't wear them out in public or anything. I have a **** load of spandex because I row, also comfy as hell clothing.

I did a super cool fox combo on stream, my first thing recorded worthe gyfcating. Once the recordings go up I'll show you guys.
a/s/l? ;)

also fox is laaaaaaaaame

unless you're doing cool things like b-reversal lasers into rar bairs and ****

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
It was in melee lol. Carried a falco across fd, then back, then combod into shine off stage
I don't really play Fox in pm, although I just almost won a money match vs heysues's kirby. All I had to do to win was dash forward jc upsmash because he thought my ledge getup was a roll and went for the upsmash, but I've been struggling all night with quick dash jc upsmash and lost the set cause I did upsmash in place >.>

Fox is by far my best character but playing him in pm feels horible vs most characters. Idk, don't even know who to main so I'll waiting for 3.5

Now I'm starving but I lost all my food money to heysuess ;_;

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Now I'm starving but I lost all my food money to heysuess ;_;
Hey, I beat that guy (once) in tourney (first LTC over a year ago). I'll avenge you!

Maybe

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I can't think of anything besides LTC2. I know I went to DFW more recently than that but I have no clue what events.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I can't think of anything besides LTC2. I know I went to DFW more recently than that but I have no clue what events.
we need to hang out again tho for real. i remember our Brawl+ friendlies and there were fun as ****.

is there a sizable tourney happenning soonish?

...Do you?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Right, so, Robin is cool. Smash 4 is nice.
navy johns Kappa

also **** nigga, you on a like-spree arent you.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I dunno what big Smash stuff is gonna be happening for DFW. Was gonna wait and see how Smash 4 on the WiiU turns out. There's a lack of exhaustive testing that will probably change once WiiU version comes out (better controls, no fear of breaking your console with mashing, etc).

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
i was talking to my brother about robin

and we both kinda came to the same conclusion

robin is a character that is good on paper but in reality just kinda leaves you with the impression of "oh. ok."

how does a ***** with so many good tools end up so mediocre lmfao

its like a dog that's all bark and no bite

I dunno what big Smash stuff is gonna be happening for DFW. Was gonna wait and see how Smash 4 on the WiiU turns out. There's a lack of exhaustive testing that will probably change once WiiU version comes out (better controls, no fear of breaking your console with mashing, etc).
my circle pad is already RIP

;_;

Last edited:

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
So I get hyped up on candy and starbrust freeze from taco bell. Then I proceed to play portal 2 co-op with a friend. Gets to trippy parts where i have no idea where i am or where i am going or doing + me killing friend or vise versa = me laughing non stop and pissing my family off and probably neighbors with the loudest evening i have had in a long time. My friend was accusing me of being on crack. Oh the wonders of having ADHD sometimes. Now if you will excuse me, i must pass out now

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I have to say, the Smash community has been worse than expected when it comes to creating a ruleset for Smash 4. I know a lot is up for grabs with the new version coming out, but seriously the massive sh*tstorm over stock counts and custom moves is silly. I've come to the conclusion that the Smash community overall is TERRIBLE at properly putting forth arguments for their philosophies/ideologies.

Perfect examples: (these are all actual quotes, typed by living human beings who are considered "good" Smashers)

- 2 stocks is way too fast. [This is his entire comment on facebook. This is literally his rebuttal]

(^^Thank you for explaining WHY it's too fast, or what the gameplay issue is)

- 3 stocks is better than 2 stocks. [This is also a singular comment, no reasoning put forth]

- We shouldn't allow custom moves, because some of the might be broken [Ok, why not test them out and ban any of the OP ones that come along?]

- Custom moves are janky [Explain the jank. How are they a problem competitively? How extensively have you played with them?]

- Custom moves should always only be a side event *Another person replied with "Why do you say that?" Reply: "Because Custom moves aren't "Smash"

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
people are mad salty about custom moves

I hate some of them COUGH COUGH DRAGON RUSH COUGH

but I use the long range star bit and luma warp so I can't complain

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
****'s ****ed, man.

I'm curious as to how CFL is gonna handle it. I hope we play around with ideas.

Top Bottom