• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I've been playing for the past few months. I had to stop since Gameguard doesn't play nice with Windows 8.1 RTM. :/

I'm a 46/45 Bra/Tec hybrid which is horrid because the current level cap doent give me enough SP to make Techer really useful to Braver but it's whatever. I have more fun that way.

I don't think the weapon systems in concept is bad, but rather the execution. The heavy reliance on chance and high in-game currency cots to "nudge" people to buy AC to buy success boosting items is annoying.

I do agree that the quests get mundane really quick. Especially TACOS. They're the new age TTFs and I, quite frankly, am sick of them, but they're pretty much required to even consider end game equipment from the player shops.

It's stupid lol.

I think my biggest gripe with the game is once again, classes are too specalized and sub-classes don't do jack **** to help because a bulk of your stats come from weapons. It's stupid lol.

I'd much rather weapons make up a small portion of the corresponding stat and/or keep weapons traditional in the sense it only boosts attack and homogenize the attack categories.

But I'm super biased in the fact that I forcefully work against the status quo and build a hybrid build in each PSO type game since the dreamcast days.

**** me right?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Hells yea, this is the Shadow I remember, I just pretend everything else after this didn't exist
I don't. But I have my own reasons for this.

Anyways... If Shadow would have died off, things would be fine. His spin-off could have done well on just taking place in the past entirely. I'm absolutely sure that Ark is big enough to compose plenty of levels for gameplay. Especially seeing as they don't really go as far as to say WHY the government needed Shadow anyways, besides being a pointless bioweapon the government holds back until **** gets muddy. There was no need to introduce him to heroes and ShTH as a cyborg, clone, alien, gun toting, vehicle driving, mobian hedgehog who undergoes an amnesia spell.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
SoJ is the worst when it comes to Sonic continuity.

and lol

with all the ******** i do towards sega and it's products, you'd be hard pressed to believe I'm a hardcore sega fan.

But then again, that's probably a tell in itself.

Vigilante

Smash Lord

and lol

with all the *****ing i do towards sega and it's products, you'd be hard pressed to believe I'm a hardcore sega fan.

The first time I spoke to you via Skype, I was hearing Sonic rings being collected as background noise :p.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
More Blaze the Cat and less of Sonic's crap modern cast please.

Note: the games not the comics. I don't read them so don't tell me how super cool the freedom fighters are, doesn't apply to the gameverse.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I've been playing for the past few months. I had to stop since Gameguard doesn't play nice with Windows 8.1 RTM. :/
I'm a 46/45 Bra/Tec hybrid which is horrid because the current level cap doent give me enough SP to make Techer really useful to Braver but it's whatever. I have more fun that way.
I don't think the weapon systems in concept is bad, but rather the execution. The heavy reliance on chance and high in-game currency cots to "nudge" people to buy AC to buy success boosting items is annoying.
I do agree that the quests get mundane really quick. Especially TACOS. They're the new age TTFs and I, quite frankly, am sick of them, but they're pretty much required to even consider end game equipment from the player shops.
It's stupid lol.
All that stupid SP you have to dump just to reach PP Regen and PP Convert is just lol. My problem with the weapon system currently is that the only reason you really upgrade is for stats and all the new weapons with the JA bonus latents are really not helping this. I have 13 mil lying around because upgrading feels pointless. I'm already ungodly powerful running GU/HU as is and there's no unique upgrades to look into. As for quests, it's a little sad when I see a new area and don't feel that excited for it lol. There's so many different quest types they could steal from PSO1 that would make this game so much more fun to play (like a proper Maximum Attack instead of whatever the hell we got before the anniversary).

I think my biggest gripe with the game is once again, classes are too specalized and sub-classes don't do jack **** to help because a bulk of your stats come from weapons. It's stupid lol.
I'd much rather weapons make up a small portion of the corresponding stat and/or keep weapons traditional in the sense it only boosts attack and homogenize the attack categories.
But I'm super biased in the fact that I forcefully work against the status quo and build a hybrid build in each PSO type game since the dreamcast days.
**** me right?
I. Miss. PSO FOmarl so much. I wish TE was so much better than it was because I love support and this game doesn't make that easy for me. Loved using Slicer of Fanatic, Charge Vulcans, and Vivienne as FOmarl for hybrid melee/support, but it just seems so difficult to make it work well in this game, especially when god damn HU is such a stupidly good sub (****in' GU/HU, what were they thinking). It just seems so much more difficult with the way the weapon categories work out (all-class system needs work).

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
so I'm playing Sonic Lost World on the 3DS, preparing to go in with the idea that I'm making a huge mistake despite me being a huge sonic enthusiast

these controls are surprisingly responsive, more than any other 3D sonic has managed to accomplish. even the good ones

I played a 2D stage and it was pretty boss

parkour system didn't take much for me to get into either though as I'm going along, i'm seeing this game is sort've stressing the idea that you have to be creative, pay attention, and know what you're doing with this parkour system. otherwise significant momentum loss or even life loss is at hand. nevertheless it's great addition and i'd like to see some fine tuning to it in the future

what's completely baffling me is the concept of these special stages. sonic's like flying in space or some **** all slow like (with the option to 2gofast with the press of R because i lik 2 mov quik, etc). the point is that you have to collect these spheres that's floating out there or whatever. order of me to control him, I have to move the 3DS up and down and all around to move sonic. i thought it was just slight turns but no, i was doing no **** circles in my bed so in order for me to play this, i have to get up and spin around. i was getting slightly dizzy sometimes but it's kind of fun when you get used to it. though i wouldn't recommend playing a special stage anywhere outside of your house. you'll get your preemptive diagnosis of autism among the public, as if playing sonic didn't do so already

rating: 360 degrees/10

don't mean a thing if you ain't got that swing

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
The meaning behind the video is lost on me. Anyone care for an explanation?

I'm not too well informed on "Corners: The Fighting Game".

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 2

You mean Tekken?

Jokes aside, all of those supers were minute whiff punishes. Sometimes you can just do it, though. You **** up and get supered.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I agree, Lost World is the best handheld Sonic since the original Advance. The Rush games are so bad I don't want to think about them.

The Special Stages are much easier once you figure out how to realign the camera quickly in front of you with a button press while pointing at the next bubble. I got really good at it the last few days.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal

and lol

with all the *****ing i do towards sega and it's products, you'd be hard pressed to believe I'm a hardcore sega fan.

Not sure if that was directed at me or not, but honestly I could care less about how crappy the games have been and how each continuity contradicts another. I enjoy using every element introduced for my own written work. You would be surprised how one games plothole can create interesting ties to another game. For me it is the most fun thing about the series, but that is just me. Bring on the haters kthx.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Really, I'm wondering whether the negative reviews are judging the game on its own merits or because it's not "Sonic enough". The fact that motion controls appear to be involved does raise a red flag for me and I wouldn't play any game that requires its use anymore. I'm done with motions. I was going to give the game a chance until they announced it was the only way to play it.

However, review sites in general seem to go "It's not the Sonic feel we expect". Others say the change is welcome and they are fine with sacrificing some of the speed for better control. I wonder what is your take on this.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I wish they'd stop judging by feels and actually talk about the technical side of Lost World. I don't give a **** what the Sonic feel is supposed to be; I want to know if, with practice, this game can control and play well.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Gyroscopic controls > motion controls. Playing Ocarina of Time 3D convinced me of that immediately. Superb arrow accuracy for life!

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
The fact that motion controls appear to be involved does raise a red flag for me and I wouldn't play any game that requires its use anymore. I'm done with motions.

it's for the optional special stages only

but the best way I can describe it is like

you know that one kid who would play mario kart or some racing game and move his controller around? (rupees in the bank if it's you) just imagine you had that kind of immersion in a game. it's just like that and it's kinda cool

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Well, there's the fact that Sonic games have had issues with its design, so I'm expecting changes. It really looks more like Sega is experimenting to fix these issues, but keep not finding the right balance.

However, i admit I'd rather if Sega gave the Valkyria Chronicles and Skies of Arcadia franchises the respect they deserve instead.

Edit: Whether gyro or not, I hate motion controls. They should always be optional, always.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The Wii U version forces motion controls with the Wisps I have heard. It sounds like this is a rare case where the handheld version is more satisfying than the console version if reviews are to be believed.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Is playing Smash really relaxing though? It's stressful the way you guys do it. :pimp:
It can get pretty exciting, but I also have the option to play with friends and relax. The thing with motion gaming is that it becomes alarmingly frustrating and demands that you move around a lot. I like keeping my cool and my focus.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal

Note: the games not the comics. I don't read them so don't tell me how super cool the freedom fighters are, doesn't apply to the gameverse.
Blaze was to be introduced in Sonic Adventure 2, but her concept was saved and reworked for Rush. Blaze and Shadow essentially started off as the same character before their concepts split into what they are now. This explains the similarities in their personalities and abilities. Ex: Flame hover = Rocket Shoes and both rival Sonic in the department of speed.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
**** Hazama.
That video brought back so many online headaches.

Nobody can hate anything harder than its respective fanbase.

You know, I would've given you a fist bump, but:

The Rush games are so bad I don't want to think about them.
Now I just hope you die old and alone, with no one attending your funeral except for a priest with a hangover who laments his career, a gravedigger who was called in after forgetting that he had a shift that day, and a homeless man who happened to stumble by because he needed somewhere to piss.

Sonic Rush is the best Sonic game to come out on a handheld. The only thing that can even try to compare is Sonic Advance 2, or Sonic Classic Collection.

Is there any Sonic game that's as fast as like... F-Zero GT?
Anything after 06 but before Lost World. :applejack:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just here to show some love for the Mewtwo PSA, it´s looking ****ing awesome so far.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
**** Hazama.
That video brought back so many online headaches.

Nobody can hate anything harder than its respective fanbase.

You know, I would've given you a fist bump, but:

Now I just hope you die old and alone, with no one attending your funeral except for a priest with a hangover who laments his career, a gravedigger who was called in after forgetting that he had a shift that day, and a homeless man who happened to stumble by because he needed somewhere to piss.

Sonic Rush is the best Sonic game to come out on a handheld. The only thing that can even try to compare is Sonic Advance 2, or Sonic Classic Collection.

:applejack:
You have all of my yes for the above. Rush was one of my favorites games via handheld. I can't say I agree with most of the modern cast being crappy, but yes Blaze was a supurb addition.

Ariyo

Smash Apprentice
So as long as you memorize the level, and what to do, it's easy?
Because that's essentially what you're saying. :applejack:
I never said I memorized it, as I didn't play it for that long to memorize it. I'm just saying it wasn't that hard.

Ariyo

Smash Apprentice
To be honest I felt sonic unleashed was of medium difficulty, after a few tries it was easy to rush through the levels. The game I consider hard is I wanna be the boshy, that game makes me want to urinate out of my eyeballs.
The boshy?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I think Shadow should have died in Adventure 2 like E-102 Gamma died in Adventure.
What you see is what you get.... -bricked-

I still think Shadow's game should have been based on the events that led up to pre-SA2. It would have been epic to see a final boss be some ridiculous G.U.N. war mech as they struggle to confine Shadow.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
Pretty much the same here. I watched it during the EVO fundraiser, since it got me to chat with a few bronies that were supporting Fighting is Magic. They told me so many good things about it that I went into it with rather large expectations, and the surprise effect didn't quite work on me. But they're just like us : a passionate bunch that is not really the target audience of the product they enjoy. Hasbro has been just as much a d*ck to them as Nintendo has been to us, and that made me bond with the fans much more than with the actual show itself lol
Plus they have a lot of free music that is sometimes pretty good. So there's that.
Can't really agree with that. There have been relatively few things that Hasbro has done that could be seen as dickish, with the Fighting is Magic shutdown probably being the most egregious, and even then, who knows what they were thinking about at the time? Honestly, they've been downright supportive in their own way - even if they're only seeing adult fans as another source of income, the fact that they're even trying to work with this unexpected development is more than Nintendo has ever done for competitive Smash.

:applejack: clearly the best

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Since Sonic Advance 2 and Sonic Rush are my top favorite 2D games in the series, I have nothing but love and respect for you for that. <3

Even moreso since Blaze is my favorite character in the series. XD

*fistbump*

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Blaze is also my favorite Sonic character. If she were in Smash Bros, I'd drop Sonic in a heartbeat. :applejack:

red9rd

Smash Ace
What you see is what you get.... -bricked-

I still think Shadow's game should have been based on the events that led up to pre-SA2. It would have been epic to see a final boss be some ridiculous G.U.N. war mech as they struggle to confine Shadow.
I like Shadow but I think he would have been way MORE awesome if he died.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Since Sonic Advance 2 and Sonic Rush are my top favorite 2D games in the series, I have nothing but love and respect for you for that. <3

Even moreso since Blaze is my favorite character in the series. XD

*fistbump*
This is turning into a circle of respect. As obvious as it should've been, I would have never guessed you were a Blaze fan. Props to you Wave.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Blaze is also my favorite Sonic character. If she were in Smash Bros, I'd drop Sonic in a heartbeat. :applejack:
You and I are clearly on the same wavelength here. XD

Considering how much potential she has compared to the rest of the cast, I'd easily take Blaze as a second Sonic rep over anyone else.

inb4NekowantsTails

This is turning into a circle of respect. As obvious as it should've been, I would have never guessed you were a Blaze fan. Props to you Wave.
Must've never seen my posts in the Clone Engine (or maybe it was the Alt Costume Engine? O_o) thread about why I feel she has the most potential to be a different, unique but still appealing character in Smash than most others in the series.

I won't lie. I keep my head on tight and straight, but I'm a Blaze fanboy through and through. I even played the Winter and London Olympics games just to play as her. XD (That, and they're actually pretty fun. I didn't pay for them, though. ¦D)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I like Shadow but I think he would have been way MORE awesome if he died.
Eh, Shadow was still cool in Heroes. It's just that his solo game ended up screwing him over forever since no one wants to forgive it.

Ironically, he was kinda better in the cluster**** of 06 since he was the ONLY character that actually got **** done in the story. 06 might as well have been named "Shadow 2".

Blaze was still the best character in that game gameplay wise, though. Even in that terrible game she managed to outshine the others due to being a better and more versatile Sonic. Too bad she didn't make a damn lick of sense story wise, but the game was retconned and Palmtree the Tree's backstory got changed thanks to Rivals, so all is well. (Yes. The Rivals series is canon...Take that how you will. >_>')

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Silver was actually my favorite character of the modern cast. Although I'll forever be baffled by the stupidity of Sonic Team for what they did to Blaze's story in 06. I was always under the impression, before 06 released, that Silver and Iblis were Sol dimensional counterparts to Sonic and Chaos. All my hype was flushed when we got the polished turd we see today.

red9rd

Smash Ace
Eh, Shadow was still cool in Heroes. It's just that his solo game ended up screwing him over forever since no one wants to forgive it.

Ironically, he was kinda better in the cluster**** of 06 since he was the ONLY character that actually got **** done in the story. 06 might as well have been named "Shadow 2".

Blaze was still the best character in that game gameplay wise, though. Even in that terrible game she managed to outshine the others due to being a better and more versatile Sonic. Too bad she didn't make a damn lick of sense story wise, but the game was retconned and Palmtree the Tree's backstory got changed thanks to Rivals, so all is well. (Yes. The Rivals series is canon...Take that how you will. >_>')
Im just saying it would be far more awesome if shadow would have left on a badass note of adventure 2 and it would have been cool to see a death in sonic other than maria and Gamma. isnt that one of the reasons why Adventure to was awesome, because it was so dark?

Top Bottom