• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MLGF

Smash Lord
Now isn't that some wonderful Schadenfreude.
I feel way better now, thanks.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
As someone who has little to no scene;
Pray that smash 4 Wii U sparks a interest in your area then. I may start learning how to T.O if need be if no one wants to host smash 4 in my area on the side and my area is heavy into melee and now PM kinda cause of me preaching the law of PM like Moses and our melee heads realized that they need to learn PM on the side since it blew our melee numbers from like 40 from melee to 64 at Roll Tier 3.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
There soo many shows I was mad that they got canceled it's not even funny.

Megas XLR, Young Justice, The Spectacular Spider Man, Thundercats reboot and Symbotic titan are some of those shows.
Every single one of these were the few examples of ALMOST great american animated series. They fell short on some things though which got them cancelled I think.

For example, the nonstop childish loonytoons style theme music for the thundercats reboot destroyed the drama and made it look like an ADHD-catering childrens show. Many things about it I thought were awesome and I still have it on my PC, but I stopped halfway thru cuz of how frustrated I was with said soundtrack. Also Liono's dad's VA was so absurdly melodramatic and I think gave a horrible first impression for many would-be followers.

Symbiotic Titan was pretty cool, but I think mixing young-adult drama with anatomically inaccurate character designs confuses demographics and is what causes it to suffer in the ratings and lead to cancellation. I mean that's my two cents anyway. I loved the sexual symbolism in that show though, didn't the dude and chick combine to turn into a stronger robot?

Megas XLR was great but I guess the goofiness of it couldn't keep it afloat as a multi-season epic? Also I mean even though it was well-animated by American standards, it was still pretty ****ty looking compared to almost any robot anime.

God KNOWS why Young Justice was cut. Absolutely vexing. But it still doesn't help that they have to sanitize it to be kid friendly to a certain degree. I know they tried to darken it up with the TVPG rating, I think.

We can complain but I think the honest truth is we still haven't gotten it 100% right when it comes to young-adult oriented cartoon epics.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
God KNOWS why Young Justice was cut. Absolutely vexing. But it still doesn't help that they have to sanitize it to be kid friendly to a certain degree. I know they tried to darken it up with the TVPG rating, I think.
God isn't the only one, we know the reason, and that's because girls liked it, and "girls don't buy toys". That's literally the reason, it didn't sell enough toys.

**** Cartoon Network man.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I hear it had to do with marketing. You never saw ads for the toys and the video game didn't come out til after it got canned.
Also, despite having a huge female fanbase, but execs didn't cater to them.
THIS IS STUPID!
If they had put "Hello Megan" on a shirt and marketed that stuff, that's instant money.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Soundtrack? The biggest issues with the Thundercats reboot were what a useless wimp Lion-O was, how the romance between two characters came from nowhere and how the premise of the story makes no sense at all.

This advanced cat civilization doesn't believe that technology exists, when the Thundercats find it everywhere on Third Earth.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I hear it had to do with marketing. You never saw ads for the toys and the video game didn't come out til after it got canned.
Also, despite having a huge female fanbase, but execs didn't cater to them.
THIS IS STUPID!
If they had put "Hello Megan" on a shirt and marketed that stuff, that's instant money.
That's fascinating, this kind of behindthescenes bull**** would be the only thing making sense of the death of that show.

So what do you mean they didn't cater to the girl fanbase? How did they not? It had romance and cool female leads and stuff right?

Also what is 'hello megan' from?

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Oh ok.

Soundtrack? The biggest issues with the Thundercat reboot were what a useless wimp Lion-O was, how the romance between two characters came from nowhere and how the premise of the story makes no sense at all.

This advanced cat civilization doesn't believe that technology exists, when the Thundercats find it everywhere on Third Earth.
No dude that's not why it tanked, Liono's character re imagining of being a regular young dude and not a roided out dudebro was a good angle on their part, i'm telling you it was the stupid music that freaked adult viewers out and they didn't realize it. That and some of the bad VAing.

The story was fine, any story can be carried if the animation, action, comedy, and dialgoue is good quality.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
That's fascinating, this kind of behindthescenes bull**** would be the only thing making sense of the death of that show.

So what do you mean they didn't cater to the girl fanbase? How did they not? It had romance and cool female leads and stuff right?

Also what is 'hello megan' from?
The show catered to girls. The merchandise didn't.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I mean girls of what age? What could they possibly sell except capsleeve t-shirts with the char's insignias on them or whatnot?
Or toys? Toy industry holds itself back by adhering to gender stereotypes. If they had marketed toys that showed both girls and boys playing with them, you hit both audiences.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Or toys? Toy industry holds itself back by adhering to gender stereotypes. If they had marketed toys that showed both girls and boys playing with them, you hit both audiences.
I suppose you're right yeah. But it's still weird that a good show's existence should rely so heavily on the success of some damn action figures.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I mean girls of what age? What could they possibly sell except capsleeve t-shirts with the char's insignias on them or whatnot?
This is a pretty dated way of thinking, coincidentally this is the same way the people in charge of merchandising Young Justice thought. You shed the idea of "girl toys" and "boy toys" and just make some goddamn toys and ****. If you REALLY don't want to accept the fact that girls are just as capable of enjoying action figures, video games, and the like as boys then there are still other directions you can go to merchandise to them (like make plushies in addition to the action figures).

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
That's what you said last time I asked you LOL.

I need premium again anyways **** this game and its lack of end-game content. :(
Welcome to the world of PSO2.

Also you didn't ask me then. If so, then it was a week after you asked me. I sold like 3 11* DS when there were like 4mil a pop.

Hunting for those damn 11* units is a ****ing nightmare.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
I mean, chances are they did wait to see if they would get toy purchases from the female audience.
There wasn't a lot of buys and chances are the sales team probably just made the association, like any other business study group.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
This is a pretty dated way of thinking, coincidentally this is the same way the people in charge of merchandising Young Justice thought. You shed the idea of "girl toys" and "boy toys" and just make some goddamn toys and ****. If you REALLY don't want to accept the fact that girls are just as capable of enjoying action figures, video games, and the like as boys then there are still other directions you can go to merchandise to them (like make plushies in addition to the action figures).
Well when I mentioned only being able to push t-shirts to their girl viewers it was under the impression most of them were older adolescents and teenagers-- a demographic a little older than what consumes action figures I guess (not that I didn't stop buying transformers til I was like 19 but whatever).

So if you're claiming most of their female demographic was between 8 and 12 years then, yeah I can get behind advertising girls their age crashing about with figures of Artemis and Miss Martian, sure. I wonder if it's been attempted before and if it worked. Honestly I do.

But for the record, I do think it's a misguided notion that male and female homosapians are identical to one another at there basest instincts. People think when little girls don't like swinging around sticks and throwing rocks as much as little boys do it's because we're forcefully conditioning them due to some stigma when I think the real truth is boys in their youth are just being subconsciously reminded by their primal instincts that their species' sex perpetuated itself via stabbing the **** out of sabertooth tigers. So we should consider the possibility that boys will respond better to action figures and vise versa for deeper reasons than just that somehow our culture is telling them they ought to.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
The best American cartoon is obviously the teen titans reboot. How could it go wrong, being directed by two people who had watched like, 2 episodes of the original.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
guys, I think 3.5 is going to be released tomorrow so servers and downloads don't explode

SpiderMad

Smash Master
guys, I think 3.5 is going to be released tomorrow so servers and downloads don't explode
I don't, it feels like we haven't received all of the blogposts/videos yet. And I think they'd rather have a hype release: this time around I think they probably got the best servers. That reminds me though, I wonder if you still update through the loader menu Warchamp made.

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Is there like a technical term for when you jump at a platform and just waveland off its corner into an aerial or something instead of onto the platform?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
**** Cartoon Network man.
You know what? It makes me terribly sad that we now live in a world where this statement can be said out loud and not be considered slander since so many others rightfully feel the same.

Cartoon Network...What the hell happened to you?

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
At least we have Regular Show and Adventure Time

Which leads me to one of my favorite gifs

EDIT: .... which for some reason is not working... great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom