• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Im just saying it would be far more awesome if shadow would have left on a badass note of adventure 2 and it would have been cool to see a death in sonic other than maria and Gamma. isnt that one of the reasons why Adventure to was awesome, because it was so dark?
Makes me wonder how Shadow would interact with the Deadly Six.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Is this a Blaze discussion I see?

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
I don't. But I have my own reasons for this.

Anyways... If Shadow would have died off, things would be fine. His spin-off could have done well on just taking place in the past entirely. I'm absolutely sure that Ark is big enough to compose plenty of levels for gameplay. Especially seeing as they don't really go as far as to say WHY the government needed Shadow anyways, besides being a pointless bioweapon the government holds back until **** gets muddy. There was no need to introduce him to heroes and ShTH as a cyborg, clone, alien, gun toting, vehicle driving, mobian hedgehog who undergoes an amnesia spell.
Yea probably, but I don't get that people blame him for Sega's bad games when he debuted in one the most iconic and critically acclaimed games in the franchise. Yea he was crap after but so was everyone else, Sega was going to bring in horrible games with or without him, people just love a scapegoat

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Is this a Blaze discussion I see?
A bit of Blaze mixed in with a Sonic discussion, yes. Thoughts?...

Why the heck aren't we starting a support group for Blaze in the character discussion thread? We clearly have a lot of people willing to support her. XD

Yea probably, but I don't get that people blame him for Sega's bad games when he debuted in one the most iconic and critically acclaimed games in the franchise. Yea he was crap after but so was everyone else, Sega was going to bring in horrible games with or without him, people just love a scapegoat
I completely agree with you, but the blame falls more on his own game than anything. Yes crappy games would have came with or without its inclusion to cannon, but it directly inflicted his image. I will like Shadow either way. Crappy story or not. Same goes for any of the other characters....except Jet and Big. They can gtfo.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
I completely agree with you, but the blame falls more on his own game than anything. Yes crappy games would have came with or without its inclusion to cannon, but it directly inflicted his image. I will like Shadow either way. Crappy story or not. Same goes for any of the other characters....except Jet and Big. They can gtfo.
Oh I'm not saying it didn't destroy his image, it certainly did, but blaming the character itself for a franchise going down a drain is just silly and people do it, like I said, Sega was gonna make crappy games with or without him, hence the scapegoat

I forgot how bad his game was, some of the alternate story routes really distort his personality to a ridiculous and embarrassing point

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Silver was actually my favorite character of the modern cast. Although I'll forever be baffled by the stupidity of Sonic Team for what they did to Blaze's story in 06. I was always under the impression, before 06 released, that Silver and Iblis were Sol dimensional counterparts to Sonic and Chaos. All my hype was flushed when we got the polished turd we see today.
Blaze herself already is the Sol Dimension counterpart to Sonic. It's just that Blaze has one thing going for her that all of Sonic's other "counterparts" don't.

Metal Sonic is just evil robot Sonic. Shadow is just a darker (Super) Sonic. Silver tries to be "Future Sonic".

Aside from the fact that she runs fast, Blaze isn't just another "Sonic". Even in abilities. She's an actual counterpart and opposite, especially in personality. She's similar to him, but while there are things Sonic can do that Blaze can, there are things that Blaze can do that Sonic himself can't. The opposite is the case for every other character in the series. (Moreso now thanks to the Wisps. Damn aliens making other characters obsolete.)

Well, except maybe Espio, somewhat Amy and ironically enough, Silver. I hate Silver, though. Game Silver, anyway. I love everything about Archie Silver, though, since he started off like the Game version of himself but then learned from his mistakes, matured and bettered his skills and now is a competent, formidable and respectable character.

But yeah, if anything, Blaze is basically Shadow and Knuckles merged together and done right.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
*has never played a Mario game or Zelda game either
*played Pokemon Soul Silver once

Edit: *Played the first mission of one of the Metroid Prime games < yay

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I was given the impression since names like Seagull Joe, ESAM, Xyro, and other BBRoom players started hating on the game. In many of the communities I've been too, those kind of people (as in people who are supposed to represent authority) are supposed to be role models.
Role models cannot be found on the internet (personally, I don't think role models exist) ....especially on SMASHBOARDS.

So what does that make esam/seagull/xyro? normal people who are literal LEGENDARY NERDS at brawl. something you will never become. ah yes, you will be forever stuck at home playing MineSweeper on your windows 98 computers while us TRULY AMAZING players will be touchin' up on the finest of women (or for esam....men) and drinking the oldest of wine.

Worship us, for we are your salvation. Just not role models.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I've only played Gens 1, 3 and 6 of Pokemon.

I don't like Gen 2 much so I didn't play it all, skipped 4 and...well, just forgot to play 5. I did watch playthroughs for 2, 4 and 5, though. XD

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
SS I think was 4, but you start with like... Gen 2(?) starters, and I've never particularly been a fan of them...
Mixed types are sexy, NONE of them are mixed.
Mudkip all day. lackinginSS :(

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Oh I'm not saying it didn't destroy his image, it certainly did, but blaming the character itself for a franchise going down a drain is just silly and people do it, like I said, Sega was gonna make crappy games with or without him, hence the scapegoat

I forgot how bad his game was, some of the alternate story routes really distort his personality to a ridiculous and embarrassing point
Yes. I actually enjoy some factors of the story though. Black Doom's grip on Shadow's mind can even be apparent in SA2 where his memory skipped out on Maria's wish for peace. Shadow being in slumber was enough for Doom to distort Shadow's motives and fuel his rage. It is even enough to control Shadow's entire character, as shown by his personality shift when he had undergone an amnesia spell. Once Shadow found out the source of his confusion he was able to overcome it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Blaze is like if you combined Shadow and Knuckles while simultaneously removing pretty much all of the edginess. it was awesome.

If Blaze was in P:M I'd play the **** out of it.

Also, Jet's voice is the only one that sucks in both 4kids and post4kids voice casting.
The only thing worse than Griffith is a knock-off of his voice.

:applejack:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Reading the Whobo thread made my headache worse, holy ****, I've never read anything from someone that thought they were so ****ing great and important.

I can't believe some people take Smash SO SERIOUSLY. I just like playing the game jeez
Xyro = 100000000000000000000000000000000000000
Yars= 0

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Blaze herself already is the Sol Dimension counterpart to Sonic. It's just that Blaze has one thing going for her that all of Sonic's other "counterparts" don't.

Metal Sonic is just evil robot Sonic. Shadow is just a darker (Super) Sonic. Silver tries to be "Future Sonic".

Aside from the fact that she runs fast, Blaze isn't just another "Sonic". Even in abilities. She's an actual counterpart and opposite, especially in personality. She's similar to him, but while there are things Sonic can do that Blaze can, there are things that Blaze can do that Sonic himself can't. The opposite is the case for every other character in the series. (Moreso now thanks to the Wisps. Damn aliens making other characters obsolete.)

Well, except maybe Espio, somewhat Amy and ironically enough, Silver. I hate Silver, though. Game Silver, anyway. I love everything about Archie Silver, though, since he started off like the Game version of himself but then learned from his mistakes, matured and bettered his skills and now is a competent, formidable and respectable character.

But yeah, if anything, Blaze is basically Shadow and Knuckles merged together and done right.
I would say Blaze is more of a Sol dimensional representation of Knuckles, given her royalty mirroring his clan and her guardianship role also stemming from that.

Silver portrayed himself just fine in 06, but Rivals and Generations made him out to be a fool in terms of character. It is quite sad they toss him around without letting his character develop past his 06 personality.

I'm sure you've seen me say many times throughout a thread or two that I do my own written work based on the existing cannon. I research game cannon religiously for my own work.

SpiderMad

Smash Master

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I would say Blaze is more of a Sol dimensional representation of Knuckles, given her royalty mirroring his clan and her guardianship role also stemming from that.

Silver portrayed himself just fine in 06, but Rivals and Generations made him out to be a fool in terms of character. It is quite sad they toss him around without letting his character develop past his 06 personality.

I'm sure you've seen me say many times throughout a thread or two that I do my own written work based on the existing cannon. I research game cannon religiously for my own work.
Blaze is the counterpart to Sonic. It's blatantly obvious and officially stated as such, and c'mon. She has the same shoes as Sonic except they're high heels. XD

Silver made more than a fool and complete idiot out of himself in 06, especially since everything that happened int hat game was basically his fault. In Rivals he stopped being an idiot and became a jerk instead. In Generations, there was no character at all because he only showed up in one cutscene, but Silver should be a goofball. He works better when people can play off of his foolishness and naivety while he still gets to have a cool moment every now and then.

He's like the actual Luigi of the Sonic series in terms of character, unlike Tails who can smart-talk Sonic all week long, as Colors and Lost World have shown. Point is, Silver is a ****ty character in two(Well, three since there are 2 Rivals) ****ty games. He needs a redesign in personality...and definitely in character design. He looks ridiculous.

And it's canon, buddy. Only one "n". ¦D

Oh no, I've never seen any of your posts before. I didn't even know you existed until today. =D

Blaze is like if you combined Shadow and Knuckles while simultaneously removing pretty much all of the edginess. it was awesome.

If Blaze was in P:M I'd play the **** out of it.

Also, Jet's voice is the only one that sucks in both 4kids and post4kids voice casting.
The only thing worse than Griffith is a knock-off of his voice.

:applejack:
Dammit, why do I agree with absolutely everything you say in here? XD

Mixed types aren't always sexy, just ask Charizard

Not actually trying to argue against you. I just wanted an excuse to post this. ¦3

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Role models cannot be found on the internet (personally, I don't think role models exist) ....especially on SMASHBOARDS.

So what does that make esam/seagull/xyro? normal people who are literal LEGENDARY NERDS at brawl. something you will never become. ah yes, you will be forever stuck at home playing MineSweeper on your windows 98 computers while us TRULY AMAZING players will be touchin' up on the finest of women (or for esam....men) and drinking the oldest of wine.

Worship us, for we are your salvation. Just not role models.
Touche.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Bad topic, would not hit it or want to be in a position to quit it

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
i just now noticed your Warioes emanate in different directions

My browser does not recognize Warioes or Warios as the proper pluralization of Wario.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yay ty for noticing. My sig used to be 4 of the same Wario's, figured I'd shake it up a little bit

I have no idea what the plural of Wario is. As if the world could contain multiple of this beast running around, pootin on things for treasure and tossing women aside like last year's Barbie Doll

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No stahp

You make him sound like a pierogi

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Please, that piece of roster filler? Dude never even starred in his own game outside of fan-makes.
And yet he manages to have more character, be far more entertaining and likeable than his disgusting older brother. XD

That said, I like them both more than Mario and Luigi. ¦D

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
The first time I spoke to you via Skype, I was hearing Sonic rings being collected as background noise :p.
I wonder what I was doing lol.

I had the "Chaos Emerald Jingle" as a text message ringtone for years at one point.

All that stupid SP you have to dump just to reach PP Regen and PP Convert is just lol. My problem with the weapon system currently is that the only reason you really upgrade is for stats and all the new weapons with the JA bonus latents are really not helping this. I have 13 mil lying around because upgrading feels pointless. I'm already ungodly powerful running GU/HU as is and there's no unique upgrades to look into. As for quests, it's a little sad when I see a new area and don't feel that excited for it lol. There's so many different quest types they could steal from PSO1 that would make this game so much more fun to play (like a proper Maximum Attack instead of whatever the hell we got before the anniversary).
Please dont get my started on Techer Skill tree.

I totally regret pumping points into FO at random because I though that since Techer was an advanced class that there was no point in me using Force lol.

what a ****ing mistake that was.

I'm pretty sure that SegaC will add more variety in the quests as the game goes on.

I. Miss. PSO FOmarl so much. I wish TE was so much better than it was because I love support and this game doesn't make that easy for me. Loved using Slicer of Fanatic, Charge Vulcans, and Vivienne as FOmarl for hybrid melee/support, but it just seems so difficult to make it work well in this game, especially when god damn HU is such a stupidly good sub (****in' GU/HU, what were they thinking). It just seems so much more difficult with the way the weapon categories work out (all-class system needs work).
Yo **** Battle FOmars. Those Pieces of ****s did everything my humar did but better. I'm so jelly of thm.

All-Class weapons are jokes as they are now, but I feel like with good reason.

Since Sonic Advance 2 and Sonic Rush are my top favorite 2D games in the series, I have nothing but love and respect for you for that. <3

Even moreso since Blaze is my favorite character in the series. XD

*fistbump*
Blaze is also my favorite Sonic character. If she were in Smash Bros, I'd drop Sonic in a heartbeat. :applejack:
Blaze is my second favorite character in the sonic series, and my favorite female character.

But of course Tails first. Though as of late, I've really hated Tails as a character in the sonic games. Compared to Archie's Tails, Tails in the game is a pathetic character, despite how useful he is.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Poor HUmars can't catch a break man. They used to have S/D back in the DC version, but removed it for some reason (probably to justify HUney but she's also **** so I don't even know).

Top Bottom